It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

April Fools- Saddam Fell for the Deception

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
In an upcoming book, Gen. Tommy Franks USA (Ret), reveals a secret plan which fooled Saddam Hussein and helped the coalition forces make easy work of Baghdad. This looks like an interesting read....

Double agent fooled Saddam
WASHINGTON - General Tommy Franks, the U.S. war commander in Iraq, has disclosed the best-kept secret of the conflict.

Through a double agent called April Fool, the former general tricked Saddam Hussein into fatally bungling the defence of his country.

As a result, while American armoured columns raced to Baghdad from southern Iraq, Saddam held back many of his best divisions to fight expected attacks from the north and west, which never came.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 8/1/04 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. Saddam or his generals fell victem to this in GWI as well He belived tha Marines would make an amphib assult on the beaches of Kuwait and committed forces to repel it as well.

He reminds me of Hitler in more ways than one. Taking on a high tech army schooled in manuver warfare is alot different than gassing Kurd's. How many casulties would the coalition forces taken if he was a competent military leader? Same goes for Hitler.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Funny, the first gulf war just the opposite strategy was applied.

It was the attack from the sides that was effective.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley
Funny, the first gulf war just the opposite strategy was applied.
It was the attack from the sides that was effective.

You wonder if this was the plan but with Turkey not allowing the 4th Div through, changed the plans and Saddam did not change his?

new topics

top topics

join