It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukishima Reactor fuel rods in complete meltdown

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TETRA.X

FAKE

The Australian radiation service have denied releasing this
so please people don't believe this map
edit on 12-5-2011 by Bixxi3 because: DENY IGNORANCE remember?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
And to stay on topic I found this, very worrying.

Tokyo Electric Power Company says the No.1 reactor at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant is believed to be in a state of “meltdown”. The utility company said on Thursday that most of the fuel rods are likely to have melted and fallen to the bottom of the reactor. Earlier in the day, it found that the coolant water in the reactor is at a level which would completely expose nuclear fuel rods if they were in their normal position. [...] But it suspects the meltdown created a hole or holes in the bottom of the reactor causing water to leak into the containment vessel.

Unit No. 1 is now “in a state of meltdown” — Suspects there are holes in bottom of reactor

I starting a breaking news thread for this news. Unit No. 1 is now “in a state of meltdown”
edit on 12-5-2011 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Here is a link to my latest "Airborne Radiation" update on Fukushima Daiichi on the Cybermacro website. If you scroll to the bottom of the page you will see all of the confirmed news stories so far on this reactor 1 meltdown:

www.cybermacro.com...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
one one of the links,,

In fact, the radioactive core doesn't-in any location-go to China but it descends to the water table underlying a plant. Then, in a violent reaction, molten core and cold water combine, creating steam explosions and releasing a plume of radioactive poisons.

scary stuff!!!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by slayerfan

That's right about the water table. At the respected website www.fairewinds.com... the independent nuclear engineer Arnie Gundersen has a video detailing his concerns a few days ago about groundwater penetration underneath the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear site. In that same video, Arnie reports the disturbing news that radioactive sewage was detected outside of the Fukushima exclusion zone. It was not known how that sewage was contaminated. The noted theoretical physicist Michio Kaku, PhD, may have said it best when he recently predicted that Fukushima Daiichi was (and is) "in free fall."

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Bottom line is tons of highly radioactive elements which need "state of the art technology" to be even close to safe have been largely unattended for some time now. Elements which must be cooled to not melt into a self heating molten puddle of radioactivity. Given just what I have seen and know about this,like the roof top cooling pools of spent fuel blown to bits and completely uncontrolled and damaged cores bleeding radiation and now admittedly melted down. I gotta wonder what the BEST CASE SCENARIO IS NOW!
Radiation is good for you?
A lot of arguing over the impact of the Deepwater disaster. I wonder who will argue this is not really 4 "Chernobyls"? I am down wind in the PNW. I know I and my family,friends and this whole coast is farked and I will see elevated cancer in the next few years as my best case scenario. The worst ,well put it this way, a lot of us ain't gonna have much to say in the next 18months.
seed

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

I posted the fallout map of Chernobyl, not Fukushima. You're calling every fallout map a hoax.
Truth is, radiation is reaching everywhere. That's not a hoax, that's reality..

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
reply to post by CranialSponge

No, I understand the decay rates, I get that, what I am saying is that the map is showing large quantities of Xe133 hitting North America, much larger than C-137 or I-131. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, I just do not understand why the smallest half life isotope is the highest concentration.

Pred...

To be honest, I don't know either.

Perhaps Xe-133 is released in larger quantities than the other isotopes ? It's either that or NILU has the incorrect data and/or are exaggerating the Xe-133 quantity amounts.

However, I do recall a nuclear expert (wish I could remember who it was) talking about Chernobyl a while back and how they were able to determine that the explosion there was actually an atomic one and not a hydrogen one because of the very large quantities of Xe-133 and Xe-133m measured at the time.

So maybe it only happens once meltdown/atomic explosion occurs... prior to that, it's just the other isotopes being released ? Which might explain certain isotopes being kicked out in higher volumes at different times, depending on what sort of atomic reaction is going on... ?

I have no idea.
But it's food for thought.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

www.youtube.com... Yes this is really bad news.

Lorene22

<< 1  2  3   >>

join