It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukishima Reactor fuel rods in complete meltdown

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
They have been in full melt down the whole time, they are just confirming it now because they got close enough to figure it out.

The radiation that has made it here is from the meltdown, unless there is an explosion it shouldn't get much worse. Don't panic just be cautious. I will have the milk in Calgary tested at the university to see the levels of radiation to see how bad it is, but it should still be minuscule. It has 5000 miles to go, that's quite a bit.

Just hope there is no explosions, the things will get bad. Until then watch and keep an eye on the situation.

Pred...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bdizzl3
If there was a disaster on scale with Chernobyl, would that have implications from the jet stream on the West coast of the US?

Any theories?

Well considering the radiation disaster level they gave it, it is at par or above that of Chernobyl.

Here is a picture of what is floating around the world as of today.

I would recommend saving this link to your favorites.

edit on 12-5-2011 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by greeny122229

Chernobyl times 100. This is bad news, my friend.
Light a candle for those folks in Japan.

I will. Don't forget the animals and Mother earth itself and all the Nature that is going to be effected.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
It won't get covered by US mainstream media.

The US media has moved on from this story three weeks ago.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Here's another article. Pretty much in line with the Bloomberg article referenced above.

New water leaks at Japan's nuclear plant

edit on 12-5-2011 by nerdyclutzyblonde because: Hoping the link fix worked.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

I don't get that map. Xe 133 has a half life of only 5 days and then it becomes cesium 133 which is a stable and non radioactive isotope of cesium so non threatening.

It must be blasted up into the jet stream to get here in less than 8 or so days and I have seen no explosions. So the levels are minuscule, and minute.

Don't panic, I know a few nuclear physicists and they are not.

Ever see that t-shirt "I'm a bomb expert, so if you see me running try an keep up"? Same sort of thing.

Pred...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Originally posted by Bdizzl3
If there was a disaster on scale with Chernobyl, would that have implications from the jet stream on the West coast of the US?

Any theories?

this is much bigger than Chernobyl

and yes

We are all in the presence of radiation now,

stop drinking milk

and many other things

My question is for TEPCO;

So in other words; stop eating healthy foods?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
reply to post by iamhobo

I don't get that map. Xe 133 has a half life of only 5 days and then it becomes cesium 133 which is a stable and non radioactive isotope of cesium so non threatening.

It must be blasted up into the jet stream to get here in less than 8 or so days and I have seen no explosions. So the levels are minuscule, and minute.

I think you missed the part about it being a half life of five days...

FYI: It only takes the jetstream a few days to travel from Japan to the west coast

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I have been thinking about the event since nuclear complications surfaced. Today, at last., I realized that perhaps the last thing tepco wants is to stop the reactions. Think of the heat of a continued reaction as being the equivalent of a long waterpipe that takes all that poisoned seawater far out to sea...I remember when phage said that since the poisons coming from the plants are well below the 30,000 foot high (and fast moving) jetstream, that the radioactive clouds simply dissipate before getting over here (in this case we mean the states). Phage was explaining that since there were no explosions, that the clouds would stay well below the jetstream. But I am thinking that the heat simply carries the death cloud up up and away and acts like a high smokestack which lifts the garbage away from japan and dissipates it over the rest of the world. The hotter, the better. Should ever the reactions cease is probably when japan will have worries, since the heat furnace/evacuation current will be stopped and all that radioactive fuel will be sitting like a soggy turd needing removal/storage/handling etc.... Would it not be better for Japan, and tepco, to simply keep the reactions going so they can shovel as much of the dread waste material in to the chimney stack (heat plume) as possible? I guess that's why I'm not president. See how long it took for me to come up with this motive?

I know it sounds sick, but this may explain Japan's true intentions. The more of the mess they can just burn, the less they have of it laying around.

I have never felt as if the rain needed to be rinsed away from the surfaces with hose water, as I do now. It feels like there are millions of small glassy sounding particles between your soles and the ground, after every rain.

edit on 12-5-2011 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

No, I know about the jet stream. I also know it is nowhere near ground level and would need some sort of force to get these radioactive particles into it, which we have not had yet. Chernobyl spread because of the initial explosion, and while we had initial explosions they have ceased now. So if there is no force projecting these particles that high then the jet stream is out of the question, leaving us with wind currents. The wind currents, while strong, cannot get here in 5 days from japan, as we saw with the initial blast of radiation we received from over there, which took I believe 11 days.

So, in 11 or so days we have had, half of half of original particles left which should be barely noticeable, and that's not taking into account distance in the matter. Also, this particle, Xe-133 becomes a non radioactive isotope of cesium, taking away any worry about it.

I just think the map is a bit of fear mongering...

Pred...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I am guessing that the best solution would be to have the Tepco share holders staff and management, along with the Japanese government meet at FukUsHima and then have someone nuke the place. Would not such a solution stop the meltdown and prevent future longer term problems with the site.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

What do you think about almond milk? Is it a safe alternative????

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
It means that they stupid ass people over seeing this thing are incompetent.

It would also mean that the rods are not under any sort of control and that they are unable to
to combat the situation with water apparently. Which in turn means that the fricking radiation
is exposed to the air, which will discharge radiation and irradiate other particles which will spread
all over the place in order to; give men three nuts, babies two heads, ladies five boobs and cows glow in
the dark milk. Plus lots of bad stuff too

$#@$@#!!

edit on 12-5-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

You really don't understand how radiation works do you.

Get educated.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

I don't mean to sound rude in any way but your assessment of the whole situation is not accurate at all. Radioactive particles have made there way here in a BIG way. It is not being truthfully reported by any means. The Fukushima disaster is equivalent to 3 Chernobyl incidents and it can get even worse if more gets out of control. You are only talking about the non-radioactive particles, but what about the MOX fuel that got injected into the jet stream, water and wind currents? Look up the half life of Plutonium and all the other stuff. Also, don't forget that the government RAISED the allowable levels of "safe" radiation. We are not getting any new info and they have stopped testing for radiation in milk, fish...etc. etc.

European countries are reporting radioactive particles because they ARE testing for it. Europe is far from Japan.
Boise got hammered! Western US got hammered...many more places that they are not talking about...

I know that probably you want to make yourself feel better about the whole situation, but don't tell people here on ATS that everything is fine. It is not fine and the situation is VERY bad.

For anyone who is interested in helping themselves:

-Stop eating/drinking ANYTHING dairy
-Don't eat seafood
-Don't eat leafy greens such as spinach..etc.
-Start detoxing your body with healthy foods (Wheatgrass juice, detox clays..etc.)
-Get water purifiers
-Stay out of the direct rain (shower afterwards if in the rain, park your shoes when you walk into your home, hang umbrellas and coats in separate area...etc)
-And MOST important of all...start storing food that lasts a long time. Learn how to preserve foods.

Also, check out what Arnie Gundersen says about Fukushima (He's a nuclear engineer):
www.fairewinds.com...
edit on 12-5-2011 by TETRA.X because: Added url.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
reply to post by Janky Red

What do you think about almond milk? Is it a safe alternative????

Not if you have a nut allergy........

PDUK

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

Almond milk is what I have. It's a better alternative but still not the best. The US started irradiating almonds a few years ago. Raw almonds do not exist in the US anymore. But still...I think it's better alternative than milk...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
This will effect total EA..... just sayen

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Nice to have someone here who predicts things with some rational sense instead of just expecting the worst.

Some people just want the world to end! Go home!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Chernobyl fallout map (scroll down the page a little):
www.firefly-dreaming.com...
edit on 12-5-2011 by TETRA.X because: Added info

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Light a candle for everyone on Earth! If this Cernobalx1000 is true, the radiation would slowly spread all over the planet, increasing the background radiation of the planet, possible to a dangerous level..

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join