It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's joke about moats and alligators for border security

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist
startelegram.typepad.com...

Americanist, you should start a thread for this!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

I actually meant that all of those that think the world would come to a halt if the US didn't send it's aid should get over yourselves because the world marches along. It has for ages.

I wasn't talking about runaways country but countries recieving aid in general.

Sure some money leaves the governments and gets to the people but what is pocketed often buys special privileges/passing of laws to extract and export valuble resources that outweigh the amount of aid that was sent. The country that is receiving isn't getting something for nothing.

As for making the money up somewhere else let's look at Mexico. Sorry but old numbers from wikipedia.

Mexico
GDP $1.629 trillion
Per capita $15,113

Aid sent by the US $465.5 Million
Per capita $4.15

That's about .02%. That is like having a hundred dollars in your pocket and loosing 2 cents. Are you really gonna miss it? Will it make you or break you? Probably not.

Now to be fair Mexico is a capitalist country so not everyone gets equal amounts. Much like their neighbour to the north a few own most and what's left over gets split among the rest. Some due to choices, accidents, bad luck or whatever are living in really bad conditions. These are the ones whos pictures get taken so they can run a guilt trip on you.
edit on 12-5-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Do you really think someone who has the best security that money can buy can buy worries about border security? The Mexicans are just low payed and hard working assets for the corporatists who are only interested in the bottom line, eventually obliterating the goose which laid the golden egg. The only thing that will save the USA is a rebirth of manufacturing.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Runaway1977

OH NO! I guess you really told me, huh? Did it make you feel any better showing us just how ignorant you are?
I was not going to send you cookies, silly.
It is tissues and tampons that you seem to be in dire need of my friend.

Instead of talking about how stupid, fat and lazy you think Americans are, maybe you should try and work on your own faults.
Do not blame America for all of your problems. In truth many here feel as you do. The American people do shoulder some of the blame though. We have let our government grow out of control. But hopfully we, as a whole, can come together to fix that problem. I hope you can understand that you are blaming the people of America for "your lands" situation, or that is how you are coming across at least. But please, take a moment to consider that our government does not represent its people as it once did.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Heh.

They moved more state troopers to the border, but that did nothing but raise the revenue for the DPS due to more people being pulled over for traffic violations.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

Oh wah wah wah.

Can't you people see that if the NAU is implemented, borders will become obsolete?

It's so obvious that our elected officials believe that it is already in place, hence their lax attitude towards border protection!

Yes, of course, this is why they are not doing it.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Mexico does have lots of resources: gold, oil, agriculture. But they pay their workers lower wages than we do, so although undocumented workers of Mexican origin have access to all the same jobs there that they work in the states they get paid higher here. Landscape, construction, mining, they have all those jobs at home but get paid higher in the States. All that crying and whining that they just want to work is bs. They just want higher wages and can't make their own govt treat them well.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium

OH NO! I guess you really told me, huh? Did it make you feel any better showing us just how ignorant you are?
I was not going to send you cookies, silly.
It is tissues and tampons that you seem to be in dire need of my friend.

Brilliant. I will be sure to send some educators in return.

Instead of talking about how stupid, fat and lazy you think Americans are, maybe you should try and work on your own faults.

Which are...?

Do not blame America for all of your problems.

Never have. I am not sure how you see anything I have written as doing that now. Just because we do not need you here does not mean anyone is blaming anyone for all of anything. Reading can be a challenge.

In truth many here feel as you do. The American people do shoulder some of the blame though. We have let our government grow out of control. But hopfully we, as a whole, can come together to fix that problem.

So you have your own problems to work out all while proclaiming I am blaming America for my problems simply because I suggested America worry about America instead of imperialism? You seem conflicted right down the line and I am actually no longer certain how any of this pertains to the topic.

I hope you can understand that you are blaming the people of America for "your lands" situation, or that is how you are coming across at least.

What are you reading? What "situation?" Our "situation" is just fine. We would just be that much finer without your unwanted influence. I would only blame us for our "situation" and I do. I take credit for us being as great as we are. I blame Americans for thing Americans do. There is a distinct difference.

But please, take a moment to consider that our government does not represent its people as it once did.

So am I responding to the government or am I responding to you? It seems to me you are making up things and then combating them all while then tossing the blame for both onto someone else.

Face it. Your country was built on lies, cheating, racism, and criminal behavior. To claim Obama invented that when your founders owned slaves and your current administration allows torture is quite laughable. Then to offer up your mostly Chinese made Tampons as a gift while you sit and cry because someone dared mention your country might not be any more perfect than anyone else is the ultimate icing on the cake.

I will ask again if you have any clue why your northern border which is far larger and far more open is not overrun with Canadians if the USA is so amazing? The best thing you can do for yourselves is stop pretending you are god's gift to the planet and take some introspective time to address the true issues of the day.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

That isn't entirely true but it isn't altogether wrong. Look at the US it has three times the money per capita than Mexico but you still have unemployment. Some people are still getting financial aid. Why is that? The haves have more. It's the same all over the world. Wealth disparity.

Now how is opting for the better paying job bs? Besides they're also crying that foreigners are taking their jobs.

Dey took er trabajos! Actually in spanish but it reads about the same as some reports in the US.

Now, there are times when aid is needed on the spot. In case of disasters and such but other than that Mexico doesn't need the aid. The American citizen doesn't think they should be giving the aid but it happens anyway. Maybe because the Aid is nothing more than grease for the palms of local politicians.
edit on 13-5-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Welcome Back!!! That didn't take long to jump right back in where you left off.

National security is no joke and I love how the spin doctors always come to Obama's defense AFTER he sticks his foot in his mouth. I wish I could just write off some of my comments over the years as just a joke. Oh, I was just joking. ha ha ha ha. That defense does not work once the damage is done.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The drug problem is our fault.
Illegal immigration is our fault.
A large portion of Mexican poverty is our fault (twice over: the robber barons in the late 1800s and early 1900s and once again with NAFTA).

So, while we whine and complain that there is violence and drugs on the border, shall we not forget that the vast majority of the violence....I repeat: VAST majority of it, is on the south side of the border while the VAST majority of the blame lies somewhere between corporate farms in the Central Valley of CA or meat packing plants in the Midwest and at the doorstep of the architects and proponents of the drug war (who probably also have landscaping staff and nannies who are illegal to boot).

Shame on Obama for not recognizing the root causes of illegal immigration, shame on the democrats for being two-faced when it comes to the plight of the third world and very much kowtowing to corporate money even as they grin and grit their teeth and let out a wishy-washy, disingenuous, watered-down plea for universal civil rights.

Hahahahaha, a mote to stop those crafty Mexicans. Hehehehe, but they are our 21st century version of slaves...the "massah" just outsourced the slave quarters to them through the pathetic, under-the-table salary that they receive...benefits? We won't deport you if you don't complain about your working conditions.

No, it's really funny because if a mote, a wall, or preditor drones ever did stop the flow of Mexicans, "real" Americans would understand the true Orwellian meaning of "Right to work" state.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Thanks Barack for mocking the legitimate fears of the American people. I suppose you think this is funny too. Let's make a big joke out of this and act like the American people are being silly.

At least 106 U.S. residents were victims of “executions” or “homicides” directly related to drug battles in Mexico in 2010, compared to 79 in 2009 and 35 in 2007, according to the State Department figures.

www.eutimes.net...
edit on 13-5-2011 by Thunder heart woman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

Thanks for the link Thunder heart. Interesting.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

He is an idiot and has gotten away with adolescent comments no other president could get away with. He reminds me of a spoiled, rotten little liberal. Oh, wait! That's what he is.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Obama speaks to the audience he is in front of at the time, telling them what they want to hear..

He is a political animal.

He will do anything and say anything to get reelected.

He cares not for anthing else.

He is just like all the other puppets that have occupied the White House since Kennedy.

Now don't forget the TRUTH about voting...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Obama is just another coward politician. Had he come out and said... "everyone who wants closed borders is wrong... we need open borders" then he'd have less of my disrespect. The fact that he joked about it means nothing though... the more areas a person is willing to joke about the better off they probably are. Its good for ones own mental health to be able to joke about firey topics.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by civilchallenger

That may be the case if one is joking about themselves. Not when joking about others and the beliefs.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium
I did a search but did not see this posted so here goes......

Rep. Dan Lungren (R-Calif.) on Wednesday night said he is "disappointed" that President Obama chose to mock those who are demanding tighter border security in his Tuesday speech in El Paso. Obama angered many by ridiculing demands for beefed up border protection, at a time when law officers and citizens in southwestern states have been injured or killed by drug violence that has leaked over the border from Mexico.
"Maybe they'll need a moat," Obama said. "Maybe they want alligators in the moat. They'll never be satisfied."

thehill.com...
Next week, when it is time to raise the dept ceiling, I bet he will be crying for bipartisanship. Yet he refuses to show any when we have U.S. Law enfocement and citizens dieing at our own borders.
It's past time that people like this dry their eyes and bandage their bleeding hearts. WE THE PEOPLE can not save the world but we can save our country.
Read the article,
Quad

Well, technically it will be easier to save the world than the US, lets face it, you are screwed with the government you have. Obama doesn't want to tighten border security, nor he wants to retreat the US troops from the mid west, He doesn't want to make the US a better place, nor any of TPTB
edit on 13/5/2011 by mbartelsm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Obama is saying this because despite him deporting record numbers of illegal the number of illegal entering this country is lower then at any point under the bush years. He's talking about no matter what he does people are going to bitch and complain.

Maybe after the last president we became so used to incompetence that when we see a leader who knows what he's doing we just complain about it cuz there's no way a president can actually do any good.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mbartelsm
Obama doesn't want to tighten border security, nor he wants to retreat the US troops

Good point.

But is it that he doesn't want to or that he isn't allowed to?

Or maybe he knows open borders is a done deal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join