It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's joke about moats and alligators for border security

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Sorry rockpuck,
I decided to delete my post on immigrant benifits. It was rather off topic and I think it will make a great thread once I do a little research. I believe that when I am done it will tie in nicly with some of my other threads on the double standards in this country and those that benifit from it.
Shucks, I might even make Miesor proud when I am done

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
In my honest opinion, the only reason he is pushing reform is for the votes democrats will receive if the illegals are made legal.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
A few years ago we were in El Paso - hubby business.

I stayed at the hotel (large USA chain) and they had a van/shuttle - so I decided to go to the mall.

The driver spoke NOT ONE word of english. He came over the border every day to work for a US company - then back over the border each night. This large chain hired a Foreigh INSTEAD of an American to work each day.

I speak just enough Spanish that I was able to talk to this driver. If I didn't speak Spanish I would have been out of luck. I guess he understood enough English locations to get his passengers to their locations.....

Have you ever seen the bridge? Have you ever seen the amount of Day-Workers that cross each day?

Makes you wonder how many pay taxes? Are they able to use our health care? What benifits do these American Companies offer to Day-Workers?

Just Sayin'

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Obama is clueless about border security...
we should let him dig his moat fill it with alligators...
then while he's posing for the photographers.... we should chuck him in!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I think a lot of people would be fine with a moat full of alligators. It would actually work in some areas. Congressman Joe Walsh (R-IL) wrote a letter to Obama that said “If it takes moats and alligators to secure our borders to get you to be serious – I’m game.”

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by Quadrivium

Oh wah wah wah.

Can't you people see that if the NAU is implemented, borders will become obsolete?

It's so obvious that our elected officials believe that it is already in place, hence their lax attitude towards border protection!

You wouldnt be saying "wah wah wah" if it was your family members being killed, or your family land that was being taken over by cartels.........

Or if you had to live in fear of them taking one of your family members for ransom......

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Open borders is no surprise to me anymore. Obama in particular and Democrats in general need the illegal alien vote in order to keep their jobs after the coming election. Currently you only have to SIGN AN AFFIDAVIT THAT YOU ARE A CITIZEN before you can vote. Arizona had a law that you HAD TO PROVE YOU WERE A CITIZEN BEFORE YOU COULD VOTE, but not surprisingly it was struck down by Democrat judges.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Obama on Immigration reform in July 2008

"We can't wait 20 years from now to do it.We can't wait 10 years from now to do it.We need to do it by the end of my first term as President".

Obama has focused more on enhancing border security than reforming immigration policy, and his Latino supporters see right through his speeches and are looking at his actions.

Sarahi Uribe, Immigrant Rights Advocate:

"He's going down in history as a president to deport a record level number of people in 1 year. Over this last year President Obama deported nearly 400,000 people.

So let's not be too surprised at the President's actions. He's going into campaign mode now and he needs the Latino vote so he's going to vilify the Republican party and hope the Latino voters will grow angry with them and not remember that he's done nothing to help them. Obama is just on the stump trying to lure the Latino vote. I honestly don't think there's any other reason for him to visit El Paso, TX. It's not like he has a chance of carrying the state in the 2010 elections.

Here's the AlJazeera report that I grabbed the quotes from.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
reply to post by jibeho

I'm sorry my friend but when I read the last part I could not stop laughing. No insult to you or anything I just find it completely ironic that is was on NBC nightly news that I first heard this.

edit on 5/12/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

Too Funny! Clearly I don't watch NBC evening news. I'm proud of them. Did they write off the statement as a joke or report on the mocking that it was. I'm always prepared for the Obama misspeak defense from certain media outlets.

Cheers and thanks for the laugh.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Except once they are "legal" why would they be Democrats?

Hispanics are generally very family oriented, and most come from Catholic families. I think, in the end .. they'd be more inclined to vote Republican. Assuming they had citizenship. Then again, they'd probably sell out their family values for free handouts from the Government. That any ways seem to be the American thing to do.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Before I get accused... No, I am not really crazy about the way Obama is running things....

That said, it was a JOKE... have you never made a joke? Never poked fun of yourself or others? Never once made fun of politics and what not?

If you say you haven't you are lying....

People can joke about immigration and still do something about it...

Really, loosen up... There is too much bitterness in politics... We all need to loosen up and have some fun.... If we don't THAT will be the cause of this countries demise....

Can't we all just get along?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
sorry but national security is not a joke

illegals running across the border is not a joke

the rape and murder of american citizens is not a joke

the displacement of american workers by illegals is not a joke

the billions being spent on medicaid for illegals is not a joke..

the joke is obama

the joke is pandering for one of the largest voting blocks in america

bah cant stand the idiot in shill.

keeping pushing peoples buttons they push back just like in the election of 2010

keep at and he will seal his fate as a 1 term president.
edit on 12-5-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Sure we can just let the world know how lax the border is and how dumb the president thinks we are because we want tighter borders then all of the taliban, al queda, hell all the damn islamic extremists who want us dead can just become Mexican citizens(it won't be too hard as Mexico don't really care who means us harm as long as they feel there's no threat to them, Mexico has no loyalty to America, beleive that) and sneak across our borders. I feel so very safe.

edit on 12-5-2011 by ldyserenity because: fixed spelling and clarifying

edit on 12-5-2011 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

heh we need our saltys down here we have one huge mote around us and we didn't even need to dig it
they do help keeping most the world at bay

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
It's like the guys in the government are all idiots... No wait, they are idiots. We're being screened by the TSA, we can't even carry nail clippers on the plane and here we are with a wide open border (well almost) facing Mexico.

Where's the logic? I guess the US government couldn't get it's drugs through if the US had more secure borders.

Well they're all too old! Definitely idiots but it's because they're used to a whole other time and their generation is fading. The world doesn't have room for their narrow minded ignorance. We need younger people in congress not a bunch of old farts that are still living "the good ole days". This is a new world and it calls for a reform to a new generation. Once those saggy bags drop off it may be too late but if not. My genneration, NO OUR generation will be in power and the first motion should be to send the soggy bottoms to an island haha jk. But seriously the up and coming generation is the generation that's got it going on. All the world peace talks we have between the younger crowd. some older people get it but no one that has the power to get into congress. Let's face it though, it's mainly the younger crowd. We've been in the Middle East for half my life. So I've practically grown up hearing about war and I'm tired of it. And I KNOW many others are tired of it. The people to blame are the old SOBs that call themselves leaders. Yeah leaders to death. because who's the manpower behind our so called war. My generation. Sorry I am very sensitive when it comes to that subject and I saw an opportunity to rant upon it. Haha I don't even think what I put makes much sense in this thread but I saw a tiny glimpse of what I belief and I had to go off.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
sorry but national security is not a joke

illegals running across the border is not a joke

the rape and murder of american citizens is not a joke

the displacement of american workers by illegals is not a joke

the billions being spent on medicaid for illegals is not a joke..

the joke is obama

the joke is pandering for one of the largest voting blocks in america

bah cant stand the idiot in shill.

keeping pushing peoples buttons they push back just like in the election of 2010

keep at and he will seal his fate as a 1 term president.
edit on 12-5-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

You said it man. He's more worried of a threat from overseas when they arent creating as much trouble as our neighbors down south killing senselessly over drugs. Something so stupid is plaguing our land. In the last couple of years our citizens are getting dragged into it and Obama just says to build a mote. Wow really shows how he gives a s**t about our people. We could crush the true threat down south in 2 ways.

First: take away their main source of their income which is marijuana by federally legalizing it for MEDICAL use. Second: Station the National Guard at the border and dare them to try something.
They seriously fear the US military. They wouldn't dare mess with actual US soldiers. Not trying to be cocky or anything but it's a fact. They're used to dealing with unarmed people well how bout fighting someone armed to the teeth. And who knows they may end up funding terrorists. That's just a crazy blurt but ya never know. entirely possible for them to link together. They would be smart to do that because if a small family can get over here with ease then so can Jihad. Just saying. It can all go hand in hand.

Oh please don't ban me MODs for talking of legalization. I mean it as a war strategy to cut off their money supply. A way to make their drug war funding at least 85% less. Please understand

edit on 12-5-2011 by jeremiah8401 because: had to add something

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

"keep at and he will seal his fate as a 1 term president." -NEO

He already has.

Most know this already, and I am quite sure that you do too.

He wont get re-elected. If he does, that just proves how stupid this country REALLY is.

But i have more faith in my people than that, i know that they see his BS, and I know that when they get to the booth on that day, they are going to scroll right over his name and not tell a soul.
Funny thing is, I thought this would happen before he got elected, but apparantly, some people took him geniuous(I dont know how),but they did.
But now things are different.
NOW, they see who he truly is and what he is all bout, we ALL have.
This is not a guy I look up to and am proud to say "Thats my Leader".
Then again, neither was the last guy, or the guy before that.
So if we do it AGAIN...well..... than we truly deserve whats comming to us America.

"Thats all I have to Say About That"- Gump

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Terrorist? ... Please..

Mexicans during their current war have killed more civilians than all Islamic terrorist acts combined several times over.

I don't fear alquada .... I fear Mexicans.

They moronic Progressive Left turn a blind eye to the devastating violence across the border. Just as they turn a blind eye to the fact that our schools are failing because illegals and their offspring are crowding our classes, causing stress on education and health infrastructure, crime, poverty and competition for scarce jobs.

Proof, imo, Progressives want nothing more than the destruction of our country and our way of life. There is a reason why we have immigration laws .. ORDER.. not chaos.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Before I get accused... No, I am not really crazy about the way Obama is running things....

That said, it was a JOKE... have you never made a joke? Never poked fun of yourself or others? Never once made fun of politics and what not?

If you say you haven't you are lying....

People can joke about immigration and still do something about it...

Really, loosen up... There is too much bitterness in politics... We all need to loosen up and have some fun.... If we don't THAT will be the cause of this countries demise....

Can't we all just get along?

No his joke was practically insulting the victims of the Americans getting killed in our own land. That is not a joking matter and especially should not be coming from the Comedian in Chief. I thought we appointed a man who was supposed to be classy and have respect for American wants and needs. And when I say we I mean we as a whole because I wasn't old enough to vote for that particular election. He's is supposed to look at every option on the table and not dismiss with a quick witted joke. That's not how a leader should act. The leader is only as strong as those he's leading and right now the people he's leading are getting pretty P-ed off on how he dismisses anything someone says unless it's from his own party, but then begs the people he humiliated for help later down the road saying we need to work together. He contradicts everything he says. When his campaign cost more than any in history and we got another coming down the road. So why doesn't he use all that money that's been given to him to run a campaign and give it to something that matters. That would be the best campaign anyone would ever see. Not like he needs to go to every state and talk smack about other runners but instead his actions would be credited as noble. Instead of waisting it making T shirts, buttons, signs, buses, etc. Not like we don't know who he is.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
wow...now there's a genuine example of being a leader of the people...$#%@'in @$$

just another shining reason to not vote obama...my list is getting larger (as if it wasn't big enough as it is)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join