It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Obama's joke about moats and alligators for border security

page: 1
22
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I did a search but did not see this posted so here goes......

Rep. Dan Lungren (R-Calif.) on Wednesday night said he is "disappointed" that President Obama chose to mock those who are demanding tighter border security in his Tuesday speech in El Paso. Obama angered many by ridiculing demands for beefed up border protection, at a time when law officers and citizens in southwestern states have been injured or killed by drug violence that has leaked over the border from Mexico.
"Maybe they'll need a moat," Obama said. "Maybe they want alligators in the moat. They'll never be satisfied."

thehill.com...
Next week, when it is time to raise the dept ceiling, I bet he will be crying for bipartisanship. Yet he refuses to show any when we have U.S. Law enfocement and citizens dieing at our own borders.
It's past time that people like this dry their eyes and bandage their bleeding hearts. WE THE PEOPLE can not save the world but we can save our country.
Read the article,
Quad




posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium
 


"They" referring to .... the American people.



posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
It's like the guys in the government are all idiots... No wait, they are idiots. We're being screened by the TSA, we can't even carry nail clippers on the plane and here we are with a wide open border (well almost) facing Mexico.

Where's the logic? I guess the US government couldn't get it's drugs through if the US had more secure borders.



posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Quadrivium
 


"They" referring to .... the American people.


I'm sure Obama's jokes will subside once he dresses up as the El Paso City Hall building.

startelegram.typepad.com...

He might even learn to tone it down a notch after obvious safety concerns being prevalent parading to a World audience he had Osama killed.

Or not... Cue the drum roll.
edit on 12-5-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)


+1 more 
posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck
 
So mote it be, brother.
I tried. For over a year I really tried to see the American in this man but at every turn he does or says something that is just completly shamefull.
I usually hate election time but I can't wait now!



posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
ya, he's a funny guy.

a real dom delouise, sorry dom!

but what a great frikin idea!!!!


get our aussie bro's to send some salty's!
edit on 12-5-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)


+12 more 
posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks
 


As long as Obama keeps the entitlement and free money programs rolling, idiots will vote for him.

We are out numbered, by people who wish for government to own them, and pay for everything for them.



posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Americanist
 

Thanks for the link Americanist. Kinda hard to believe the bullet went over 1/2 mile, through a 9th floor window, through a wall and ended up in a picture frame. I wonder where they are getting their guns (wink, wink).



posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium
reply to post by Americanist
 

Thanks for the link Americanist. Kinda hard to believe the bullet went over 1/2 mile, through a 9th floor window, through a wall and ended up in a picture frame. I wonder where they are getting their guns (wink, wink).



If I remember correctly, the trail ran cold somewhere around the DOJ.



posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium
 


geeze, they kill and rob police armories and stations. kill mexican millitary, have more money than the mexican gov.


dude! they get tons of stuff from everywhere.

you believe prez maricon that they get arms only from the US?



posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by Quadrivium
 


geeze, they kill and rob police armories and stations. kill mexican millitary, have more money than the mexican gov.


dude! they get tons of stuff from everywhere.

you believe prez maricon that they get arms only from the US?


Only from the US?....... No. But many do come from the US. Drugs and guns go hand in hand. Drugs smuggled in and guns smuggled out. currentsnews2011.blogspot.com...



posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Anyone interested in reading the entire speech, I found it here......... obsthisland.blogspot.com...



posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium
 


Oh wah wah wah.

Can't you people see that if the NAU is implemented, borders will become obsolete?

It's so obvious that our elected officials believe that it is already in place, hence their lax attitude towards border protection!



posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by Quadrivium
 


Oh wah wah wah.

Can't you people see that if the NAU is implemented, borders will become obsolete?

It's so obvious that our elected officials believe that it is already in place, hence their lax attitude towards border protection!

I thought the NAU was supposed to be put in place before 2010?
They may want it, as you say, but it will cost many American lives before it can be enacted.



posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
At least I was not the only one completely outraged when I first read this.

What kind of President mocks the legitimate fears of the people he is supposed to represent? It is his job to protect the borders yet he finds it a perfect time to mock millions of Americans who only demand that the law be enforced. I have never before heard of a President mocking the American people in such a way but there will always be the partisan hacks running out to defend him and his despicable words.

Would Dwight Eisenhower, John Kennedy, or Ronald Reagan mock any Americans for their fears? I never heard it done before so this is a first. Not even the idiot George W. mocked Americans like this.

Maybe I should be damned for demanding the laws be enforced. Maybe it is too much for me to ask that he enforce the legitimate constitutional authority of government when he is off expanding government further and further away from the legitimate constitutional authorities appropriated to it.



posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I guess the POTUS thinks drugs, murder and breaking the law are funny. Then again the FLOTUS thinks "poems" about cop killing and burning the former president is cool... Doesn't it kinda seem racist?
edit on 12-5-2011 by JJDoggie84 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
At least I was not the only one completely outraged when I first read this.

What kind of President mocks the legitimate fears of the people he is supposed to represent? It is his job to protect the borders yet he finds it a perfect time to mock millions of Americans who only demand that the law be enforced. I have never before heard of a President mocking the American people in such a way but there will always be the partisan hacks running out to defend him and his despicable words.

Would Dwight Eisenhower, John Kennedy, or Ronald Reagan mock any Americans for their fears? I never heard it done before so this is a first. Not even the idiot George W. mocked Americans like this.

Maybe I should be damned for demanding the laws be enforced. Maybe it is too much for me to ask that he enforce the legitimate constitutional authority of government when he is off expanding government further and further away from the legitimate constitutional authorities appropriated to it.


Nicely stated. I was also dumbfounded when I read this. This is not the first time Obama has intentionally mocked and ridiculed a group that disagrees with him and his agenda. I vividly remember his public mocking of tea party members and his constant mocking of people who do not believe his official life story whether these folks are "birthers" or merely those who seek to find the truth when there is evidence leading the way to the truth.

This man is not cut out for his role and clearly only represents a small percentage of this nation. Those who gave him the benefit of the doubt back in 2008 have been burned and will not get burned again.

Gotta keep information like this up front because you won't hear it on NBC Nightly News.



posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho
 


I'm sorry my friend but when I read the last part I could not stop laughing. No insult to you or anything I just find it completely ironic that is was on NBC nightly news that I first heard this.

edit on 5/12/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

edit on 12-5-2011 by Quadrivium because: Off topic: foot in mouth decease




posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium
 


Not to mention that the vast.. absolute vast majority of those immigrants starting high-tech firms are highly educated legal immigrants from China, India, Japan, Korea etc as well as Europe. Asian immigration (legal) was on par with Hispanic immigration. Difference is Hispanics take our low wage jobs, and destroy competition in skilled labor.

But indeed you are correct.. if Americans had the same advantage as our educated Asian counterparts .. like say.. a DECENT EDUCATION ..

But I digress..




top topics



 
22
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join