It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alert Cyber war!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Looks like the terrorists are pissed off and might bee attacking our online networks. P.S.N. or playstation network got hacked three times and I just got word that Facebook was hacked to! People say that they are now threatening to hack X Box live. It appears that who ever is trying these "cyber attacks" are after major networking corporations like face book and online gaming networks. Thought it would be a good idea to warn everyone about this. Be on alert when online and don't put personal information on public networking sites like these.
edit on 12-5-2011 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps title

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
What!? I need some of what your having, I must be getting ripped off.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

edit on 12-5-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Okay.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I thought nuclear weapons hacking was going on.....

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
so,....
In this...war.
How many have died?
Hmmm seems like a good war to me then.
Carry on with the plan of the day, many terrabites will pay the ultimate price, but in the end we will have our freedom!!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I can confirm Facebook has been hacked.

If anyone posts on your wall, with a quite rude and obscene post, for the love of god don't click remove this app!!! It does the exact same thing to everyone on your friends list.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Only heard PSN got hacked twice. Shame, i just got 34.50 ratio in Stink Fish.

reply to post by SnedsDawg

Yeah, it's apparently been fixed now. And from what i can tell, it only appeared to be on your wall - i couldn't find them when I went to my wall manually. Anyone know how long this lasted?
edit on 12/5/2011 by BombDefined because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by paranormal78

terrorist .. no
hackers .. mostly no
mischievous computer users ... yes

the "hacker group" Anonymous is claimed/blamed for most of these attacks. Anonymous is not a group, its mostly a loose community from imageboards like 4chan and other chan sites. Few in these communities have any hacking skills. the imageboards and irc channels and other chatrooms and message boards are how they communicate who and why to target. most discussion on the imageboards do not revolve around hacking it more like angsty teens and young adults arguing at eachother. some very basic applications that do denial of service attacks on websites are provided that usually just slow or crash the target website. there are few hackers that do more serious stuff associated with these communities such as the paypal attacks and hbgary email leaks other wikileaks, etc.

now if you talking about viruses and ad/spy/malware i say look towards russia, china, and n korea. i'm a systems administrator by trade and i see this all the time, malware that poses as antivirus or is bundled with media like videos, wallpapers, and screensavers. at the extreme they want you to get infected and give your credit card info to purchase full versions of their junk application which will not fix anything but cost you money and privacy. that money and privacy usually makes it overseas. the malware can also be bundled with other badstuff which turns you pc into bot which can be used to do anything from denial of service attacks to sending out email spam. most of these are silent processes so if your antivirus doesn't detect it it would be hard to tell what info or actions it is sending or doing.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
The hacking of the gaming networks could actually be a blessing in disguise. Gamers will have to get off their butts and interact with the rest of us lifeforms in the real world. It'll be a shocking experiance.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
terrorists? they're scaring people by leaving rude messages and stopping people playing computer games...

Somtimes I'm left speachless, how is that terrorism?!?!?!?!!!

Prank, yes. Joke, maybe. Criminal mischief, certainly. terrorism, yeah right.

seriously, practically everything is terrorism these day's. I'm just waiting for the day that I get called a terrorist for jay walking!

if you HAVE to call them somthing overly dramatic at least call them freedom fighters.
edit on 12-5-2011 by monkofmimir because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

I must take exception with your term of freedom fighters. If they kill innocent people going about their daily business, they’re terrorists. Yep, the US does fit this profile but at least tries to keep collateral damage to a minimum, though a dead innocent is still dead. Often, our hammer is entirely too large for the job.

Freedom fighters take direct action against another armed force. I don’t like the Taliban nor will I ever buy into their ideology, but I respect them as a foe. They do practice terror tactics, sometimes deadly, mostly through intimidation, but quite often, they go head to head with our Armed Forces, mostly to their misfortune.

Other than that, I agree with you completely.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

paranormal78's post simply states those responsible as terrorists.

without a definitive description of the group behind these potential attacks they can only be judged by the actions mention in paranormal78's post, which are dealing no direct harm to anyone and while it would be excessive to call them freedom fighters these are actions are closer to that label than terrorist.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I was implying that I am seeing a pattern here of who is getting hacked. Mostly major networking sights and gaming networks. It looks like stuff terrorists would be set out to attack first if they were to start hacking the public networks. I guess this is just the beginning. We will see what happens in the future regarding this subject. Its just suspicious that shortly after Osama's death, forgive me for bringing that up as people have everywhere a million times, all these hacks started up. But it looks like we are in the clear. Not to many hackers bother to mess with websites like A.T.S.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by paranormal78

You could be right. I have often stated as others have, that terrorists will go after soft targets first. There is such a thing as econimic warfare after all. Sony was hacked before OBL's death though. But it could very well be a feint, to see what the reaction is. That way, when they instigate their main thrust, they will have options with which to respond.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Sorry I thought it was right after osamas death. And for another warning to everyone there is a virus spreading that if you get a picture of osamas hanging it can crash your computer. All these hacks must be connected in some way or it's just other people joining in on this hacking spree for some reason. Let me know if there is anymore developments in this subject. I thought it would be good to warn as many people as I can starting here on A.T.S. It's a good way of preventing hacks on more computers.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
It looks like Microsoft was hacked. I don't think it was to serious but allot of their downloadable applications have been infected with mail ware viruses. Just remember to run an anti mail ware scan on anything you download from them.

new topics

top topics

join