It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you feel this way?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

Stop.

Take a look at what you have chosen to surround yourself with. Take a look at what you have embraced. Doom. Disaster. Conspiracy. Lies. You have allowed those things to guide you. If you don't like the feelings and the emotions that come with that choice, choose a different perspective.

It really is true that misery loves company. For the most part, we see empathy as a good thing but it does have its bad side. We tend to reflect the emotions and feelings of those that surround us even if we can't agree on what is making us so feel happy or miserable. Punching a wall or screaming into a pillow while all alone doesn't help either. Punching a wall in frustration only leads to more pain which only increases the frustration. Screaming into that pillow only reinforces the bad feeling.

I work in a health related field. I had a patient whose words made me stop and think. He said that the best thing that happened to him is that when he got his diagnosis is that he realized that he had a choice. He could live his life like it was going to be his last day on earth or he could live his life believing that their was a tomorrow. He chose the latter while understanding the possible reality of the former. He appreciated every day he was given while imagining what the next day would bring.

I hate sounding so Pollyanna in a place like this. But, I do want remind you that good things happen every day. People are good even if life is hard. If you extend your hand in honesty and hope, somebody in need is sure to take it. And when the day arrives that you extend your hand in honesty and need, somebody will be there for you.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

the answer to life the universe and everything

just copy and paste and google... you will get your answer

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Dear EvolEric

Thanks for the smile without even doing that the answer is 49 I saw the good one the original but sometimes it just do the job.

I am trying this for therapy www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I just dont want these negative feelings lingering in my brain you know?im an energetic and outgoing person,ive had a VERY rough past but ive managed to defeat my demons and move forward,maybe its too much negativity here on ats,maybe ill stay away for a few days,all i know is something out of my control is wreaking havoc on my psyche..

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Dear VicDiaz89

I spend every day volunteering in an orphanage for children living with HIV/AIDS; the priests there actually give life where just about all hope was gone.

These children want desperately to live and live pain free and in the main for most this is achieved, however on days like to day I just wonder if we are doing them any favors.

Now before some one starts on me as they have in the past I would never pass this along to them.

Even with all the goody feelings this world is full of pain and getting worse for more than it is getting better.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269

Dear EvolEric

Thanks for the smile without even doing that the answer is 49 I saw the good one the original but sometimes it just do the job.

I am trying this for therapy www.youtube.com...

ahem 42....

Its 42 Not 49

I'm on Dial up Internet... cant check out the youtube video

edit on 5/12/11 by EvolEric because: Don't Panic! And Bring Your Towel

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Dear EvolEric

Oh no I have thought it was 49 all these years one wonder I fell so pisst today. If in fact it is 42 it make all the difference.

Try this www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I know exactly what you mean. It's not a feeling of suicidal thoughts, it's a feeling of something really bad happening just around the corner. It's what I started to feel yesterday for no reason. A feeling of impending doom or something. I too had the feeling last night of, "what's the point of life anymore." But not to where I felt like ending it. It's not a depression feeling, it's just a feeling of "what is going on in my head?" I woke up this morning so "strung out" feeling that my son wondered what was wrong. I felt as if I'd drank 10 cups of coffee, an anxious, anticipating feeling. I have no reason to feel this way, it just came out of the blue. It's the feeling you get when you're really anxious about something, like a first date, or a big test is tomorrow, or you think someone is right outside your house and it's 1:00 in the morning, that weird kind of flight of fight feeling. As I write this, I feel like I could just jump up and scream just to release the anxiety. It makes no sense whatsoever.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
hahahah noway

top topics

<< 1   >>

join