It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation from Japan affecting dairies in Hawaii

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Big Island Dairy Farmers fight radiation with Boron

Dear Milk Share Members,
Our goal to offer high quality safe food to our community has recently been challenged in the reality of the radioactivity being released into our environment. In the past weeks radioactive levels have increased in Hawaii, with high spikes and a more current leveling off of radiation levels. Milk from the large dairies in Hamakua and Hawi has shown elevated levels of radiation, from 400 to 2400 times the recognized safe levels.

Not good.

This was back at the end of March:

In response to the disaster in Japan, Americans have a lot of questions about possible radiation contamination in the United States. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is endeavoring to answer citizens’ questions as they arise. Some of the more recent questions include:

* What is the standard for Iodine-131 in foods?
* Is there any possibility of milk being contaminated as a result of cows eating contaminated grass or feed crop in the U.S.?
* What will FDA do if grass or feed crop in the US does become contaminated?

According to the FDA, the Derived Intervention Level for Iodine-131 has been set at 170 Bq/kg in foods. The level does not define safe or unsafe, the FDA indicates, but a level at which protective measures are recommended. The FDA says, “This guideline is based on very conservative assumptions regarding the percentage of the diet assumed to be contaminated as well as the amount of food consumed and the length of time an individual consumes contaminated food.”

Guess things have changed.

I also heard on Fox radio the other day (maybe misheard) that they are worried about what the radiation damage will do to U.S. crops. Not sure if they meant Hawaii or further inland. I will try to find more.

edit on 5/12/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Thank god for all those hours i spent playing Fallout.............i been training for this........

2nd line

Mod Note: Adding "2nd line" doesn't make it any less of a 1-liner.
edit on 12-5-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Thank god for all those hours i spent playing Fallout.............i been training for this........

2nd line

You will not respawn.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Nooo not Hawaii it is so beautiful there...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bonified Ween

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

2nd line

You will not respawn.

I'm with ya, Mask.

And there's no respawning in Fallout... only a reload

Seriously though, this is really bad. If it's happening to that degree in Hawaii, you KNOW it's happening on the west coast, as well. To what extent, who knows, but it's there.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
And so it begins...

Using chemicals in a futile attempt to decontaminate radiated soil and water.

Lovely, just lovely.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Not lookin' good.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I have to force myself to pretend the air outside is just fine...
I sit in this room, window open, fan sucking in "fresh air"
Every now and again my thoughts meander to the reality
of the air. I can here the official voices and the nay sayers
pummel me with insult, but it doesn't change the way the night
feels now. I know that good forsaken monstrosity has the
air saturated with slow death lined up for days on the high seas.
the only comfort is the communal, cancerous future my neighbors
will share with my family. There is no one to be angry at, there is no use,
having written off the thought that readings or certainty means a hell of a lot.
Take a swig of that milk, go for and run and suck it all in, for it is the
sort of thing that creates small cracks in and good evening.
edit on 12-5-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Old news, anyone with a brain will know its already effecting everyone in the US..

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavelivanov22
Old news, anyone with a brain will know its already effecting everyone in the US..

Greetings:

Really?

Perhaps you have a shred of evidence of:

1) You are one of those with a brain;

2) What "it" is;

3) Who "everyone" is;

4) Source(s) for any of the above.

BTW, this site may interest the serious student:

America's Being Nuked - Can We Together Stop the Madness Before It's Too Late?

... as well...

Will America's Nuclear Power Plants Fail in an 8.0 Earthquake?

... as well...

Is This the Beginning of the End of Nuclear Power in the U.S.?

Thank you for your time and consideration.

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I have been extra cautious and since the gulf oil spill I have stopped eating most fish and am now trying to stop all dairy products. Thanks BP. Thanks TEPCO. Thanks monsanto. I hardly have anything that feels safe to eat anymore. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

Totally agreed. Thanks for sharing those links and I wish we can end this nuclear madness. If we could come together (we being the good people of the world that wish to look after mother earth) and make nuclear energy illegal or against health regulations. Evil men agreed to and built these nuclear time bombs on purpose, no one with knowledge and light in their hearts could build such an evil device knowing what could one day happen. Let alone all the nuclear waste... where does it go? not far because there is no good way of getting rid of it. I wonder why they haven't sent more waste into space/sun in an effort to remove the poison from the earth. Ha that's a joke just like how they run the world. p.s. barely anyone believes me when I mention the negative effects of this.. the biggest medical cover up(in my opinion) in the world. Whenever I mention radiation in the rain they think, I'm safe and were too far inland to be effected.. ignorance is not my bliss..
edit on 9-6-2011 by GrandArchangel because: spelling errorz

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisCrikey

The idea of becoming a farmer or starting your own community may come to mind like it has mine. Eat organically and avoid junk food. All the answers point towards either your prepared and can afford these coming changes or your not prepared and will be poisoned to death. People are still concerned about getting the new iPhone or ipad. What good is you gadgets when you can't eat them and they can't make more clean food with them. The entire northern hemisphere is in trouble, would moving to the southern hemisphere help even a little or has the entire world been polluted? How do we make clean food or purify our water?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Greetings:

Meanwhile, back to the Fukushima World-Killer Nuke Meltdowns and the [color=limegreen]continuing radiation poising of our land, food and children - 24/7/365.

zorgon, what is your take on this?

Well, I spent three weeks following that Fukushima story doggedly... then in the end I found out three things...

1) Except for a handful of people and those that live in the area... NO ONE CARES...

2) We are still here... 1000's of nuke tests (especially near my home town) medical radiation, space radiation, CME's, cell tower radiation, microwave radiation... etc etc.. and we are STILL HERE.. and world population is increasing exponentially

3) Radiation is good for you

Greetings:

Thank you for your insightful and timely response.

1) We have been attempting to sound the alarm in the many nuke-related threads in our signature, and have come to the same conclusion: NO ONE CARES...

However, having spent the last six weeks on the road in the Hurricane Irene-ravaged areas of North Carolina, we were amazed - no, dumfounded - that [color=limegreen]NOT ONE PERSON we spoke with (including fellow First Responder Volunteer Firepersons) had any clue about Fukushima 24/7/365.

The Captain of the local department said that "there is no problem, or the USGOV/EPA would alert us, and it would be on television, right? (!???!)

Revised Conclusion: The people have been denied the basic information to make informed decisions as to how best "handle" the radiation poisoning nightmare.

2) Never thought that you would not be (there) "here" - after all, who would want to leave that pool? And whatever happens in "here" (there) stays in "here," (there), right mate?

3) You and Ann Coulter make such a great pair...

Glad to be back.

As we have been attempting to bring to light for over six months (!), there exists a world-wide conspiracy in the MSM to deprive the public of the facts regarding the dire consequences of the melt-throughs of the nuclear reactors at Fukushima-Daiichi.

Please listen up, people.

Your life and the lives of your loved ones may very well depend on your access to and use thereof of potentially life-saving information being kept from you by the EPA/USGOV.

The total number of days between Friday, March 11th, 2011 and Tuesday, October 11th, 2011 is 214 days.

The radiation poisoning of our people, food and land has continued unabated - 24/7/365 - for exactly 7 months.

For your edification and enjoyment (bewilderment), a few 'notable' stories that seemed to miss mass circulation and perhaps a peek at what might have been missed on the 6:00 o'clock news...:

Three days into the disaster, this FOR EYES ONLY memo circulated at the NRC.

14 March 2011
NRC ONLY Update – All 3 Reactor Cores Likely Damaged

15 March 2011
Fukushima Daiichi Units Degrading – Zirconium Fire at Reactor 4 SFP – Reactor 2 Possible Reactor Vessel Breach & Ex-Vessel Core Reaction

My goodness gracious! And we thought they (TEPCO/JAPGOV) said they had this "stabilized..." and presumably under control...

At least, that is what they (and the EPA/USGOV) would have you believe.

Fast-forward about six months to more headlines you may have missed in your local media:

21 August 2011
Fukushima Officials Worry New Discovery of Radioactive Beef Will Harm Reputation More After Farmer Confirms Cattle Not Fed Contaminated Rice Straw

21 August 2011
4,000 Potentially Radioactive Cows Without Radioactive Rice Hay May Have Been Shipped from One Farm in Namie-Machi, Fukushima

29 August 2011
Why the Fukushima Disaster Is Worse Than Chernobyl

31 August 2011
France Releases Map of Cesium-137 Deposition Across the Pacific – Shows the US More Contaminated Than Western Japan

[color=limegreen]Will this insanity ever end?

tfw

top topics

join