It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After approving NBC buyout, FCC Commish becomes Comcast lobbyist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
After approving NBC buyout, FCC Commish becomes Comcast lobbyist

Meredith Attwell Baker, one of the two Republican Commissioners at the Federal Communications Commission, plans to step down—and right into a top lobbying job at Comcast-NBC.

The news, reported this afternoon by the Wall Street Journal, The Hill, and Politico, comes after the hugely controversial merger of Comcast and NBC earlier this year. At the time, Baker objected to FCC attempts to impose conditions on the deal and argued that the "complex and significant transaction" could "bring exciting benefits to consumers that outweigh potential harms."

Four months after approving the massive transaction, Attwell Baker will take a top DC lobbying job for the new Comcast-NBC entity, according to reports.

And yet another bribe that will go unpunished. And this is not just the FCC doing this with telecommunications major... it's also in the FDA...with big pharma and the food industry (Monsanto mostly) and the EPA in bed with the oil corporations and the nuke industry.

Is America at the top of the corruption index yet?
edit on 11-5-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Are you surprised? This is the way it has been for decades. Maybe more people will start noticing and wakeup. But what can we do?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by afw2121

I'm starting to worry that enough people won't wake up in time.

It seems like these bastards are getting bolder, like they don't care anymore because there's nothing we can do. I swear to God it seems like it's accelerating by the day....

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Not sure if this is related or not, but it seems Comcast is now blocking thepiratebay.org. Apparently it started 7 hours or more ago?
I can't connect to it but when I go through proXPN it's long nothing's wrong at all.
From what I've read the official word from Comcast is that TPB is down....tell you tell them to check it again via a proxy, then it's silence.
Could this be a the first step towards the USA trying to censor the Internet? Or just Comcast being a bully?

PS: Sorry if this was posted else where, I searched Comcast + Pirate Bay but nothing came out, and since I don't have 20 posts I can't post a topic on it.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

I agree with you. It seems that everything has accelerated this year. Wars everywhere in the Middle East. They say it is for humanitarian assistance but I would say dropping bombs on any other country is an act of war. I know we would not allow it here in the US.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Until the day comes when politicians fear the repercussions of their actions,
and lobbyists and bankers need to be concerned about simply making it home each night,
this will continue.

new topics

top topics

join