It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is Fuel selling at $0.12 per liter?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Yup, you read it right...$0.12

Just seen it on the news reporting .11 cents and had to search to make sure I heard it right.

I just posted a thread ( www.abovetopsecret.com... ) on North American Fuel Prices and then this came on the news.

My search returns this:

www.citehr.com...

In Saudi Arabia (Riyadh), petrol costs $0.12 or about Rs 5 per liter. That's 10 per cent of what it costs in India! Petrol costs are phenomenally cheap in Riyadh, but not the cheapest in the world.

They produce oil, so do we. They pay 11 cents per liter and we pay...you get the picture.

No need for me to go into every reason this makes me see red so I'll just leave it at that.

Further search returns:

www.nationmaster.com...

# 134 Saudi Arabia: 0.39
# 135 Kuwait: 0.34
# 136 Ghana: 0.33
# 137 Indonesia: 0.28
# 138 Venezuela: 0.2
# 139 Iran: 0.08
# 140 Iraq: 0.05
# 141 Turkmenistan: 0.03

So there seems to be a discrepancy but even at .39?

I'm finally lost for words.

edit on 11-5-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Don't believe what you read. The same people will tell you they used to be able to go to a double feature and get a bag of popcorn for 5 cents.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salamandy
Don't believe what you read. The same people will tell you they used to be able to go to a double feature and get a bag of popcorn for 5 cents.

Normally I wouldn't but...

I searched AFTER it was on the news. CTV.

Then the search results lead me to believe it's true. Some travel blogs saying the same thing cinched it for me.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Well... in venezuela gas is around .12 / gallon

hehe

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

well if true i say the people getting oil so cheap are fruitcakes!

Automobiles suck!

link   

Originally posted by Salamandy
Ever hear of things like "inflation"? Look at some of the prices of things in the 40s compared to now:

100 aspirin 76 cents

Philco Refrigerator $239.00

Pork Loin Roast per pound 45 cents

Nylon Hose 20 cents

New Emerson Bedroom Radio 1938 $19.65

Men's Suits from $24.50

Portable electric heater $42.50

Ford Super Deluxe Sedan Coupe $1395

Sealey Mattress $38.00
The price of popcorn at a theatre may not have been 5c at that time, but it must have been pretty close.

Of course none of this has to do with the ridiculous scenario the OP pointed out. We have oil in Alberta for example and we're still paying 1.41. Hooray for strangleholds...
edit on 11/5/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by jude11

Just a question. Who refines their oil? There is the prob. Maybe the cost is the refineries. I guess I'm for socialized gas.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
In Caracas, Venezuela petrol is sold at 3p/$0.05 a liter
cars.uk.msn.com...

Here in England it's now at £1.43 a liter
edit on 11-5-2011 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
in canada esso, shell, gulf and the foreign owned petro-canada (well american owned, since capital group is it's largest shareholder and is HQ'd in los angeles) sell you gas. all american based, or heavily american invested.

do you think that an american company will sell canadians gas cheaper than they would to americans.

if you think yes, then you should wake up from that dream.

edit on 11-5-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wetpaint72
reply to post by jude11

Just a question. Who refines their oil? There is the prob. Maybe the cost is the refineries. I guess I'm for socialized gas.

No... the difference is that in those countries the oil is "sponsored" by the government.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Let's see where this gets us:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Here in Australia we have petrol "Cycles" where certain days of the week are cheaper than others. In Sydney we are paying between $1.40 to $1.50 per litre. The independent service stations may be a few cents cheaper! Big bill when you have a 75 litre tank! But then again I would never trade my Chevrolet powered Holden cars!
edit on 11-5-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Salamandy

it is true...in oil producing nations gas is cheap cheap cheap...y wudn't it be

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

I guess I should have been clearer. What I meant to say with out sarcasm, was that I think using our own supplies wouldn't change anything. The prices then would be controlled soley by our oil companies and our refineries. They manipulation of supply and demand would be without restraint. Without competition from middle eastern countries, supposing we cut them off, would result in even larger record profits.just like everything else in this country.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Fuel is plentyful and cheap, taxes are plentyful and not cheap.'

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Yeah if you didn't know this yet but most of the OPEC countries get cheap oil to stop their citizens from causing a ruckus. The government runs all the oils companies in those countries so they have socialized oil and a lot if considering what they use.

I thought this was the peak oil forum, yet i haven't heard anyone in this thread mention the theory once.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Imagine if you could just order you own gas to be imported/home delievered... What effects would this cause?
edit on 5/12/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by epsilon69
Yeah if you didn't know this yet but most of the OPEC countries get cheap oil to stop their citizens from causing a ruckus.

Well, if it gets much higher, then we may have the same problem over here. lol

Maybe we need to take a lesson?

I thought this was the peak oil forum, yet i haven't heard anyone in this thread mention the theory once.

You could...we're all ears...or eyes anyway.

Thanks

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
They are sitting on their own petrol. Dont worry though. The population pays in another way. The people who make money off of petroleum do not exactly share the wealth.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I really dislike those people....In PA I am paying $4.29 a gallon....They can all go back to wiping their butts with $20's while we are using ours to fill our cars to go to work!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join