It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An accidentally interesting read.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
So I'm at the dollar store picking up some random crap I don't really need, when out of the corner of my eye, I spot a book titled Survival. There were big bold black letters on yellow back ground akin to police line tape. So I said to mysel ...what the heck it's like a dollar, and it may have a dollars worth of information I could use...so I bought it.

Upon further inspection, I see that the subtitle reads..." how a culture of preparedness can save you and your family.". It was written by Lt. Gen. Russel L. Honore', u.s army retired. Published in 2009.

So far, as I only purchased it today and haven't gotten too far, it appears to be some sort of instructional recommendation to FEMA, DHS, military and most branches of government. From mayors, governors, to the president.

It suggest everything from taking down cell towers before hurricanes, establishing all kinds of emergency maps, communication chains of command, dealing with the media, training teachers as emergency help. Suggesting wal-mart, and home depot should be in charge of delivery of emergency supplies...and so on and so on.

It has loads of emergency planning info...but not one piece of information that pertains to average Americans. Other than the fact that I kinda like knowing what they are up to.

It explains a lot when it comes to the possible amped up FEMA efforts lately. It is all laid out in plain English in this book.

The guy who wrote it has great forsite, and being himself from New Orleans, seems very sincere.

So far I have had many ahhhah moments. And surprisingly not the conspiracy I thought it was.

Check it out it might answer some questions for you. If you have any specific questions you would like me to look for in this book, I will. Has anyone else read it? When I'm done I am willing to mail it out to whomever wants to take a look, if you can't find it anywhere. As long as you pass it along when you are done.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wetpaint72

www.semp.us...

Will add links as I find them.

video.answers.com...

edit on 11-5-2011 by Wetpaint72 because: (no reason given)

Amazon has it.if you are interested.
edit on 11-5-2011 by Wetpaint72 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Thanks, I'll pick up a copy of that. Great summer reading

I just prefer hard copies. Kindle is cool and all at least until the juice runs out.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

I applaud your spirit. Thanks for the information and your willingness to share.
2nd

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal
I just prefer hard copies. Kindle is cool and all at least until the juice runs out.

I buy all my reference materials in hard cover and any instructional type material but use my kindle for my addiction to cheap 99 cent post apocalyptic and dystopian reads.

Some are good some are bad all are 99 cents...I keep it as a benchmark.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
SnF

Awesome find there!

I'll have to look around my local dollar store

new topics

top topics

join