It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fort Worth Explosions? Just WTF is going here?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This is an interesting vid. Thank you for posting it. I have watched it a couple of times and want to do more research on transformer explosions. I guess what interest me is the orb that some are calling lens flares. If they are lens flares wouldn't we see them with the other explosions when the camera pans to the left to follow them? Additionally before the light show even started there was a bright white orb over head. It looks as though the lights are being reflected off a metallic surface in the sky, lending it too look like a lens flare. It will be interesting to see what everyone keeps coming up with...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
If it is "ordinary" arcing, then I'd want my money back from distribution company. Such pure wiring I did not saw even in Greece - and there are really electro-punks!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloud333
This is an interesting vid. Thank you for posting it. I have watched it a couple of times and want to do more research on transformer explosions. I guess what interest me is the orb that some are calling lens flares. If they are lens flares wouldn't we see them with the other explosions when the camera pans to the left to follow them? Additionally before the light show even started there was a bright white orb over head. It looks as though the lights are being reflected off a metallic surface in the sky, lending it too look like a lens flare. It will be interesting to see what everyone keeps coming up with...

Notice how the pics with the "orbs" in them have flashes on the ground with high intensity. As if you shined a flash light directly into a lens. If the flashlight is not directed at the lens then you get no lens flare, even when you can see the beam of light it emits.

If you were to be on the ground at the site of the transformers, you would be blind. That's how bright these arcs are. Somebody posted some pics of the orbs in an earlier thread, you can see that when there is an orb, there is a light on the ground that accompanies it.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

What if its a galactic natural disaster? We've only heard about one in Earth's history. What happened to the dinasaurs. What if thats what 2012 is all about?

Who knows maybe its the biggest galactic natural disaster in the history of the milky way?

What would happen if we had another big bang for example? not just comets or a stray planet thats gonna fly straight into orbit around the sun. It all sounds a little forboding don't you think?

And I'm a firm believer in aliens, in my opinion the only reason we wouldn't have had contact is because they don't need anything from us. The only thing they would need would be slaves. But if they're advance enough to enslave us, they're advanced enough to build robots and such that'd do a better job surely?

All we could offer them would be art, and I'm sure they could hack into our databases and take any artwork anime, pictures, designs whatever they wanted. Unless they aren't connected to he internet and are just backed up onto a massive harddrive or something.

I'm curious does anyone know what the effects of another big bang would have? You know like if that giant bighole in the centre of the milky way exploded. I read somewhere that there was matter seen drifting out of it. What happens to a blackhole if it gets fill?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

What if those orbs are minature suns, I remember reading something about that somewhere. What if they actually did it and are trying to harness the energy??

Can anyone take a closer look, with sunglasses on?

I'm super curious now.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I can’t believe that people are still talking about transformers blowing up!!!!!! It’s simple arcing!!!! It’s like doing a search on youtube for “exploding transformer” and seeing hundreds of vids with arcing power lines but only finding one vid with an actual exploding transformer!

For grins and giggles……. Here is that vid……….

A true, honest to god transformer going “BOOM!!!!!!” ......with oil fire after..........

The news people explaining it as such doesn’t help either. I guess if you are talking to a technically incompetent community, you can’t waste the time trying to explain what is really happening. If you do try, they won’t be able to understand anyway. Just tell them something so they will shut up and go away.

I guess I will have to draw a diagram to get it through everyone’s head!!!
(bangs head.........)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Looks like the end of the world party is started, disco and all. Hmmm, now where did I put my disco pants!?!?

On a more serious note, I think it kind of resembles some of the transformer blow outs that Watts posted. Although I didnt notice any lightning strikes, as was mentioned in the OP quotes.

Edit: Looking closely at the original video it looks like electricity arcing. I've never seen so many colours from electricty before though.
edit on 12-5-2011 by SatoriTheory because: Added schtuff.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngelsOnMyShoulder
Watched the video again after finding that artcile.. never saw blue, red and white lightening.. really strange indeed. but that is what the people of Fort Worth were told.. Weird

We've seen PURPLE lightning in the Tampa Bay area numerous times. No kidding purple, like Mace Windu's lightsaber. I looked into multicolored lightning after seeing the purple lightning. It is said that the different amounts of naturally occurring gases in the atmosphere and/or chemicals and other factors can affect the color of lightning.

However, the video shows multicolored explosions in close proximity. I don't see any lightning happening in the area of the explosions. And, not being an electrical or industrial engineer, would imagine that transformers are made somewhat consistently in that they don't explode in dramatically different colors.

Of course, if Fort Worth had somehow come under an attack by some force and/or directed energy weapons, surely the government would come up with a plausible explanation, like exploding transformers. Remember a few months back when that entire city block "exploded" in California, and it was blamed on natural gas...? In the last 8 months or so, a LOT of buildings and homes have exploded. I don't know if there is a connection, but I do feel that "something" is amiss, and that these explosions might be a part of a bigger puzzle to solve.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

...dude, I'm with ya on that one! We have provided more than enough info to put this to rest, yet they keep going.

I give up

....also, there's another thread on this exact same topic, and it's about to catch up to this one. Good luck if you decide to stay and try to herd the cattle.
edit on 5/12/2011 by CastleMadeOfSand because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

I spent my youth working as an Industrial Electrician in Wyoming and as a Roughneck between construction jobs. I've seen Transformer Jugs blow, million volt lines arc and even got to see a corona (blue ball of energy suspended above a high voltage line) zip down a line and off into the distance on a dusty day.

You could have a team of Engineers and highly experienced workers in the field here to explain and many would not buy the explanation. Makes for entertaining threads however.

One of the wildest things I've seen was a Transformer blow about a hundred feet from me during a storm in Ontario, CA while I was attending College near there. Sounded like a bomb going off and produced a blinding white ball of light. It was during a freak hail storm that left two inches of hail on the ground on a warm day.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
HOOLLLYYY CRRRAAPPP

I saw this two nights ago. It was storming and I walked out on my balcony and this is what I saw. Freaked me out. Took a video of it on my iphone (I'll gladly upload it, but I have no idea how). But the paper the next morning said it was just a transformer that had blown due to the storm. Nonetheless, it looked awesome in person.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Seriously guys? It wasn't a transformer, it was some kind of light show is all.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
We had one heck of a storm that night, there was a LOT of lightning activity. The media initially claimed it was lightning striking transformers that caused this which is absurd considering how many pops of light there were, that would be the most bizarre occurrence of selective lightning strikes ever. The utility company (Oncor) gave a more reasonable explanation though, it was some kind of chain reaction of transformer failures caused by a substation getting knocked out. The substation was struck by lightning and sent a huge surge of energy through the lines and THAT was what caused all the transformer failures.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
There's been a ton of solar flares lately. My "3D sun" app created by NASA says to expect a lot of Auroras today.
But i dont think solar flares can cause that..
edit on 12-5-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
All right…… here is a freaking diagram….
files.abovetopsecret.com...
Supply left side. Load right…….

Little insulators that support neutral can only handle 600V. When the neutral line tries to come up to 28,000 volts they arc over at multiple poles as the current goes to earth to go back to the source.

edit on 12-5-2011 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
.....Calling this a "6 flags light show" is like calling a multi-colored flying saucer a "pretty hovering ferris wheel".

Kudos to those with discernment.

And S+F for the find.
edit on 12-5-2011 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand

Originally posted by cloud333

Notice how the pics with the "orbs" in them have flashes on the ground with high intensity. As if you shined a flash light directly into a lens. If the flashlight is not directed at the lens then you get no lens flare, even when you can see the beam of light it emits.

Please specify what you mean by directly into a lens.. To me that means the light has to be centered in the line of focus in order to produce a lens flare. The reason I am asking is because a few of the flashes that produce lens flares are slightly off to the left of the main "light show" that this video focuses on. It just seems odd that if it has to be directly in the center why is the one of the left hand side also producing a lens flare. When it is not directly in the line of sight.

just curiosity in understanding lens flares and how to debunk..

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
These are 100% transformers folks. I know the UFOers and Project Bluebeamers won't believe me, but I'm sorry, but you are incorrect in your thinking that this is anything but.

A few years ago, I lived on a hill that oversaw the valley. It was during a snowstorm and there was lightning going about --a fantastic light show! I'm one of those who enjoy a great light show during thunderstorms, but to see and witness this in a snowstorm was something else.

Anyway, in one instance, the lightning struck a transformer and the aftermath is what you see in this video. In all other occurrences, the lightning didn't actually strike the transformer, but because more stress and strain was put on the others, it was like a domino effect.

Then the transformer in my backyard blew. In addition to the horrific buzzing sound, EVERYTHING in the neighborhood turned blue, then faded, turned blue, then faded.

I am 100% positive what you see in this video are the transformers failing. No UFO's. Not Project Bluebeam. Sorry guys, I know you all are anxious to have a UFO come land, but this is just transformers.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Star and flag! Those videos of transformers blowing up are awesome! The topic was interesting too,

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cloud333

Most of those lights off to the side are obscured by trees. Every now and then the trees move to expose the raw light source. It's when this happens that you get the lens flares due to the intensity of the light source. There are some pics of the orbs on the second or third page, notice how there is an extremely bright light source that pierces the horizon line? That's when you get a lens flare. In the video, the orbs only appear when the light source is in clear view. All the other lights won't produce flares because they are blocked by trees/buildings ect....

Hope that helps.

Also check out that last pic, the one with two "orbs". Notice the two lights on the bottom? Notice how the correspond with the two "orbs".
edit on 5/12/2011 by CastleMadeOfSand because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join