It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fort Worth Explosions? Just WTF is going here?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Dude, what is up?? I just watched the whole video and went away from the page for about 3 mins and I just came back to watch the video again and now it is saying it was removed by the user???? What is that about?

It seems to be back. I guess he was doing something to it.
edit on 11-5-2011 by cflynnmda because: Vid came back

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

There absolutely WAS a storm in the area. I live near Ft. Worth. I had to move my truck under covered parking due to the hail.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by cflynnmda

Still works for me. Not sure what's happening on your end.

I clicked the OP's vid, AND the YouTube link below it and both worked fine.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

Its fine now. It was, for a little bit, saying it was "removed by user". Seemed weird.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand
reply to post by Jomina

There absolutely WAS a storm in the area. I live near Ft. Worth. I had to move my truck under covered parking due to the hail.

So be it. I didn't check the weather stations to verify if there was or not. I was saying, in the video, there doesn't appear to be one happening.

Thanks for teh verification on that, appreciated. That COULD follow into the official explanation of the events, then. However, I do still stand by everything else I said there

What it seems to be portraying is a cascade failure of multiple transformers at the same time, with no power flucuations happening around the areas of impact and with no sound of lightning strikes (while it's happening... if there were before then, so be it), nor sounds of the transformers themselves.

Dunno... it's all pretty dang iffy to me.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I've seen a gazillion transformers arc & blow in storms and it is nearly always a blue to blue-green color when they do. This looks like a major light show. As for the lightning, I didn't see one solitary bolt of it nor the telltale sound of thunder, not even a gentle roll of thunder from a distance.

Unless there's a different type of transformer using something other than copper for its leads I have to say that there's no way that's transformers blowing in a lightning storm. Not ET either hehe.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Looks like a light show. If look real close you can see the strip of lights on the ground as they are going off.

3:00 - 3:15 min marks.
edit on 11-5-2011 by jaydeePNW because: added time

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

If you watch closely you can see lightning flashing in the background. You are right though, it IS very odd to see transformers blowing this way and with such a variety of vivid colors.

I have an open mind, so I don't mind accepting that it could be something else.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I didn't realize that different transformers blew up different colors...i really have no idea, but there is no airstrip there, and no sound from the video, well minus the "tweet" of the birds...

There's really not much over there that could go up but transformers.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaydeePNW
Looks like a light show. If look real close you can see the strip of lights on the ground as they are going off.

That's been said, and that was an impression I had of the event as well.

However, that doesn't seem to be the explanation given by the media. Interesting, eh?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

In the link the OP provided, witnesses saw sparks. Not a light show. There were thunderstorms in the area at the time, they would not put people in danger for a light show.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
wow! good find, anyone notice the orb things in the sky from about .13-.33- what are those?

Oakland @I30, 820 and 121 is where I had watched a tornado form and hit in 2008 from the front porch less than a mile away, which was about 4-5 miles from six flags, so hits close to home..oh and did I mention there also was the first pure white dove (though more the homeing or racing type) visit and stayed around for about a week whose ankle bracelet tag name was 911BRX?
ah good times
edit on 11-5-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jomina

That's been said, and that was an impression I had of the event as well.

However, that doesn't seem to be the explanation given by the media. Interesting, eh?

Did look likethere was lightning in the background so there could have been some transformers blowing also. However I seen that in person before and seen a light show like that in person before. That was a light show.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

By "strips of lights" do you mean telephone poles with transformers on them?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by cflynnmda
reply to post by Jomina

Its fine now. It was, for a little bit, saying it was "removed by user". Seemed weird.

Maybe because I was editing the post? Although I would never remove the video

Ok so far, we got there was a storm prior to filming. In the film there's no sign of bad weather, so I wonder how long it's been since the storm been over. We need time stamps on this storm.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Atlantican

In the link the OP provided, witnesses saw sparks. Not a light show. There were thunderstorms in the area at the time, they would not put people in danger for a light show.

Sure they would.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

By "strips of lights" do you mean telephone poles with transformers on them?

You can see the source if you look closely. They are lights on the ground in a obvious pattern. You will see them going off in order at times.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rustami
wow! good find, anyone notice the orb things from about .13-.45- what are those?

Oakland @I30, 820 and 121 is where I had watched a tornado form and hit in 2008 from the front porch less than a mile away, which was about 4-5 miles from six flags
edit on 11-5-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

I thought I saw orbs or something in the background skies, but I figured it also could be light and it's trickery with camera lenses

Fire and police dispatchers were busy Tuesday night answering calls about "fireballs" in the sky and on the ground in east Fort Worth

edit on 11-5-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jaydeePNW

Just curious.....but did you read the link the OP provided? Power outages occurred throughout east Ft. Worth shortly afterwards.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
In my opinion, its definitely not transformers. The lights seem to move from side to side in some sort of a line. Once a transformer blows, I'm guessing, that's all its good for. Not multiple times, right? Also, the colors are actually fantastic. Do they make transformers in different colors :lol;? So I would say this is a huge light show, but the question now is, why such a huge show and for who or what? Police were called
But then how come the media couldn't figure who had this light show? What did the police report?

from the article

Star-Telegram columnist Bob Ray Sanders said that whatever it was, it was dramatic.

"I've seen lightning strike, and this was no lightning," he said. "It may have been precipitated by lightning strikes."

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join