It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Theory #68934...Fuel Prices...Just Greed or Citizen Movement Control?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
It's been theorized about the US Govt. using the "Terror" propaganda to justify Border Security increase, Citizen Spying, TSA Grope Fests (Now coming to Malls, Trains, Buses etc), CCTV etc.

And then we have the theories on Food Control, RFID Chips, HAARP Weather Manipulation and on and on in order to keep citizens from traveling/leaving their Country and/or even their town.

I can see a not too distant future when people will be too scared to leave their homes.
We have increased Terror Warnings, Forced Presidential Announcements to private cell phones and Wal-Mart telling your neighbors to spy on you.

This thread is NOT about any of the above theories as we have plenty of threads on each topic.

Which brings me to the fuel issue and thinking that if it gets much higher, this could play right into everything.

No gas? No go. Stay at home. Stay in your town/city. Stay in your state/province. Stay in your Country. Why? Because we can't afford to fill up the car and it's easier to keep tabs on our movement if it's minimal.

So what is the real reason for such high prices? Oil has come down but pump prices continue to rise.

Yeah, I know...it's out there, but in these times you can't help but wonder.

Let's put it this way. If the Elite really wanted only our money, why raise fuel so high that we can't afford it at all? They can't get richer if we can't afford to buy it.

But...if the End Game Plan was to keep our movement to a minimum in order to make it easier to keep tabs on us, this could work.

I posted a thread earlier on the rising fuel prices and after reading a few replies, that little light started glowing.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So I'm wondering if anyone else has thought of this?

What is the real reason to price something out of reach of the average consumer? Many will say that there will be people willing to pay anything and that may be right, if you have the money to begin with. But the 99% of us that also use oil, have no money left!

With food prices going vertical at the same time, what are the people going to choose? Oil or food? Sad to see we are almost at that point now.

Just thought I'd put this out there as Conspiracy Theory #68934 (The Govt. can make up numbers for every new bill...so can I)

Thanks for reading.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I thought oil dropped in price, yet gas prices are the same. Luckily where I live it's not as high as 4+ dollars as in most places. Not good news for most people, family and friends. Though, still no excuse why it's high(people may argue taxes but that's only part of it, usually unchanged unless the state tax went up). I agree they want to keep people at home. That will further bring business down for small businesses and tourism. Conspiracy? Though, traveling season, prices always soar, so before we see a drop if any, we'll see it go up again for summer. I think one report says they'll remain the current price-not dropping

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake
I thought oil dropped in price, yet gas prices are the same. Luckily where I live it's not as high as 4+ dollars as in most places. Not good news for most people, family and friends. Though, still no excuse why it's high(people may argue taxes but that's only part of it, usually unchanged unless the state tax went up). I agree they want to keep people at home. That will further bring business down for small businesses and tourism. Conspiracy? Though, traveling season, prices always soar, so before we see a drop if any, we'll see it go up again for summer. I think one report says they'll remain the current price-not dropping

Report on CTV a few minutes ago:

"Waiting for a price drop in fuel? Don't hold your breath."

Guess that sums it up.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Greed. It's pure greed. I don't think they can control us with prices. The only way they could control us with gas would be to cut it off. And then no $$$ for them. People will reach a boiling point on this issue and take away what means most to them.

Bin Laden's dead. Oil prices are coming down. Really.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

But...if the End Game Plan was to keep our movement to a minimum in order to make it easier to keep tabs on us, this could work

I think it is easier to keep tabs on a larger vehicle rather than pedestrians or cyclists. Of course, with cell phones, it's easy regardless.

It seems to me that prices are up because we are having to work harder to produce oil. Of course, when we first began to produce it, we were able to find locations where it was extremely easy to extract. Now, we need to plunge the depths of the oceans, or filter the sand for the precious commodity. We are champing at the bit to get to the arctic and we won't stop until we either find a replacement or transition to a new world order.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Oil prices have dropped, but it takes a while for it to show u pat the pump. the margins were raised as it dropped. One of the main reasons for the high oil prices is that people have been speculation on it again and jacked the price up. The government has i suppose lowered the price by requiring a higher margin which means less money used to move the price up.

new topics

top topics

join