It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Viral Baby Patdown at KC Airport

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Viral Baby Patdown at KC Airport

www.ky3.com

The Transportation Security Administration is coming under fire after agents frisked a baby at the Kansas City International airport.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I think this is outrageous. TSA getting their grubby hands on an 8 MONTH OLD child now? So what's next after this then, frisking a child in utero?

I know they have procedures and measures to prevent terrorist attacks and other security breaches and that also some parents can hide things in their child's clothing/diapers but if that's the case and a suspicion was raised then wouldn't it be better to have the TSA monitor the parents removing their child's clothing in private to aid a search without embarrassment to all and without the TSA themselves putting their hands on children?

www.ky3.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Didn't you get the NSA memo?

The next wave of attacks are expected to come in the form of diaper bombers.

Be afraid, very.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
We should start traveling with pit bulls. Let the pervs touch something that won't put up with this crap.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
i dont think this is too much to worry about, its not the fact that they're molesting some child, after the death of Bin Laden being released, security measures really have to crack down. the new al'queda leader recently made an announcement on how we were going to wish bin laden was still alive (which in all honesty i think is crap, just trying to make himself seem powerful and insite fear), give it a couple months and security will start to die down, in the meantime expect things to be really tight like this, terrorists are going to hide explosives or whatever in places we arent going to normally expect, they aren't as stupid as you think, no one would think a baby would have a bomb in it and they know that.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Yeah it is a shame this video has gone viral, what i wish had gone viral is the fact, these parents should be ashamed of themselves for putting their baby through that ordeal.
Another thing I wish would go viral is these searches are perfectly "LEGAL", but the msm is spinning so much anger they won't tell you that fact.
Btw this article has been up on ATS a few times.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Didn't you get the NSA memo?

The next wave of attacks are expected to come in the form of diaper bombers.

Be afraid, very.

Well I did imagine that a stinkbomb might be amongst the many priorities the TSA look out for

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
disgusting ...... This is why I fear taking my children to the airport. To be touched in places i tell my children no one should touch them their. I have family in the Philippines that have never met my children in person because of the fear of a thug ruining my children s innocence.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Yeah it is a shame this video has gone viral, what i wish had gone viral is the fact, these parents should be ashamed of themselves for putting their baby through that ordeal.
Another thing I wish would go viral is these searches are perfectly "LEGAL", but the msm is spinning so much anger they won't tell you that fact.
Btw this article has been up on ATS a few times.

Clearly a violation of the 4th amendment as well as child sexual abuse laws.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by coldbore

That's the thing though, I agree and I thought it was fairly common knowledge that any type of criminal can use a child's clothing to hide things (people have stuffed things they were stealing from stores into diapers for example) but to give a child of any age a patdown just reeks of wrong to me.

An adult, sure, they can give permission but a child.....I dunno, gives me chills.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
so the TSA expects terrorist parents to use their children to conceal exactly how many weapons?

it's amazing we're even allowed to go to the grocery store without someone patting us down, considering.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

This particular article or similar?

Only ask because this incident only happened yesterday but yeah, I see your point.

ETA - Excuse me, the video of the incident went online tuesday, my mistake.
edit on 11/5/2011 by curious7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
LOL l you know what 'terrorists' have already won. America is so scared by the new boogeyman we'll do anything to protect ourselves.

That is what it was all about in the beginning fear and mass chaos. That's all it ever was.

My oh my, you know, in my humble opinion we should just change the 'land of the brave' to 'land of those who are afraid'.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Shaiker

Agreed, this child never got the option to say no.
His parents just violated his rights and consented to the search and gave his/her rights away.
You see, alot of folks see this and say "OOOOH that darned TSA"!
I see it and realize that said people do not need to consent to a search and that they may just drive themselves where they are going or get their own private aircraft.
Now, if you cannot afford your own aircraft, then just do not travel to places you cannot reach without air travel.
We have the right to travel, we have the right against illegal searches, but folks do not know that the aircraft companies require you to give up your rights to travel on their vehicles.
Submit or you do not fly.

Yep this same picture in the article was from a few days ago, and has been on ATS a couple or few times.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
the bomb baby things is absurd ,

as if human imagination was invented a week ago,

what stopped this from happening in the 1940-90´s ?

why was this not implemented back then ?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Why do we generalize these as the entire TSA?

Isolated incidents should be managed versus sensationalized.

Same with police or government. Yes there are some bad apples.

Same is true of citizens. There are bad citizens. Should we all be treated poorly?

The all or nothing is an ignorant approach.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I do understand your feelings and what you all are saying but I think you cant exclude the possibility of something just because its a baby or a child. I'm sorry but they can indeed be used to conceal anything... twisted minds work like that and you should count on that and act accordingly.

I know a mother who used her child to conceal money (in times of a certain revolution - sorry not going into details in here) because it was forbidden to send any kind of aid, so she traveled there, with her baby and the baby was carrying the money - of course the baby was never checked.

Thing is, today you can use a baby to carry drugs, a bomb, whatever and I do agree with preemptive measures.

Children always were used in war for their "innocence" and they were damn effective undercover assassins just because you can deal with the idea of shooting a child... but if you dont want to look all the way back in history, just take your vietnam as an example.

Everything is fair game this days unfortunately.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Yah poop bombs are rampant these days!! when will we resist these thugs

Alex covered this earlier this week, lemme see if i can find the clip

here we go:

edit on 11-5-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

Isolated incidents should be managed versus sensationalized.

Same with police or government. Yes there are some bad apples.

Same is true of citizens. There are bad citizens. Should we all be treated poorly?

The all or nothing is an ignorant approach.

When you do a search of children and airport security some 8500000 hits online. The terrorizing of treating our children by the TSA is not a rare occurence so dont attempt to paint it as so.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

I'm sure a grown adult can think of the the reasons why the other grown adults do what they do.

Just saying.

Or were you being rhetorical and stuff?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join