It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to Do About David Wilcock?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Do you blame David? Or do you blame the people who are dumb enough to pay for his info?

If you wanna ban his material on this website, then you are gonna have to ban half of ATS members, cause what they say is even further out there than what he says. Seriously.....dolphins and whales banging on the ocean floor causing earthquakes????

Last time I checked, selling books was legal.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

This thread reminds me of something a friendly Aussie chap wrote a while back
Anyway I think Wilcock is a fool and not really a charlatan (like Icke, Greer, Alex Jones, etc). There's no need to "ban" him from ATS, besides I don't think he has any real impact around here anyway.
edit on 12-5-2011 by cripmeister because: for clarity as I'm Swedish

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Hi there,
Please don't forget that there are more people like this " Wilcock" who actually make a living with this crap.
At one hand they say: "You people have to wake up", but at the other hand they put you back to sleep again with their lectures.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull
This is not about "controlling the debate", as it is not about silencing an opinion that someone does not like but dealing with someone who may be a hoaxer. In fact, one would be hard pressed to argue any constructive that Wilcock has added to the debate.

It looks more like Wilcock has been shown to be wrong rather than a proven hoaxer.

You may think he talks absolute garbage. However, censorship is dodgy ground. Surely we can't expose anyone for being wrong or a hoaxer if we can't publicise what they are saying or debate it? That is what denying ignorance is all about. Censorship is not!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The only ones I find interesting to listen to is Jordan Maxwell, Richard Dolan, Stanton Friedman and Bugs Bunny....

Some of these guys in the "Camelot Scene" are incredible brave by having the balls to come with such an unbelievable story and able to tell it with a straight face and without laughing.

It is preferable to learn how to read body-language before watching interviews with guys like Aaron Mcollum.

Anyways....David Wilcock....he wants to be part of the multi-million dollar "fantasy scam" industry.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Whilst I agree with you that fraudsters or hoaxers should be banned, I believe this should be left up to ATS.

Whether David Wilcock is a fraudster or not, its clear you do not agree with his views but what you have done is given him more air time and importance by starting a thread about him, which is probably the opposite of what you wanted to achieve. The less time and importance given to someone, the quicker they will fade away and be forgotten.

In my opinion, all he has done is claimed on several occasions that disclosure will happen or has begun. There is nothing wrong with this and should not harm ufology. I think ufology has bigger problems than one individual who could just be wrong with his predictions.

As others have mentioned, there will be people who agree with his views and will listen to him. If someone wishes to pay and listen to him then that is up to him or her.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Absolutely ban him.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Should we start to ban books as well?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I wouldn't ban anyone here unless they violated the T&C of this site. If DW or anyone else comes here and actually knowingly lies or spews hoax filled fantasies or tries to sell his voodoo here as a posting member, then yes, ban him. Toss him in the bucket with Frozenthought and a few others I have seen come here and hoax it up. But to ban him as a source of reference, regardless of how idiotic and nonsensical his schism is to a rational thinker, I would say no. This kind of junk must be debated otherwise denying ignorance ain't gonna happen here...

Bleevers gonna bleeve and bleeving is far more powerful than any drug I know of to get people off of. So I say, let peeps believe what they want and let them suffer for it. Found out a long time ago that if you try to use fact to combat fantasy, fantasy will most likely win out in the end because its more appealing. I wouldn't let that fact stop the debate but a belief system is a hard nut to crack. People gotta change their own minds, no one can do it for them.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

He thinks he is Edgar Cayce.

I however think he is really David Spade.

Regardless, he is annoying as hell. No love is not the answer.

Getting pissed off and standing up for yourself is the answer.

So sick of new age love fixes everything BS, cause it doesn't. Not in this dimension.

that being said? why ban or censor anything or anyone?

Can't filter stuff out of your internal dialogue yourself?

assert yourself.
edit on 12-5-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
He is a tool.

Use him like one, or don't.

If he's got some information you might be interested, then go for it. Once you've had enough, do some of your own research.

I don't think his personality or falsehoods really matters. When I watch stupid videos like that, I am not doing it naively, but rather siphoning out the BS to get to the real information I might not have considered before.

Example: Had I never watched Jordan Maxwell, I would have never heard of Manly P. Hall or Arthur C. Clarke.

That's how information works, IMHO.

It's the same way with AJones and David Icke, even Project Camelot. I don't care about their obviously fabricated stories.

When they are blatantly lying, I don't get offended. I think it's funny. It also makes for great training for the good old BS meter.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
David is interesting to say the least. If only 1% of his information is accurate, that is 1 more piece of the puzzle. I find this site sometimes is to willing to shred people and throw them overboard too quickly. When doing a puzzle if you cant make a piece fix, you dont throw that piece away you set it aside.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by professornurbs

Agreed!

2nd

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2

Originally posted by Imhotepsol
David Wilcox is no better then David Ike. He believes he's the re-incarnation of Edgar Casey and attempts to offer proof by showing how much all of his friends look like Casey's friends. He's a shill successfully cashing in on peoples ignorance pretty much like every other "authority" on the whole 2012 scene.

He looks more like the reincarnation of Ellen Degeneres.

LMFAO!

Yeah he looks like he just stepped out of the 80's too. When I first started listening to him I noticed he was very scripted. He would repeat everything he said on the Camelot Interview on Coast To Coast. Then I would read his blogs and it would also be the same thing. Then he would resurface again with a new story such as Disclosure and repeat his sales spiel to buy his CD and book. Of course then there is his corny music he markets on C2C and George Noorey hypes it up to be on John Lennon levels.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Wow soldier. That *IS* pretty bad.

Ban David Wilcock!

Edit: Sarcasm.
edit on 12-5-2011 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
There's no need to ban any of these people.

You can't recognize a fool/hoaxer/charlatan/delusional/whatever if you never encounter one.

If you start banning this sort of thing, you're stepping onto a slippery slope of controlled information sharing and output... something I think most of us here are dead against and the very reason for this website's existence in the first place.

So why on earth would you suggest moderated control of information sharing ??
Because you don't agree with the things they say ?

Hypocrisy reigns on ATS...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I say NAY as far as banning, ignoring the problem wont make it go away. That is what the hoax section is for... and Deconstructing Disinformation. Wilcock threads. If someone does a search for David Wilcock and they are directed to ATS they become informed on his latest work of fiction. But if we ignore it then many people wont get a chance or warning ahead of time. That is why ATS is an alternative to web sites like Divine Cosmos. Banning would defeat the purpose of denying ignorance. Denying Ignorance does not mean close your eyes and ears. Besides that is also censorship even if it is absolute false information. I just had a crash course in Sorcha Faal, and i have been on this site for a while now. I had no idea who he was "forgot about the guy" and that he was a disinformation op. Had the name Sorcha Faal been banned i could be reading his material right now and been fooled.
edit on 12-5-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I don't think he should be banned but he should be called out openly, like most other UFO fakes.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I think ATS should set him up with his own forum here, make him a Conspiracy Master.
Sort of like "keep your friends close, and enemies closer".
That way I can remind him on a daily basis that old episodes of Dr. Who are not evidence of government disclosure of time travel.
edit on 12-5-2011 by freelance_zenarchist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara

It is preferable to learn how to read body-language before watching interviews with guys like Aaron Mcollum.

The Aaron Mcollum interview is a classic imo

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join