It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to Do About David Wilcock?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
When faced with persistent and known hoaxers this website has taken the appropriate action of banning all materials that originate from those hoaxers. All News Web, for example. The salt-the-earth policy in regards to these hoaxers is justified as these people prey on the hopes and fears of the faithful, the reasons as varied as the predators. They decay and distract from the discussion, casting further ill-fame on a subject already sorely lacking in credibility.

Should this policy be applied to David Wilcock?

Who is David Wilcock?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5f4bd24678c2.jpg[/atsimg]

Wilcock has tried to cultivate an image of himself as a New Age Renaissance-man, He is a lecturer, wannabe documentary film-maker, once helped run a self-sufficient organic farm/commune in Kentucky (which closed within three years), jazz musician, and a psychic who claims to be in contact with higher powers and the reincarnation of Edgar Cayce. Wilcock even co-authored a book about himself and his prestigious past-life. During his time as farm-hand/construction worker and writing his book, Wilcock supported himself by doing psychic readings. In '06, Wilcock retired from giving readings to concentrate on filming a documentary based on his research, moving from Kentucky to Hollywood. The film seems to have found itself in development hell in the intervening five-years. In the meantime, Wilcock has busied himself by becoming a vocal and persistent member of the Disclosure movement. Source

It is here we find fault with Wilcock; along with being unquantifiable, his beliefs about his psychic powers and reincarnation are personal, having no effect on us. However, his predictions of Disclosure can conceivably have ramifications for his audience; in predicting these world-changing events that invariably turn out false, he is giving his audience false-hope.

Predictions of Disclosure

Since 2009, Wilcock has made several predictions about impending Disclosure...

November, 2009. Disclosure within no more than six months or less!

November, 2010 Disclosure Is Actively Happening Now

May, 2011 Official Government Disclosure Has Begun

(One must wonder how it can be active in November but just beginning five months later)

In the earlier two cases, when Disclosure did not manifest, Wilcock invented excuses in attempt to make his predictions unfalsifiable. To him, it is not that his predictions were wrong but other forces prevented Disclosure...

Disclosure, "The Event" and China's "October Suprise". Wherein he speculates that not only was Obama threatened to not disclose in November 2009, but that China will soon ride in on a white horse and save everyone.

Japan: A Final, Desperate Attempt to Stop Disclosure?. Wherein he speculates the March earthquake and tsunami in Japan was an attack to distract from Disclosure, a disclosure he predicted in 2010.

Now, Wilcock is predicting Disclosure anytime before 2012. That is plenty of time to find or, if need be, invent new excuses when predictably (pun intended) disclosure does not happen.

What to do?

There are websites claiming Wilcock is plant by an alphabet-soup agency to spread disinfo but such claims are as well grounded as Wilcock's claims for Disclosure (to be generous to both). Still others think he is a more common species in the UFO world, a charlatan out to make money by making claims to an audience who doesn't care if he is wrong or right as long as he is saying what they want to hear. Whatever his motives may be, they are irrelevant to this discussion. Is he a fraud or he is a well-meaning fool? There is a difference between the two; simply being wrong even consistently does not make one a fraud. To be a fraud, one must be seeking to purposefully deceive people. If Wilcock is a fraud and the community acknowledges him as such, should ATS ban his material as they do other hoaxers?

edit on 11-5-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
He did make an interesting point about the pine cones.

Besides that, yes, deny ignorance and censor, censor, censor!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
How is one suppose to investigate and examine?

Take Obama...please
even after three foney birth certs and a fake death certifcate
we still link to him...
(well, some links are missing...)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
There is a film called "The House of Games" which illustrates what David does for a living.

You and your money....

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Definite thumbs down.

Attention whore all the way.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Him and david icke work together some times.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by WingedBull

Your critique is spot on, however you give the benefit he may be a well meaning fool. It's up to each to decide for him/herself. Why bother banning him, he's insignificant. I don't trust Alex Jones, but I wouldn't suggest he be banned because he could be a con artist. He has a lot more impact than Wilcock.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
yes ban alex jones and jesse ventura as well
2nd

+7 more 
posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
May I suggest simply ignoring the guy?

Currently the world is filled with false prophets and fakers, Egotistic Spiritual 'Teachers' and many thousands of Followers.

If the Followers cannot see clearly for themselves then it is not our job.. or Your's particularly.. to inform them of their lacking... they are where they are now for a reason, among which is their Choice.

You can inform those who speak to you about this situation, and perhaps assist them to some form of clarity, but you can never convert anyone from their Beliefs.

So best then to ignore the guy and move on with what you can do in this world. Better to focus on that than what you cannot change.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Pilot

I would agree, he may not have any abilities or actually anything remarkable about him other than he tries to combine information that is out there and make predictions our of them, why anyone tries to draw their own conclusions, just not everyone does it for attention/fame/money. I think if he happens to be right about anything it will be mere coincidence and not of remarkable skills or talents.

I don't see any reason to censor/ban him or any reason to listen to him.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I think he believes every word he says. Problem is he is always claiming how reliable his "inside sources" are when I think he is most likely getting his info from dis-info agents. It would be awesome if what he said was true, but it is so obviously not true.

Besides, what do people think is going to happen if we get disclosure. It's not like we are gonna see any alien technology. There's too much money to be made off of oil still for any type of disclosure to happen.

The most I can see happening is the government saying " we are not alone in the universe". End of story.
Who needs to hear that from the government? Obviously we're not alone, now get on with your life and work on inventing something to get us off our addiction to oil, and stop waiting for aliens to come save humanity, and try to do it yourself.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This guy charges money for alien channeling! How can anyone take him seriously???
He takes half truths and possibilities and spins them into a version of reality that new-agers thrive on. He himself is a cash whore. I think his material should be moved to the hoax forum UNLESS it can be corroborated.
edit on 11-5-2011 by SmokeandShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I think he's pretty harmless but does himself and Project Camelot a discredit when he goes into his I'm the reincarnation of Edgar Cayce bit. It's pretty embarrassing to watch. He's not as bad as elite solo black op dolphin boy Aaron Mcollum. Why he even get's the time of day I don't know.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I think it wouldn't be right to completely ban all Wilcock material from the site. Although he has made many false predictions in the past, it should be our duty to take in all theories and considerations, and come to a conclusion based upon provable evidence and accurate information. If more claims are bogus, they will be just that, and we can throw the topic to the fire. If anything he says turns out to hold any weight, we'd be doing an injustice to all on these boards searching for the truth by banning his material.

Simply put, take his material with a grain of salt, maybe a whole salt shaker. But don't completely dismiss and ignore all information from him.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
OP, Are you serious?

This reminds me of a failed idea by another member.

He also wanted to control the debate in the way that you do.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Wilcock is pure baloney and as far as any real esoterica or occultism
goes Wilcock is not a credible source, at all.

He is just another in a long line of charlatans making a living on the
credulous nature and gullibility of the audience.

Here's the scoop:

Get off your butt and go to a library and read all the old esoteric
books you can find and then make up some alien cosmic voodoo
stories based on those old books.

Don't forget to tie in any new age cosmic consciousness nonsense
you can find.

You too can be the next David Wilcock !!!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I vote , he's a fool .

I always find myself hoping that each time we hear him speak will be the last .

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
As for him being a government plant

Even the government wouldn't waist money like that , yes hard to believe

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
What does he know about the pine cones??

2nd line

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisterBurns
What does he know about the pine cones??

2nd line

He knows that he read in a book or watched a video that in some branches of esoterica the pine cone is considered representative of the pineal gland.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join