It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is happening at 37.75N latitude?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilyFlower

You claimed that I provided a location that wasn't at 37.75N, but the link I provided shows the epicenter of the original SF earthquake was at 37.75.

That's not true.

The OP said that SF was at 37.75 along with Fukushima and Ft Knox - and I said no they are not all at the same latitude, and I provided latitudes to show that.

Then you provide a link slightly different and claim I am misleading people when I didn't.

nope - I said that the latitude you gave for SF was the same as I provided - so I agreed with you, and you say I didn't??!!
(actually the lat I provided was 1 minute & some seconds away from exactly 37.75....but I didn't actually argue the point!
)

And I wasn't talking about he location of the earthquake and neither was the OP.

you are obviously getting confused - you should probably stop now!!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

very intuitive,, they are called fault lines in most cases just don't want too start the 37th degree agrument again,, so that would be fault lines,,,,,,in most cases.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LilyFlower

"37°N" latitude....meh!

Why not look at the whole planet?.....there's a volcano in Indonesia that is active, in last few months, too.

Near the EQUATOR. (less than 2° S) Others, range nearby, in Indonesia.

You are finding coincidences, and conveying incorrect assumptions about them. The Earth's crust's internal arrangement, and tectonic activity are not concerned with arbitrarily-plotted Human cartography references.

Here's a handy resource to peruse: www.mapsofworld.com...

Edit: Meh, again... ^^^^^ at that link, it is a bit of a tease....have to scroll WAY down, to see. After that, the sidebar has many interesting things to click on, and see too.....

edit on 11 May 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Not exact but close enough for someone to claim such a thing.

There are no coincidences in nature though.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

gday getreadyalready,
i like your line of thought RE: pressure of water...

i was only thinking yesterday when i heard river peaks announced
" how much does (40 foot) of water weigh? TIMES width X length of area etc =???"

A LOT!

all pressing down, and then gone a week or two later and the weight is lifted...

i have often thought high + low pressure systems may also play a part in earthquake triggering...

seeya
+
thanks

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Does Chile @ 37S + North New Zealand 37S have any revalance!?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear LilyFlower,

What area along the New Madrid fault lies on the same path, if you know? Another question I have is related to the magnetic pole movement that occurred. Dr. Kaku stated that there is a possibility of increased solar activity into 2012, he also said that he believed the sun's magnetic pole will shift. Dr. Kaku on the suns impending polar shift. We know that our pole has shifted slightly, I have been wondering if the shift in the suns magnetic pole has been affecting ours. A magnetic pole shift is expected every 25,000 years roughly and it has been hypothesized that this results in wild climate change and earthquakes and volcanoes. Dr. Michio Kaku is not some simpleton, he is one of the best in physics today. When he says the sun's magnetic pole is going to shift, I for one am going to listen.

You may already know this but the Sun reverses its poles every 11 years. 2012 is when it reverses its poles again.

What worries me is the 11 degree pole shift of the Earth that Edgar Cayce predicted decades ago.
There has already been a 10 degree shift in the magnetic poles of the Earth. So what we need to know is: is a magnetic pole shift a precursor to the actual physical shifting of the Earth's poles?

Because if it is, we are in trouble. Even an 11 degree pole shift -- this would explain the major geological changes that Cayce saw in his visions of the future.
edit on 11-5-2011 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

Sorry to disagree but there simply is no geological evidence anywhere on earth for a pole shift of the type that you mean. Magnetic pole shift is common, every 25000 years on average, although currently 40000 plus years since the last one (so definately due). Geological pole shift is the invention of Hollywood and sci fi (and very interesting too) but absolutely no factual basis. That said, as i have pointed out before, we haven't been around long enough to understand what is going on. Something that is scientific fact for a couple of hundred years is then proved to be rubbish and we laugh at how primitive the original belief was. Therefore, in time, i may be proven completely wrong and geological pole shift occurs. However, with current scientific and geological understanding, it simply isn't possible

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Originally posted by babybunnies
I'd bet if you look at just about any parallel line around the world, you'd find earthquake zones along them in several locations.

Dear babybynnies,

Actually, it doesn't work that way. Faults run north to south, nor west to east. Why don't you show the opposite.

Surely faults vary depending upon the location of the fault line? Say for the San Andreas it would be north to south. However, the Eurasion and African plates run east to west and therefore faults would follow the same pattern?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Just want to add, isnt an exact, straight line, a human thing? I was under the imppression mother nature was more a close, but not exact, type of thing? You know, full of imperfections...

Therefore, the whole "it's not 37.75 exactley" argument kinda goes out with the trash. In my opinion of course

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
HAARP is on and I'm nervous
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by showintail

This thread is of HIGH interest to me as I live in Tennessee and I too wondered the same thing yesterday as in latitude and longitude. It really doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the Earth (as it always has) is going through its own natural changes. The Earth is shaking more than usual and the climate is changing. I mean...think about it....WE ARE TOO! The saying you are what you eat holds true and "I" believe everything from the air we breathe to the food we eat "changes" us. SAME for the Earth. She has a lot of people on her, cutting away at her, polluting her and so on and so on.....
We are on a PLANET in a SOLAR SYSTEM.....we are evolving entities as she is as well. No doubt Volcano's are and will forever erupt because of an EQ or maybe even vise versa. Its natural for her (Earth).

When the swarm in Arkansas began, I began studying EQ's. Its alarming to me that the swarm has slowed down tremendously in the last month. I wonder...why? I do not have the answer but I can tell you just like I tell myself, do not worry! Stay alert and informed but do not worry! Being aware of the Mississippi flooding and the words passed on from Edgar Cayce is in the back of my mind...for sure...but.... know that even though the Earth is changing it may take another 100+ years for anything to happen...anywhere. ;-)
Also...kids and I were talking last night about Noah and what may have happened before he built the Ark and after....what may have caused it and so on. Our History tends to repeat itself. It would not surprise me if our Mother Earth is in dire need of cleansing herself once again to sustain its own life!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I'm getting confused trying to follow some of this-
When you guys refer to "pole shift" do you actually mean "pole reversal"?
Because the geomagnetic pole shifts all the time, so if you are trying to point to possibilities of something uncommon, a pole reversal is what happens less often (and doesn't have a clear cycle, from what we can tell of evidence in the earths crust, it is rather sporadic and unpredicatable).

-Or are you actually talking about a shift of the physical poles (which as far as we can tell, has never happened on earth)?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by coquine
I'm getting confused trying to follow some of this-
When you guys refer to "pole shift" do you actually mean "pole reversal"?
Because the geomagnetic pole shifts all the time, so if you are trying to point to possibilities of something uncommon, a pole reversal is what happens less often (and doesn't have a clear cycle, from what we can tell of evidence in the earths crust, it is rather sporadic and unpredicatable).

-Or are you actually talking about a shift of the physical poles (which as far as we can tell, has never happened on earth)?

Personally i was making the point that geological (or physical) pole shift is simply not possible according to modern science and geology - if so there would be huge amounts of evidence for it in the rock strata all over the world and this 'evidence' simply is not there.

Geomagnetic pole shift does occur all the time, you are correct. However, the earth's geo magnetic fields 'flip' on average every 25'000 years meaning that north is south and vice versa - there is plenty of evidence for this in rock strata all over the world (particularly when viewed under a microscope). The last major flipping of the earths magnetic fields was over 40'000 years ago meaning we are definately due for one. Of course, with geological averages this may not actually happen for thousands of years and we may then get a couple in a row!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

I think you may have embelished your comment slightly. there is no evidence from the cameras at Etna to show that it has blown BIG TIME It may have coughed a little but that's about all

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by rykc27

Not seeing it blew big time, but there's enough ash to close the airport.

Video here

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Great thread!

When I heard Mount Etna was erupting, I immediately thought of Edgar Cayce's earth change readings. I was shocked to find out that he didn't mention anything about Mt Etna's eruption as a sign of earth changes, but the rising and sinking in that area:

"Q) How soon will the changes in the earth's activity begin to be apparent?
(A) When there is the first breaking up of some conditions in the South Sea (that's South Pacific, to be sure), and those as apparent in the sinking or rising of that that's almost opposite same, or in the Mediterranean, and the Aetna area, then we may know it has begun." - Reading 311-8

I'm currently reading a book by geologist William Hutton. He seems to think that a 1 degree pole shift would be enough to cause the changes that Edgar Cayce predicted for our planet. Even though 1 degree shift gradually happening over the course of a few decades would be enough to change life as we know it...One huge disaster after another. Anyway, Hutton points out that the only change Cayce predicted would happen quite rapidly was the change in upper Europe.

Namaste!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
ETNA just blew BIGTIME red alert BIGTIME

Ya the video you now are watching ,,,was what we were watching live,,,, thanks too Silo13 ?? a member who lives next door too Etna,,, snooze u loose

But a very BIG burp ,, wow

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Good observation
S&F

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cayce111
Great thread!

When I heard Mount Etna was erupting, I immediately thought of Edgar Cayce's earth change readings. I was shocked to find out that he didn't mention anything about Mt Etna's eruption as a sign of earth changes, but the rising and sinking in that area:

I've read some conflicting information on whether Cacye mentioned Etna or not.

According to this site he does, but others claim not.

"The earth will be broken up in the western portion of America. The greater portion of Japan must go into the sea. The upper portion of Europe will be changed as in the twinkling of an eye. Land will appear off the east coast of America. When there is the first breaking up of some conditions in the South Sea and those as apparent in the sinking or rising of that that's almost opposite same, or in the Mediterranean, and the Etna area, then we many know it has begun."

Source for the latter

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov... from link, note the depth

Thursday, May 12, 2011 at 16:23:48 UTC
Thursday, May 12, 2011 at 09:23:48 AM at epicenter

Location 38.419°N, 118.717°W
Depth 0 km (~0 mile) set by location program
Region NEVADA
Distances

14 km (9 miles) SW (215°) from Hawthorne, NV
21 km (13 miles) NW (307°) from Qualeys Camp, NV
28 km (17 miles) SE (125°) from Wichman, NV
240 km (149 miles) E (93°) from Sacramento, CA

Location Uncertainty Error estimate not available
was this a bomb?? could they be trying to set of the fault??

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join