It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Dreams Killed By American Drama Queens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Are you tired of hearing the following?

1) Dreams are for suckers get a real job

2) im realistic i dont have dreams or aspirations

3) its time to face reality and give up your dreams

4) yeah i know many people make money doing what you want to do but you wont

5) keep your dream as a hobby and get a real job

If so then this thread is for you!!!!

well where do i begin, this thread can match any dreams you guys might have and have the deepest hottest flame burning in you for it and a drive and determination for it that doesnt match any other little goals you might have set for yourself, why would they, those little goals pale in comparison to the big "dream", well mine is to do music, and not just make the music but to produce it and promote it and be in all things music. Ive been studying and partaking in music for 13+ years, as the years go by my talent and respect for it grew, it grew so much that the last stuff i made blew alot of people away by it,like wow you came a long way,don forget about me when you make it, even the people who like to give the aforementioned phrases at the top said i was great, and its been alot of ups and downs in the business,particularly the rap game, ive dealt with alot of scrutiny,rejection and violence, and i still keep going,very few people dislike my style, yet i still have people in my life that dont support me on what i want to do, they dont see the intense drive i have for it yet they see the lack of drive i have for alot of other crap they have out there, they prefer me to go the rout of settling to feed the belly of the beast that killed their once hopeful dreams,but not me, im an underdog from hell!!! ha ha ha, i dont care what position im in,ill do what my heart burns for and have to get what i have to say out,by any means, like that movie hustle and flow, that movie is very true to how it is in the music game coming up.

What alot of people dont understand with doing music professionally theres steps that need to be taken, you need to earn a name first of all, and to do that you need to master your form into your own presence and character and style, you need to undestand clarity,content,and charisma as well, once you got that goin and your feeling great about your gig you have to write a bunch of songs,and have instrumentals for them, then you can record, but its not over yet,you still have a ways to go, think of your first songs as building a portfolio, you have to have a record of who you say you are,proof that you do music,then you can proceed to work your way up at different venues doing shows and promoting until you get to the point of being talent scout bait, but never sign the first offer,make sure you would be getting your fare share of your work so that they dont get more out of it than you do, shop around a bit, and eventually you can have your own label and studio if you choose to be independent, me personally i choose to be a producer in the long run

Thats my dream, and what built this country was hopes and dreams, what killed this country is when people killed their hopes and dreams and rolled over to feed the belly of the beast that killed em. If you have a talent for something chances are there is somebody out there willing to pay you for them, dont let talentless people or people who choose not to use their talents to have a more fulfilled life doing something they love, tell you to give up your dreams because they never had any or gave up theirs, no one ever got anywhere giving up

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I hate to sound like your dad here, but I would say by all means keep your dreams alive, follow your passion, do what you love...but, have a back up plan!

Music is a great example of what I am talking about. The likelihood of you reaching anything close to Springsteen status is something like .009%.

I would follow my passion, but also learn how to do something within the industry that I could fall back on. If the music gig doesn't work out, at least you can work within the music industry and perhaps have a skill that is hard to come by. That way, you work and live within your passion, but are able to pay the bills if you are not the next Great American Band.

Eventually you will have to think about savings, retirement, a mortgage, and maybe even kids. It will be hard to live your life if you are living pay cheque to pay cheque. Your wife will leave you, you will be broke, you will be cut off of credit, and be living in a bad part of town (just like a sad country song).

So, I would follow my passion, but, have a back up plan!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
uuuhhhgg
. How dare they! How about they say that to their younger selves, then let's see how they turn out.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ultraman2011

lol i suppose i forgot to mention my back up plans,got that covered,i went to culinary school and can get a job at any restaurant,well, if they are hiring and im in san diego and jobs here are as scarce as a chupacabra lol, im not trying to be springsteen status,my ultimate goal is to produce the music of others as well as my own,with my own studio,i am experienced at it so this isnt a fly by night whimsical dream cuzz i was inspired by american idol(hate that show), its very hard,but it takes hardcore determination to get anywhere in both food and music. i guess i thrive on it more that way, i suppose i should mention the drama queen aspect in the OP adds fuel and inspiration to my fire, it wouldnt be as bad ass without the pain and frustration in it,im not makin john denver music here ha ha

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CUJOCREEP

I got to the par where you said you wanted to be a musician.
JOKE:
Q: What is the difference between a musician and a large pizza??
A: A pizza can feed a family of four!!
Really though, "real" music you know the stuff that is played on all of the msm, disney, coca cola owned network stations.
Is severely controlled and not a bit goes on their stations without consent of the ptb.
Keep on playing, do garage bands and play in small venues, keep it small and manageable.
This way you do not have to sellout your musical soul.
The music business truly does suck.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CUJOCREEP

Go for your dreams as hard as you can and don't stop until you feel you have made it or you've given it all you have.

Give all you have deep down within you in your quest.

Dreams come true everday and sometimes there is a great price to pay.

It has been done before.
You can do it too.

Push, push, push and when you feel you can't push anymore push harder.

Victory is so sweet.

Best wishes to you and may all your dreams come true.

top topics

join