It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could pick just one.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by theUNKNOWNawaits

Good thread you got there. I think I have to agree with reincarnation. I'm not a big believer in the pearly gates and all, but for all I know that's how it is. With intuitions that we have, maybe they could be from past lives. For instance, I'm deathly afraid of the ocean. I have no reason to be. Never had a bad experience with water at all, but for some reason I just can't bear to even stand the thought of it. I get an almost drowning feeling just being near the ocean, which leads me to believe that I probably drowned in a past life. Maybe I'm wrong in that theory, but it's the only reasonable one I got.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
It's funny. So many people have chosen the life after death question as their most sought after answer. For me it is a complete non issue. I'm no more enlightened than anyone else but I've never really worried about what comes after death. Even as a kid I always just figured it would be like pre-birth, nothing to worry about or look forward to. Mankind existed for ages before I was ever here and it will go on long after I'm gone. I'm just not a part of it anymore. No more, no less.

I suppose my one all encompassing question would pertain to life outside our world. Where is it, how advanced or primitive are the other species, do they come here, what they look like etc....
edit on 12-5-2011 by IllMannered because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyz
reply to post by theUNKNOWNawaits

Good thread you got there. I think I have to agree with reincarnation. I'm not a big believer in the pearly gates and all, but for all I know that's how it is. With intuitions that we have, maybe they could be from past lives. For instance, I'm deathly afraid of the ocean. I have no reason to be. Never had a bad experience with water at all, but for some reason I just can't bear to even stand the thought of it. I get an almost drowning feeling just being near the ocean, which leads me to believe that I probably drowned in a past life. Maybe I'm wrong in that theory, but it's the only reasonable one I got.

Thanks, it was definitely a good time seeing what people had to say and having them share their experiences.
Yeah, it would make a lot of sense as to why you are so freaked out about water, when you have never had a bad experience in this life.
I could be wrong to with my beliefs and thoughts in that thread, but to me they are the only reasonable theories that make the most sense out of this crazy and strange universe we live in.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yfactor1980
Is there life after death.

2nd

This is pretty much the single most important thing to humanity so I'll agree with that.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

The Matrix, think about it and you'll start to reconsider the way you think who we are.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
That Jesus Christ was just a really good salesman.

Oh, what a change to the world that would be...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Mine would have to be, what is the purpose of life?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
One thing...that's hard. I guess it would have to be finding out if all the madness going on today, the wars, murders, rapes, stealing, hatred, and every other vile and disgusting act perpetrated by humans on fellow humans and our precious earth someday ends, and humans learn to love, live, and learn from the history and actions of our forefathers and ourselves, act upon that learning so that our world survives, as well as mankind.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Life after death? I suppose, but since we're all going to get there, we'll find out eventually.
Reckon what i want to know personally...is, is it going to hurt?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I agree with My Endica. I'd like to know the whole truth about the entire history of the Earth. Are we the most advance civilization to arise or just another in the line of the iterations of mankind? Did we evolve here or were we brought/stranded/seeded/colonized here? Is the Earth billions or thousands of years old? Did we walk alongside Dinosaurs or are we separated by 65 million years? Etc....

--Apex

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join