It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Third Party voters on ATS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
DU article on the "Lesser of two evils":
www.democraticunderground.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Personaly I would rather wipe my ass with my vote than cast it with either of them.

As someone else already said the lesser of two evils is still evil, so does it really matter if tweedle dumb or tweedle dumber gets it? Either way I have a man in the white house that I do not believe in and have for me voted a lie. I see no real difference between either of the two, whichever of them that is elected things will pretty much go on as before, more freedoms will be taken away, more taxes laid on us, more brainwashing, more meddling in other countries affairs,etc.

I will not stand by and watch the land that I and my father and his father and his father etc have fought for, the land of my family, the land that I love so much go to hell without a fight.

You can vote for the lesser of two evils

I will vote for who I think is the right man, its the only way I could look at myself in the mirrior the next day.

If we keep saying it can never happen it wont, it has to start sometime and for me, at least, the sometime is now

I will not degrade or namecall anyone else for their choice we all must do what we think is right whither someone else thinks we are wasting it or not

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Good post Flinx. Unfortunately some people just don't know, or refuse to believe, how the system works, and will continue to throw their vote away. Then, ironically, complain about the government!

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
'Don Guillermo,' I would like to hear your opinion on Lyndon H LaRouche, Jr if you have one I�ve read a lot about him from his websites, to me he seems a very intelligent man with interesting ideas, seeing this is a thread about third parties or anyone elses for that matter

[edit on 7-8-2004 by Sauron]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
'Don Guillermo,' I would like to hear your opinion on Lyndon H LaRouche, Jr if you have one I�ve read a lot about him from his websites, to me he seems a very intelligent man with interesting ideas, seeing this is a thread about third parties or anyone elses for that matter

I really don't know anything about LaRouche. My impression is that he is a crackpot, but I do not have any facts to base that impression on. I once saw some videotape of him giving a combination speech and press conference. There were only one or two reporters in the audience. They could have easily been supporters.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Good post Flinx. Unfortunately some people just don't know, or refuse to believe, how the system works, and will continue to throw their vote away. Then, ironically, complain about the government!

The US is unique in its 2 party system. It's time for the States to crawl out of the dark ages and embrace new thought and that includes more parties. It's starting, you can't stop it. 3rd party people, you have to keep at it though, municipal, state levels, not just on federal election years.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Sorry if this has been covered, but I was so furious with the "wasted vote" comments that I HAD TO GET THIS OUT BEFORE I CHOKED SOMEONE.

Third party votes are NOT wasted. What you are missing is the fact that matching funding is based on a percentage of votes a party's candidate received in the last election. As we all know, money equals votes. So as the votes grow for the smaller parties, the more money they get for the next election which equals more money which equals more votes.
Eventually this will lead to even more legitimacy for the other parties. And will force the two sides of the same coin to recognize they no longer have a monopoly on our government.

I have for the last 12 years voted 3rd party and will continue to do so. My vote is not wasted because I will vote for the person who best represnts me. I don't voted based on who I think has the best chance of winning. In our democracy the ideal of voting for a candidate who will represent YOU is what it's all about.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Why would anyone say that a third party vote is a wasted one? I am as angered by this statement as my colleagues are. Voting is our way, as American citizens, to voice our opinion.

Participating in politics dosen't require any education, thought, or anything other than just having an opinion. (How you arrive at that opinion may require education or thought or etc...) By voicing our opinion in favor of a third party, we are saying we don't support the corruption and problems of the major two parties in America. Jumping on a bandwagon like this angers me greatly!
(I guess you could call it my pet peeve ) Why would you want to stick with "the winning team" if in the end they are just losers?

[edit on 8/14/2004 by lockheed]

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I have even heard people say that they were waiting to see who was gonna win so there vote would not be wasted, it sounded funny till I thought this is just taking this line of thought out its logical end, in other words the only votes NOT wasted are the ones for the winner

I would rather lose with a winner than win with a loser myself

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join