It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Sighting of the Conewago Phantom - Adams County, PA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
New Sighting of the Conewago Phantom

There was a new sighting on Sunday May 8th. There have been 4 reported sightings in an approximate 8 square mile area to date. 3 of the sightings have occurred since 2008.

Sir - on Sunday, May 8th at dusk I was traveling east on Hunterstown Rd. Rt. 394 towards Hampton, PA. Just before I started to cross Conewago Creek I plainly saw a large creature with wings fly over the bridge in front of me. It was about 100 ft. in front of the car. The creature was dark in color and was as big as a full grown adult human....

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I don't know what in the heck that is, but I just hope it is not anywhere near me
S & F

edit on 11-5-2011 by JoeDaShom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Sounds similar to the Mothman stories. Thanks for sharing, this is the first I have heard of this cryptid.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
There seems to be a lot of similarities between the 'phantom' and older reports around this region of the US of "mothman" type phenomena. I can already draw connections. Check out the descriptions of the 'creature' or whatever it is...

Also, I find it rather interesting that the sightings are pretty much confined along the creek. However, this could be mere coincidence because I would expect most people to stay near the creek with out exploring/camping etc.

I do think there is a reasonable probability we have something here. I also am very open to the possibility this is a bona fide cryptid.

If the reports are true and even "partially" accurate, we are dealing with a unknown here.

I realize people will blow this off, play it down, pretend it's a deer or bear or whatever, but I will probably ignore them because they were not there and have no clue what they are talking about. However at the same time, it is possible that the eyewitnesses are exaggerating or embellishing a bit. So it goes both ways.

I have seem some extremely inexplicable 'things' in my life so I know there is a high probability that this could actually be legit. I would love to see photographic proof or something similar, but at the same time, if this thing is real and out there roaming around it is such a massive discovery and blow to the scientific community that I would not be surprised if there was an active cover up of any potential evidence that may surface.

The implications and ramifications of something like this being real are astounding. So a cover-up is not out of the question. But to cover something up they need something to cover.

It's 50-50. Either it's real or it's not. It is definitely possible. Stranger things exist.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Sounds similar to the Mothman stories. Thanks for sharing, this is the first I have heard of this cryptid.

Yeah that was my first thoughts once I heard them say this in the article linked:

The creature was dark in color and was as big as a full grown adult human. I looked in the direction in which it flew but I lost sight of it.

Mothman = humanoid and capable of flight.

a few of the boys in his troop had witnessed what they described as a 'dragon' that was 6 foot tall with wings and a tail....but looked like it had fur or feathers.

Fur or feathers? Moths look both "furry" and "feathery" mixed. If you have ever caught a moth you will know exactly how this combination is a decent description.

It has a mothman feel to it from top to bottom.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dac5ccc6ecde.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is a description from Itsnature.org

The Mothman was described by several eye witnesses as a human sized man with large red eyes that were reflective in nature and moved about with the use of moth like wings.

Many said that the Mothman didn’t appear to have a head and it looked like the large eyes may be set into the upper chest region.

That's really odd. I wonder if the eyewitnesses of the Conewago Phantom think these descriptions are anything similar?

I checked 5-6 other websites and all of them are giving extremely similar 'Mothman' descriptions.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I remember being younger and hearing stories about the mothman in west virginia and the goatman in maryland... I honestly thought they might come on up the PA and chill outside my bedroom at night.... scared the bejeezus out of me for quite a while.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I'm not too awfully far from there!
I will keep my eyes open.
But so far I haven't seem a single UFO, Thunderbird, Sasquatch or anything up here!

top topics

join