It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A personal Gun story you won't see on the news!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I have a story too! I am a female in Atlanta, and bought some property to rehab in the city limits. I was over at the property one day painting and heard a noise outside. I was there by myself, my hubby had to work, and I told him I would be ok. This was my second property in the area and I knew what a rough area it could be. My husband is former Air Force and had taught me how to shoot. I owned a big canon Ruger P-58 that I carried (I am licenced) Anyway, when I heard noise outside, since the door was open since the power was not on yet, I moved quickly to see what was going on. I looked out and saw a fella standing outside looking around. I asked him if I could help him. He said that he was over here yesterday and thought he dropped something. The property is a duplex, and both sides were unoccupied at the time, so I knew he was lying. So I told him I was the owner and asked him to leave. He started looking around and walking toward me, I guess he was trying to intimidate me. I kept my gun in the waist band of my jeans when I was rehabbing just something was to happen. I kept my eye on him and asked him in a very calm voice if he was sure he wanted to do that (walk up on me) and at the same time I pulled up my T-shirt enough for him to see the Ruger. He glanced down, saw my weapon and thought better of his situation. He left me in peace and I never had anymore problems at that location. I am glad I did not have to pull my gun on him, I am a reasonably good shot, but the hollow points that are loaded in my gun may have killed him.
edit on 12-5-2011 by summerbreeze.ddp because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2011 by summerbreeze.ddp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I think that guns or carrying weapons for protection are a great thing.

Worked for this guy.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

I grew up in illinois, i wasn't in to guns at the time but knew about the FOID card and the like. I ended up moving to NC at 20 and when i turned 21 went and got myself a bersa .380 thunder (great beautifully operating little gun). You shoulda looked at the sheriff's face when i asked about getting a FOID card, it was bewilderment and amusement, quite comical. I have since looked back on IL gun laws and am happy i got out of there. Ended up getting my CC here and am happy with it and eventually my wife got it as well. IL gun legislation are closer to nazi germany than USA.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

way too many pages Stars and Flags included... TG your ok.. thank Glock..!

my adventure into legal carry-life was similar, but had a much worse ending.. i was fired upon..

less then 30 feet away.. they fired 2 times,, i got off one.. they missed.. i did not..

can anyone tell me~ 25 years later~~,, why i still have nightmares about a man choking on his own blood..

i support carry laws-- i believe i would not be here to raise sons, had things gone different ..

but even being right,, cleared of charges,,, stable-ish,,lol ,,, i still regret ending another's life..

did he deserve it? not for me to know...

would i do it again?? i would not wait for the second shot- firing at me...

life is good... i'm kinda addicted to living..

oh i know nobody will ever see this.... but U2U me if you know what i'm talking about..

Darrman

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Here's another reason to have a gun for protection

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Seems that you handled the situation in a good manner.
I have a black belt in Taekwondo courtesy ot the U.S.Army.
I am a small person in my late 60's. Lucky if I can walk anymore.
I take a bulldog everywhere I go. His breed, Charco Arms 357 Bulldog Pug.
Everyone would react differenty. I would unleash him in a heartbeat! :flame

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by 43LEO729

I used to work with an 80 year guy that used to be israeli military and fought alongside Moshe Dayan.
He had pictures with him on a tank to prove it.
In any case this guy would always carry his revolver with him everywhere he went.

Sounds like you should to if allowed in your state.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Good story, and I'm very glad it ended well. Unfortunately I live in the oppresive state of Illinois, that unconstitutionally does not allow law abiding citizens to defend themselves. But, I do have a Florida CCW license that allows me to carry in something like 32 states. I never used to care when it could be a fight or flight type of situation, but now I have a family and 2 very young children to defend, so whenever we travel out of state, I'm always packin my XDM 45 with a Crossbreed Supertuck holster. Very comfortable. Just hope I never have to use it.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Glad your safe, but even a non-hollow point can ruin someones day if you know how to shoot.

I think as long as someone remains calm, they will be able to handle a situation like this, but when the adrenal glands kick in, even at close range shots are not accurate.

Most important thing someone can do it commit to muscle memory, what this mean is practice, practice, practice and learn from an experience gun instructor, this way no bad habits develop.

Great stories in this thread.

Originally posted by summerbreeze.ddp
I am glad I did not have to pull my gun on him, I am a reasonably good shot, but the hollow points that are loaded in my gun may have killed him.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Tantalizing story! And a great outcome. Would make a great book, just next time, make sure you post some pictures of this hot lil wife of yours! ( j/k )

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

Originally posted by 43LEO729

I used to work with an 80 year guy that used to be israeli military and fought alongside Moshe Dayan.
He had pictures with him on a tank to prove it.
In any case this guy would always carry his revolver with him everywhere he went.

Sounds like you should to if allowed in your state.

Hello Grey, nice to meet you.
Yes I do live in a carry State in the suburbs of a city
known for its number of superbowl rings.I take my bulldog
everywhere I go and take nothing for granted in this society.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Great story, especially that you didn't have to shoot any of them...

If it was me and my wife, at seeing how those three perps were preparing to do what looked like gang rape, I would have just shot all 3 of them and been done with it..

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
You should have got their licence plate #.

I bet they have robbed/raped/murdered someone before this. Why else would they be out looking for prey?

There is like a 95% chance there is prior "hidden" crimes they have committed that they are not being held accountable for. Who knows how many dead women they are responsible for?

Anyways I would have had the cops all over them personally.

Too bad you didn't get that info....these are predators and are still out in society probably hurting someone as we speak.

This crap pisses me off to no end honestly. THANK GOD you had a firearm buddy!

I am very happy that you and your wife escaped that situation unharmed.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 43LEO729

Yeah man. Amazingly there are good people in the world. However you gotta be on the lookout for those that aren't.
Stay safe.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Great story and I'm glad it ended well! Carrying guns is illegal where I live sadly. I think without being able to carry guns where you live, it's important to be able to protect yourself without them.

That story about the guy with the knife and people playing victim...and how most people just turn into statues, it's understandable. But what a lot of people don't realise it is actually pretty easy to take someone down with a knife, if you know how to.

My point is you have to know what you would do in advance. A little bit of training may save your life one day.

To me the key is knowing that it's useless to deny the gravity of a situation. When you have to act, act.

Very impressed how you handled this OP.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
In this personal gun story an imaginary gun would have been just as effective and it would never have been used against you. I always carry my imaginary gun and it has frightened off several would be attackers.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I would rather get busted for carrying a firearm when it's illegal than let my wife die at the hands of psychopaths.

If it's against the law to carry protection, I guess that law is unreasonable and needs to be broken. Sorry but either you "follow the law" and die a horrible death, or you can break the law and survive to pay your fine.

I know that's pretty harsh but that's just reality. You gotta pick the lesser of two evils.

And people thinking that karate or whatever is plenty for protection are making themselves vulnerable to those who do carry weapons illegally and are willing to use them to commit crimes against innocent people.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

I've seen the imaginary gun work a couple times.
It's all well and good until you meet the guy with a real one.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

My Dear Sir, this is one great story! Believe me I shall use it and retell everytime I shall hear one of those "stupid Americans and their guns" stories. I live in Europe, Poland, and it is a common belief Americans are stupid and their guns regulations make them a violent nation. I strongly disagree and with every opprortunity explain many pluses of an intelligent and responsible person having a gun to defend his family.

Bravo!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Intense story O.P ... ...we got robbed straight up lol...me and my friend were hanging out on the side of a beautiful sunset road smoking a cigarette and what not....boom come two older guys...claiming they were POLICEMEN ..they took our mobile phones and our money..oh and the car keys so that we wouldn't follow them...we were so scared that we didn't even try to remember their license plate numbers... stranded on the road with no keys and mobiles...finally found someone on the streets got their mobile number and called MOM...

PS: WE ARE WIMPS...oh and if i were facing the OP's situation i probably would have had a heart attack before theyeven tried to do something
edit on 12-5-2011 by Noobastronomer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join