It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A personal Gun story you won't see on the news!!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by wasco2
I may have put this story on ATS before but this seems like a good place for it.

In the early 1980s I functioned as a property manager in Savannah, GA for some commercial investment property my mother owned. O

30 years ago is not relevant to today. 30 years ago people were not riding scooters in isolated parks.

This is the problem. People react to today's situations with what they were taught 30 years ago. 30 years ago a full 1/3 of Americans weren't even born yet.

Get over what your parents taught you. That's old school nonsense!

You know what? 40 years ago the next door city killed a man for being a certain type of person. Why is no one prosecuting that neighborhood and city for muder? Murder has no statute of limitations. There are reports that the whole town showed up for this public execution of a man who had no trial.

Forget what you learned 30 years go. Its not relevant to today.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Los Lobos pulls this crap in every thread. I don't give him the time of day any more.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LosLobos
30 years ago is not relevant to today.

Wrong. The situation I was is in is entirely relevant to today. Criminals still prey on the helpless, though they tend to be more violent and barbaric today than then. Guns still kill and defend people today. My home defense gun is still a .357 Magnum.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I don't think you have been paying attention?

#1 I would quickly recognize law enforcement. The State doesn't hire people with no teeth, and they have a certain look and demeanor.

Instead of what you WOULD DO, let's examine some real world situations.

We already know interracial relationships are a reality. Let's say some white wife is assualting her husband because she is stone cold nuts. Then you walk in seeing the Muslim man defending himself from a knife weilding lunatic hell bent on sending him straight to his virgins.

WHO ARE YOU GOING TO SHOOT FIRST?

You don't know what is going on but something is definetly going on in your mind.

So now a cop shows up and sees a man with a gun, a man dead from a gun shot wound, and a white woman claiming they both tried to rape her.

We don't need RAMBO'S in this country.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by wasco2

Great story. This might be a good time to remind gun owners that if you ever have to draw on someone to defuse a situation, call the police and file a report immediately after. This will give you legal protection in case the BG decides to call the cops and lie through his teeth about what went down. It ends up being one person's word against the other and whoever calls the cops first gets an advantage.

Also always keep your gun clean. If he says you took a shot at him, a clean gun will prove him a liar.

Most of you know this, but it's worth the reminder.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
reply to post by getreadyalready

Los Lobos pulls this crap in every thread. I don't give him the time of day any more.

Except this one time right?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I may have put this story on ATS before but this seems like a good place for it.

In the early 1980s I functioned as a property manager in Savannah, GA for some commercial investment property my mother owned. One of the buildings had a topless bar run by a Vietnamese immigrant in one half of the downstairs. For a couple of years she paid rent on time with no problem. When she stopped paying rent she started dodging me. Finally I called the bartender and asked her when the owner would be there. I was told she would be there at 11:00pm and I was there waiting for her. She didn't make excuses and handed me a check for all she owed and gave me the drink I had been nursing waiting for her on the house.

I left and got in my car to head to my home in the islands east of Savannah. The bar was in a part of town I wouldn't normally go to at night and although I wasn't really expecting trouble I had brought my licensed .357 magnum revolver. My car was a 1981 Camaro with T-top roof. Since it was a cool clear night I took the roof panels out and stowed them in their bags in the trunk. I had only gone a couple of blocks and was waiting at a Stop sign for traffic to clear when a black guy in flamboyant pimp attire popped out of the shadows at the entrance to a bar and asked me if I wanted a girl. I told him no thanks I didn't want a girl.

He walked to the edge of the sidewalk and proceeded to ask me if I wanted drugs, gambling, or a boy. I told him no to all but being a diligent capitalist entrepeneur he wasn't going to take no for an answer. He stepped off the curb and up to the passenger door saying, "Man, you got to at least come see these girls" and grabbed my door handle. When he grabbed the door handle I pulled the .357 Magnum from where I had put it between the seat and the transmission tunnel telling him, "I told you no. Now let go of my door handle". He let go of my door handle like it was red hot and put both hands in the air. With the hands still up he backed up to the curb and on to the sidewalk repeating, "It's cool, it's cool, it's cool". Then he bolted around the corner and was gone.

The gun at the very least got me out of a potentially dangerous situation. No shots were fired and no one was hurt. Without it he would have been in my car and it's a certainty he was armed with something. He never threatened me but once he had me on his turf on his terms things might have been different.

Many, many times the presence of gun defuses a bad situation with no one getting hurt. Most of the 2 million times a year people use a gun to defend themselves no shots are fired. When the tables are turned on a common street criminal and their prey becomes a threat they usually cease to think about anything except getting out alive. I should note I never even pointed the gun against this guy. All he had to was see it to realize he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Finally, someone who used a gun in a wrong and unnecessary manner.

The pimp wasn't going to do anything too you. He would have been in your car and what...walked you to where his girls were at?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
reply to post by wasco2

Great story. This might be a good time to remind gun owners that if you ever have to draw on someone to defuse a situation, call the police and file a report immediately after.

Why would they call the cops when all they NEED to do is rely on their "spidey sense" to be judge, jury and executioner?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Good points.

I didn't call the police because I was pretty certain he wouldn't. And what would he tell them, "Some big scary looking white guy in a hot rod camaro pulled a gun on me. No, I don't know his name. No, I don't know where he lives. No, I don't have a tag number. No, you can't see what's in my pockets"?

And all my guns are always clean unless I'm on my way back from the range.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

In the early 1980s I functioned as a property manager in Savannah, GA for some commercial investment property my mother owned. One of the buildings had a topless bar run by a Vietnamese immigrant in one half of the downstairs. For a couple of years she paid rent on time with no problem. When she stopped paying rent she started dodging me. Finally I called the bartender and asked her when the owner would be there. I was told she would be there at 11:00pm and I was there waiting for her. She didn't make excuses and handed me a check for all she owed and gave me the drink I had been nursing waiting for her on the house.

I left and got in my car to head to my home in the islands east of Savannah. The bar was in a part of town I wouldn't normally go to at night and although I wasn't really expecting trouble I had brought my licensed .357 magnum revolver. My car was a 1981 Camaro with T-top roof. Since it was a cool clear night I took the roof panels out and stowed them in their bags in the trunk. I had only gone a couple of blocks and was waiting at a Stop sign for traffic to clear when a black guy in flamboyant pimp attire popped out of the shadows at the entrance to a bar and asked me if I wanted a girl. I told him no thanks I didn't want a girl.

He walked to the edge of the sidewalk and proceeded to ask me if I wanted drugs, gambling, or a boy. I told him no to all but being a diligent capitalist entrepeneur he wasn't going to take no for an answer. He stepped off the curb and up to the passenger door saying, "Man, you got to at least come see these girls" and grabbed my door handle. When he grabbed the door handle I pulled the .357 Magnum from where I had put it between the seat and the transmission tunnel telling him, "I told you no. Now let go of my door handle". He let go of my door handle like it was red hot and put both hands in the air. With the hands still up he backed up to the curb and on to the sidewalk repeating, "It's cool, it's cool, it's cool". Then he bolted around the corner and was gone.

The gun at the very least got me out of a potentially dangerous situation. No shots were fired and no one was hurt. Without it he would have been in my car and it's a certainty he was armed with something. He never threatened me but once he had me on his turf on his terms things might have been different.

Many, many times the presence of gun defuses a bad situation with no one getting hurt. Most of the 2 million times a year people use a gun to defend themselves no shots are fired. When the tables are turned on a common street criminal and their prey becomes a threat they usually cease to think about anything except getting out alive. I should note I never even pointed the gun against this guy. All he had to was see it to realize he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The pimp wasn't going to do anything too you. He would have been in your car and what...walked you to where his girls were at?

Since drug-dealing pimps are generally such trustworthy people, right?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Instead of what you WOULD DO, let's examine some real world situations.

We already know interracial relationships are a reality. Let's say some white wife is assualting her husband because she is stone cold nuts. Then you walk in seeing the Muslim man defending himself from a knife weilding lunatic hell bent on sending him straight to his virgins.

You don't know what is going on but something is definetly going on in your mind.

So now a cop shows up and sees a man with a gun, a man dead from a gun shot wound, and a white woman claiming they both tried to rape her.

We don't need RAMBO'S in this country.

Well lets see, I come upon a scene where a woman is attacking someone with a knife, black, white, red, green doesn't matter, the only one that is a danger at the time is the knife wielder. And why is someone now dead? you assume people with guns shoot first before trying to defuse a situation. That has been proven false with the OP's story as well as several others. Not one person so far has said "yeah I wiped out my pistol and shot him" or anything similar. Though I do agree we don't need military armed people killing other people in a post traumatic stress delusion aka Rambo.
edit on 12-5-2011 by Slade88green because: Didnt post the quote properly

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

It really is an unncessary situation. He saw them and put his finger on the trigger. His first thought was some movie and that nothing good could come from this situation. When if FACT, it could have just been good samaritans trying to help a lady stranded in the woods.

If that were me, and he approached me like that, I wouldn't help his wife next time. I would drive by and think if she dies then blame the OP. I'm not in the business of helping people only to have a gun drawn on me.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Why would they call the cops when all they NEED to do is rely on their "spidey sense" to be judge, jury and executioner?

Spoken like a true irrational anti. No one has been shot or even shot at in this thread. You think all gun owners are compensating for something and you really don't believe we have a right to defend ourselves. I'll bet you believe the 2nd Amendment is an anachronism and really only applies to organized militias anyway. I know a lot of gun owners and none of us believe a gun gives us some kind of divine right to take life. Most go out of their way to avoid or escape confrontation. By the same token if you threaten me or mine and I'm armed you will die. Most also accept their are violent lawless people out there who survive by taking from others. Gun owners have chosen not to be victims, or at least note easy ones. You don't want a gun? Great, I don't think you should have one. Just don't presume to tell me whether I can have one or not.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LosLobos

How about you answer it for all of us?

What is the right answer?

Do you call the cops and watch her stab him to death while you wait, and then make a great witness at the trial? Do you watch her try to stab him, while he overpowers her and stabs back, and then he claims self-defense and she isn't alive to testify about the prior abuse? Do you rush in unarmed and sacrifice your own body to defend the stranger and let your family mourn you as a foolhearty hero?

Maybe you just see a whole lot of trouble, and decide not to get involved and wander off like it never happened?

Please tell us the "right" answer, so we can all make better decisions in the future.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slade88green

Well lets see, I come upon a scene where a woman is attacking someone with a knife, black, white, red, green doesn't matter, the only one that is a danger at the time is the knife wielder. ]

Problem is you changed the whole scenario to fit your logic. I said the woman was attacking the Muslim man when you walked in. All you saw was a muslim man and a woman fighting about something. Even though the woman attacked him first.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Getreadyalready: Stop defending yourself. You are fueling the ignorant.Being a former Recon Marine and seeing the worst people the world has to offer- I give you kudos,Sir.You handled the situation as I know I would have and many others. Although I'm only 5'10 and 175 lbs...I believe your size and stature also made a big difference in this case. Had it been me- I would have had to pull my weapon. Not that I cant defend myself- I am a black belt in TaeKwonDo, Aikido and A brown belt in Jujitsu.I just would have considered the odds of taking out 2 full grown men and a sneaky woman with success and ensuring my wifes well being. You did the right thing based on your gut. Forget these idiots and their bashing And for those of you who want to critique his choice of weapon-I was shot with a .22 when I was a teenager. Wasnt a life threatening wound or even that serious by medical standards and it dropped me right quick and in a hurry and the burning was unbearable. So for those of you who live your sheltered lives in LaLa land and havent seen what the real world holds-Leave the man the F#*k alone.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LosLobos

He saw them and put his finger on the trigger.

I can't "mod" in my own thread, but there are plenty of others that will. If you continue to intentionally misrepresent the story, I will play it your way and "call the authorities."

I never put my finger on the trigger, I never pulled my weapon, they were never threatened, and if anything I was overly forward and friendly to put pressure on them to be the same, or make their intentions known.

It became quite obvious they weren't trying to help, but if they were trying to help, they had nothing to fear.

Now, what you are doing is called "trolling." Knock it off. I'm happy to debate you all day on facts and opinions, but I won't do it on hypotheticals and lies.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

The pimp wasn't going to do anything too you.

And you know this how? Pimps are criminals. Their crime of choice may not be violent but most are violent with their girls and anyone who threatens their livelyhood. His range of options clearly showed he was involved in more than just pandering. And I'd bet money he had at least a knife on him.

I'd say, and I think most will agree with me, I used the gun in an entirely appropriate manner. I should also note that today in Florida I could have shot him and been justified.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slade88green

Well lets see, I come upon a scene where a woman is attacking someone with a knife, black, white, red, green doesn't matter, the only one that is a danger at the time is the knife wielder. ]

Problem is you changed the whole scenario to fit your logic. I said the woman was attacking the Muslim man when you walked in. All you saw was a muslim man and a woman fighting about something. Even though the woman attacked him first.

And I'm saying it doesn't matter what the man looks like. If I come upon a scene like this its not like he has "Muslim" tattooed across his forehead. Even if he did, It doesn't change anything. It is still as simple as the only threat at the time is the woman with the knife

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

What is the right answer?

This is easy. I'm one man. I can't change the world. Just because you shoot someone to protect your wife doesn't mean the very next day the same thing won't happen. What makes anyone think if they shoot a deliverance person then the very next day a deliverance person won't try the same thing?

I'm calling the cops! Some perp is not like a deer you set up to be shot. If you shoot then chances are he won't die right away. And if I was him then I would be totally upset you tried to kill me. Then, I would make sure if I die some folks are coming with me.

I have children and grandchildren just like you. They love me and I love them. I'm not going to risk my life and their future because I want to play RAMBO on the weekends.

You can't save everyone. You can't even save your own wife when her TIME is up on this planet. That's out of our hands. No one can change the future.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join