It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A personal Gun story you won't see on the news!!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 412304

And the thing is, i dont need to make a bunch of stories up to prove that guns are bad. I can just turn on the news where people are getting shot and schools are getting massacred.

Guns aren't any more or less "bad" than the people that wield them. And the liberal news will always spin any story into why our rights should be taken away.

/TOA

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I disagree with people carrying firearms, having them legal is still giving the bad type of people more access to them. To be honest, people make me sick, i think its ridiculous how we even have to lock up our house when we arn't home so that some low life A-hole doesn't steal our possessions that we have worked for ourselves. I just don't get what goes through a persons head.

But in this situation, im glad you had your firearm. You handled the situation beautifully without even revealing your firearm. Kudos to you and your missus and i hope that you never have to use your firearm in action.
Stay safe man.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Very well played getready, and, very well written.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
reply to post by BioStatistic

f-ck, it sounds like they were ready to kidnap your wife, violate her, kill her and dump her somewhere, or mostly likely bury her, never to be seen again and end up a missing person statistic with no investigation.

you should have rid the world of those scum. this obviously wasn't the first time they have done this and they sound like opportunists or pre meditated serial rapist/murderers.

i know it might have been hard without endangering your wife, but you should have let it play out longer until they made a definite attempt on your wife, yelled at her to run and then start dropping bodies.

at the very lest you should have made them taste the fear of death, so next time they might think twice or God willing stop.

i feel bad, this is evil at it's worst form. the next girl might not be so lucky.

edit on 11-5-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

This guy is going to take on 3 people with god knows what kind of weapons in the truck while his wife is there on a bike and he has a .380 to do the deed. I don't think that would be smart. He did perfectly.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugger9787

You were wrong in what you did.
You should have let them make some stupid move of some sort, and then pulled your gun and either shot them dead or shot them wounded and called the law.
Shame on you for letting them escape to predatorize someone who does not have a gun.

That's completely ridiculous.Bad poster... no biscuit!

O.p. has no responsibility to keep any non gunners safe. O.p. was extremely conservative in his application of deadly force and was correct utilizing restraint and not provoking an incident. The"rapists" family could've made o.p.s life a living hell in the bleeding heart court system today. You've been warned "azzhats like this are about. Take responsibility for yourself and your family like an adult.
edit on 12-5-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
You did well and i've been in scary situations myself with people but i really wish you would have waited a little longer to see their intentions werewell what we all think them to have been then blasted them to hell or carved them into pieces.I'm just worried that these inbreds will do it to someone less fortunate or have done it to many others.Some poor girl could be next and who knows what sick intentions they had-I'm from a rough place and seen a lot of action but the thoughts of people like that roaming the streets preying on innocents makes me sick to the pit of my stomach.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by uSNUUZuLUUz

Oh please, the original poster is WEAK. If they wanted to shoot you they would have already done so. If they wanted to kidnap your girl, they would have already done so. You carrying a gun, didn't change the story one bit.

What if those poor fellows meant no harm at all? When they go to approach your girl, who is to say they weren't just trying to be friendly? Were you basing their threat on how they look? So what if they look scruffy, doesn't mean they are trying to kidnap your girl. And when you stepped up, they were probably, d** what the hell is up with this guy?

All you had to do, was walk up there, and say hello, or did you need anything. The problem would have dispersed. You could have kept your gun at home. If they wanted harm, they wouldn't have waited until u walked up there, and so they would have shot you when you were peeing behind the bushes.

I hate when people are so quick to "arms". USE YOUR MOUTH. Learn how to communicate. 99% of the problems, are because two sides can't talk, and so they break out their guns.

Basically you were a scared child when you saw those people approaching. And scared children don't need guns. Be a man, put the gun away. So you would really be ready to have a gun shoot out with the possibility of your girl ending up dead???? You really think you would be able to LIVE if all of the others had guns (3 vs 1)?????

1.) Stop jumping to conclusions, that this was a BAD situation. Just because you're rich, and ride bikes on the weekend, doesn't mean that every poor/scruffy person is out "to get you". Basically you felt scared because you were out of your nest egg.

2.) If u had time, and saw this situation go badly.. call the COPS.

You're f'n kiddin me:right ? When seconds count the cops are only minutes away:"
99% talk? Did you read the detroit post above yours? Yeah criminals are rational and can be convinced of the error of their ways by a polite discussion. gtfo!

Stop with all this vigilante justice. You don't know the whole situation, so you CANNOT be the JUDGE, JURY, AND Executioner.

3.) Live by the Sword / DIE by the Sword.... Keep packing heat, and you will die by GUNSHOT. Most criminals won't shoot at you, unless you are packing. Conversely if you carry a gun, and they have a gun, then they WILL SHOOT AT YOU.

Are you counting on a miscreants ethics of fair play???????? (I'll rape you; but no gun; I won't shoot you!??????????????????

you truly have no clue.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

I dissagree with the whole "guns arnt bad, people are bad" statement. Guns dont MAKE people bad but they sure as hell help the bad people out.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
It would help us picture what happened better if we had pics of the wife and the .380

Guns are so icky

edit on 12-5-2011 by Meatman because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2011 by Meatman because: no reason

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by subject x
reply to post by earthdude

I've seen the imaginary gun work a couple times.
It's all well and good until you meet the guy with a real one.

Agreed, his imaginary gun is writing checks that his ass can't cash

Just saying

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I just got a chance to watch the video, that was GREAT!

Those guys obviously followed him that whole time, talking trash, and then once the gun came out, they tried to play nice?

Thanks for posting that!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanishr

wait... you cant even get aluminum bats in the uk.....i had never heard of that i knew about the guns and that there not fond of knives but really bats of all things never would have thought about it

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

reply to post by The Old American

I dissagree with the whole "guns arnt bad, people are bad" statement. Guns dont MAKE people bad but they sure as hell help the bad people out.

I disagree. Bad people can do their work with anything. They don't need guns. Guns help the GOOD people out!

Here is an all too often quoted (and misquoted) take on why guns are the cornerstone of civilization.

Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force. If you want me to do something for you, you have a choice of either convincing me via argument, or force me to do your bidding under threat of force. Every human interaction falls into one of those two categories, without exception. Reason or force, that's it.

In a truly moral and civilized society, people exclusively interact through persuasion. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction, and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some.

When I carry a gun, you cannot deal with me by force. You have to use reason and try to persuade me, because I have a way to negate your threat or employment of force.

The gun is the only personal weapon that puts a 100-pound woman on equal footing with a 220-pound mugger, a 75-year old retiree on equal footing with a 19-year old gang banger, and a single guy on equal footing with a carload of drunk guys with baseball bats. The gun removes the disparity in physical strength, size, or numbers between a potential attacker and a defender.

There are plenty of people who consider the gun as the source of bad force equations. These are the people who think that we'd be more civilized if all guns were removed from society, because a firearm makes it easier for a [armed] mugger to do his job. That, of course, is only true if the mugger's potential victims are mostly disarmed either by choice or by legislative fiat-- it has no validity when most of a mugger's potential marks are armed.

People who argue for the banning of arms ask for automatic rule by the young, the strong, and the many, and that's the exact opposite of a civilized society. A mugger, even an armed one, can only make a successful living in a society where the state has granted him a force monopoly.

Then there's the argument that the gun makes confrontations lethal that otherwise would only result in injury. This argument is fallacious in several ways. Without guns involved, confrontations are won by the physically superior party inflicting overwhelming injury on the loser.

People who think that fists, bats, sticks, or stones don't constitute lethal force watch too much TV, where people take beatings and come out of it with a bloody lip at worst. The fact that the gun makes lethal force easier works solely in favor of the weaker defender, not the stronger attacker. If both are armed, the field is level.

The gun is the only weapon that's as lethal in the hands of an octogenarian as it is in the hands of a weight lifter. It simply wouldn't work as well as a force equalizer if it wasn't both lethal and easily employable.

When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation... and that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act.

By Marko Kloos (not Maj. Caudill)
(Thanks ZindoDoone for correcting that.)
edit on 12-5-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Oh please, the original poster is WEAK. If they wanted to shoot you they would have already done so. If they wanted to kidnap your girl, they would have already done so. You carrying a gun, didn't change the story one bit.

What if those poor fellows meant no harm at all? When they go to approach your girl, who is to say they weren't just trying to be friendly? Were you basing their threat on how they look? So what if they look scruffy, doesn't mean they are trying to kidnap your girl. And when you stepped up, they were probably, d** what the hell is up with this guy?

All you had to do, was walk up there, and say hello, or did you need anything. The problem would have dispersed. You could have kept your gun at home. If they wanted harm, they wouldn't have waited until u walked up there, and so they would have shot you when you were peeing behind the bushes.

I hate when people are so quick to "arms". USE YOUR MOUTH. Learn how to communicate. 99% of the problems, are because two sides can't talk, and so they break out their guns.

Basically you were a scared child when you saw those people approaching. And scared children don't need guns. Be a man, put the gun away. So you would really be ready to have a gun shoot out with the possibility of your girl ending up dead???? You really think you would be able to LIVE if all of the others had guns (3 vs 1)?????

1.) Stop jumping to conclusions, that this was a BAD situation. Just because you're rich, and ride bikes on the weekend, doesn't mean that every poor/scruffy person is out "to get you". Basically you felt scared because you were out of your nest egg.

2.) If u had time, and saw this situation go badly.. call the COPS. Stop with all this vigilante justice. You don't know the whole situation, so you CANNOT be the JUDGE, JURY, AND Executioner.

3.) Live by the Sword / DIE by the Sword.... Keep packing heat, and you will die by GUNSHOT. Most criminals won't shoot at you, unless you are packing. Conversely if you carry a gun, and they have a gun, then they WILL SHOOT AT YOU.

What planet do you live on? Things must work differently there.

1) Jumping to conclusions? I suppose that when you see a 6'6" 300# male with a knife running down the alley chasing a screaming woman you figure he is just out collecting for the Red Cross. Pleeaaasseee.
2) Call the Cops? Well I suppose that you could, they would have been there in time to call the meat wagon. Reaaallllly?
3) "Most criminals won't shoot at you unless you are packing" Your kidding right? "Oh excuse me Mr victim, would you happen to have a concealed weapon of some type.

You really should stop embarrassing yourself with such nutty logic.

Ok, I get it, you are kidding RIGHT? No? Oh come on now!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I liked the story of the business co-owner who let would-be thieves know he was waiting for them with a 12-gauge pump shotgun. I grew up in Kansas, and a lot of people hunted, and everyone I knew had shotguns in their house, including me and my dad. Nothing is scarier than the clack-clack of a shotgun being loaded with a round. That sound means someone will get shot if they continue what they are doing, and its intimidating. Once we got involved in a minor fender-bender(their fault) with a loudmouth guy who had 2 brothers with him. Words were said on both sides I admit, but the loudmouth said he was going to come to our house with his brothers and mess my dad up. He told the guy, if you try that, my 12-gauge pump will be by the door, and Im going to aim at the sidewalk in front of your feet, care to have buckshot in your legs?. Still want to come? When we got home, my dad loaded his shotgun a pump, and set it by the door. I loaded mine and set it next to my bedroom door. 20 min later a cop showed up, my dad knew most of them, and he asked to come in, and saw the shotgun leaned up near the door. He said he was checking for a gun because of the scuffle at the accident scene, said the loudmouth said my dad threatened him. My dad replied, yep, I told him if he and his brothers came here and started walking up the sidewalk, they would get buckshot thru the legs or worse. The cop confirmed the shotgun was fully loaded, and said, you meant it then huh? My dad said yep, and the cop said ok and left. Unsurprisingly the loudmouth and his brothers never came by.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Ok... That makes a good point and i do understand the theory about it, but answer one question. In America are civilians aloud to carry guns wherever they go? or just in designated places? i.e Private property, hunting range etc.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Ok... That makes a good point and i do understand the theory about it, but answer one question. In America are civilians aloud to carry guns wherever they go? or just in designated places? i.e Private property, hunting range etc.

It varies wildly from state to state and city to city. I am in Florida, and I have my concealed weapons permit, so I am allowed to carry just about everywhere, except for some odd reason, State Parks are restricted? I usually ignore that restriction, but I would be in trouble if I got caught with a concealed pistol out in the woods of a State Park. I can have it in a classroom at the Florida State University, but not in the woods?

Anyway, as some posters have pointed out, it is almost entirely illegal in Illinois, and Washington DC. In some states it must be concealed or you face penalties, in other states it must be in open view and it is illegal to conceal it.
Some states require "3 steps." In other words, you can have a gun, and a magazine, and bullets, but they can't all be together and useful, there has to be 3 steps to make it useable. For example, a gun in the glove box, and a loaded magazine in the console. Step 1 get the gun, step 2 get the magazine, step 3 put them together. It is a pretty stupid mess of laws depending on where you live.

In general, with my Florida CCW permit, I am authorized in about 32 states to carry it concealed without much restriction, but I still have to be careful from state to state.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
On carrying a gun, in Kansas it was legal to keep and use guns around your own property, in defense of someone in danger, and could openly carry a weapon if out hunting or fishing or riding horses, which I sometimes did carry a pistol. You could even openly carry a pistol into any store, altho most didn't. Im sure it varies by state, but in Kansas gun laws were very lax when I was growing up. Don't know how it is there now, since moving to NY.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 412304

In concealed carry states laws vary. In general, schools/school property, courts, government office buildings and public parks/playgrounds are off limits. Check CC laws for various states. No federal facility permits firearms carry except by Federal Officers, local police responding to emergencies, and facility security forces.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Forgot to mention in my story of the loudmouth, several years later we were at a Stewarts Shops getting gas, and the same guy with one brother drove up near us, and started yelling insults at us. We both got out of our truck and my dad leaned by the driver door, and I started walking towards the guys vehicle. He quit insulting us and drove off.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join