It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Death of Osama bin Laden: Results of the survey!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I actually chose 'neutral' in most of the poll questions. I think I only chose something else on one of them.

Reason why?

I'd be a fool to believe anything about Osama. As far as I know it's 100% fake.

I never met him personally or anything so anything is possible.

Edit to add : Oh a new poll - yay!

edit on 12-5-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by LosLobos

So you believe the Iranian government over the American government?

Is that what i said? I did not say anything besides ask a question - what about this?

So what if the Iranian government said the American government is the best government in the world? Would you believe that also? Some how I doubt you would believe that coming from Iran.

I would laugh actually, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad > Barack Obama

I just want to make sure I understand. You're saying a Mahmoud Ahmadinejad government is more credible than the American government?

Where did i say this? lol

You must truly hate the American government then. Which brings it back round full circle. Nothing they do will ever satisfy or convince a certain percentage of people.

Hate is an extreme word, I would say i dislike many of the Politicians Dem and Rep. Im not the kind of guy to dance in the street when anothr human being is executed without proven to be guilty.

This post really bugs me. Iran stones people to death but we should believe what they say about anything? When was the last time our government stoned someone to death

What does stoning have to do with the article?

But you're going to sit here and say our government should not be trusted but we should trust the Iranian government?

LOL did i say that we should trust the Iranian Government? This is news to me. The "put words in my mouth tactic" is FAIL.

Iran doesn't even give its own people a fair trial. At least here if you can't afford a lawyer they will get you one. Over there you don't get a lawyer but I'm suppose to believe what they say?

Yeah so they did not give Bin Laden a trial so am I suppose to believe what they say?

Exactly

edit on 12-5-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

This is unfortunate and worrisome. Increasingly, Americans are unable to separate fact from fiction. I believe a strong reason for this is that many Americans are unable to process information objectively and without political emotion. One's politics drive the person's "facts."

Here we have a case that is clear, and not because Obama says so, but because of the proponderence of facts:

1. A compound in the Pakistan suburbs not too far from Islamabad occured by U.S. Special Forces.
2. Pakistan is pissed about it.
3. Pakistan has 3 of Osama's wives in detention and questioning from the compound. If Osama was not there, why are his wives and eight of his younger children?
4. Why are the wives and children corraborating the story?
5. The Taliban held funerals for him? You think they don't have the means to know he is dead?
6. Al Qiada announced he was indeed killed and vowed revenge. Why have they not done this previously? Are they part of the conspiracy with the evil Muslim Obama? (sarcasm)
7. And, yes, Obama, his staff and the military all say so. Big truths like these are not so easily fabricated and lies not so easy to institutionalize.

I had been hopeful a member survey would show ATS members at large are far more intelligent and rational than the threads on the subject might have implied. But with only some 12% believing he was killed in most part just as the story goes, well that is almost frightening because it shows ATS is home mostly to the sorts of people its critics have tried to label us with: gullible, emotionally driven people people for whom conspiracy is a reflex, not a thoughtful outcome of rational and dispassionate analysis.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
One question raised, here, is ATS influencing main street way of thinking?, after the numerous post on Bin Laden death by government assassination, the numerous fact and discrepancies in the stories and the recollections of old news on the subject, I actually think that most ATS members are serious analyst and thinkers.

The ability to use hard facts, weight the pros and cons and come to a suitable results is what it matters.

In this site almost everybody is actually no following the given stories but questioning them.
edit on 12-5-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Well to be fair, most people frequenting this site would be distrustful of the Official Fairytale so I'm not sure how unbiased this really is but....

I'm glad that I'm not alone. over 9000 people and each question the majority went with the same answer I did.

Even if we are 100% wrong, this is great, this means a large chunk of the population is onto the government lies and will not believe things they say, just because they said it.

This is a major first step.

We're not alone, I'm seeing articles in quasi mean stream sources, basically saying the same thing, with so many changes to the story, how are we actually expected to believe any of it? i believe the AP is actually filing a freedom of information request to get the corpse photos.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

1. A compound in the Pakistan suburbs not too far from Islamabad occured by U.S. Special Forces. 2. Pakistan is pissed about it. 3. Pakistan has 3 of Osama's wives in detention and questioning from the compound. If Osama was not there, why are his wives and eight of his younger children? 4. Why are the wives and children corraborating the story? 5. The Taliban held funerals for him? You think they don't have the means to know he is dead? 6. Al Qiada announced he was indeed killed and vowed revenge. Why have they not done this previously? Are they part of the conspiracy with the evil Muslim Obama? (sarcasm) 7. And, yes, Obama, his staff and the military all say so. Big truths like these are not so easily fabricated and lies not so easy to institutionalize.

Ok I'll bite....
#1.... compound was so close to a base ID was required from all people entering the area, all people living there claim to have never seen Osama, and the video purported to be osama is actually the guy who owned the house

#2.... pakistan is pissed because some operation happened, on their soil, without their knowledge, this doesn't automatically make it a dead Osama. A compound was indeed raided.

#3.... How do we know Osama's "wives" were there and are confirming the story? Because the US government says so, and their proof is a horrifically badly photo shopped passport.

#4.... we don't know that they are. We have to trust the same government that says radiation is good for you

#5....the Taliban held a funeral back in 2001 when his death was officially announced

#6.... actually I'm pretty sure they didn't officially confirm that at all

#7.... Yes Obama said so. Just like he said he'd bring transparency to the White house, just like he said he watched the kill shot live on tv, just like he said it was a fire fight leading in and room to room. Just like he said Osama grabbed his gun, used a wife as a human shield, then started firing back.

I'd rather people be skeptical and ask questions and demand answers than blindly believe anything a government openly caught lying to their people says. But hey, I'm just an ignorant emotionally driving moron right?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Yeah sure these polls are fun, but the results are heavily skewed (and some what misleading) considering that most people who visit here already believe in conspiracy theories and don't ever buy the official story. It's one of the founding principles of this website so results should be taken with a grain of salt I think....

What was interesting though is that most folks don't think we killed him at all, even if we weren't being totally forthcoming with the story. The poll actually indicates most people think he died a natural death at some point over the last decade...

Ok- Can we use some logic here for once?

If he died years ago, there stands a very good chance that he was surrounded by people who were very close to him. In other words he didn't die without people knowing.

The man had 6 wives with some 25 off-spring scattered around the planet. Not to mention all of his fellow mujadeen who'd die for his cause. My point here is, there's no way in hell any of these people who were close to him would have sat back and let us, the USA- enemy #1- take all the credit for OBL's killing, knowing full well he died years ago in a cave somewhere...

Someone would've come out and said we didn't do it. Yet everyone close to him, including his family and terrorist network, all corroborate the story that, at least, we killed him.

There's absolutely no reason to think he died of natural causes before this raid other than it's the only option left that would make the conspiracy theory work. And then it makes no logical sense.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I'm sure you all realize that these survey results are extremely skewed and don't represent an accurate sample of our population right?

Drawing concrete conclusions from this survey is about as smart as putting full faith into a fox news or cnn hosted poll.

I thought we were denying ignorance, not promoting it.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

#5....the Taliban held a funeral back in 2001 when his death was officially announced

When did this happen?

And why hasn't it been made public?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I think on the balance of things, he was killed by the Seals on that raid. For it to be otherwise:

1. The President has lied
2. The personnel on the raid would have to be complicit.

What has really been gained...has he got more votes now....have they announced some new invasion..restriction on freedoms? They have humiliated Pakistan...supposedly a key ally.

I still want to hear from those on the raid, those who confirmed his DNA, those who confirmed his photo ID and the members of his family should be on TV to state where he has been since 2001. They did say they wanted to prove he was killed on the raid to shut conspiracy people up...didn't they?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
You know, 5000+ responses is a very large sample. I have seen medium size elections called after 5000 votes were cast. I have seen much smaller samples cited by the MSM as proof-positive that Americans feel a certain way. In short, this should be a headline, being trumpeted everywhere.

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Thank you for the results of the survey. Great sample of respondents too. It's the results like these that need to be published in studies and media based on a sample of individuals who are dedicated to uncovering the truth of Osama Bin Laden.

Mind you that the questions were well worded, although perhaps other related questions from members should have been added to the survey. That way we can create a further study on the results which may lead to more evidence and knowledge passed down to those who want to get to the bottom of the Government stories published to the public.

S&F for the post and thread

edit on 11-5-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: added text

edit on 11-5-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
You know, 5000+ responses is a very large sample. I have seen medium size elections called after 5000 votes were cast. I have seen much smaller samples cited by the MSM as proof-positive that Americans feel a certain way. In short, this should be a headline, being trumpeted everywhere.

Any thinking person will factor the source of the survey into the equation. When I hear of a CBS-News poll, I factor in that the respondents are largely of a mind-set. When I hear of a Fox-News poll, I do the same. But I do not automatically discount the poll.

I think in fact that it is quite impressive that ATS received 5000+ replies, while say, the NY Times polls quite often cite 800-1000 people surveyed.

Originally posted by brianmg5

I'm sure you all realize that these survey results are extremely skewed and don't represent an accurate sample of our population right?

Drawing concrete conclusions from this survey is about as smart as putting full faith into a fox news or cnn hosted poll.

I thought we were denying ignorance, not promoting it.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Hi everyone, (first post
)

I voted in this poll but was disappointed at the fact that there was no "OBL" never existed choice. I'm saying this because that man looks different in every damned appearance he made. Honestly I just think he's an actor, and he was used to cover all of those false flags. By dropping a rag doll in the sea, no wonder no pictures were released.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSecretSquirrel
This poll should be taken as a snapshot of what people that visit a conspiracy website think and nothing more. I don't think that it is revealing at all. Do a poll of people that go to church if they believe in God...

Now compare this sampling to that of the general population and the results would be more interesting.

Completely agree, the majority of people on ATS do not seem to trust what their government or media tell them so I'm not sure why the results would come as a surprise. Does it mean there are hard facts available that are being judged on? No. Does it mean people are expressing their distrust? Yes. Does it actually prove anything? No, just the opinions of people on ATS and to be honest, couldn't we all have guessed that.

Nothing against the poll itself, certainly helps this feel like a community, but as the supersecretsquirrel says, if you polled people in a church if they believed in God you won't get too many people saying no.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

quote]
Now with these results on this survey, there's just no way possible that Obama's rating of approval has gone up to 60 percent. This article says that it has, I find this very hard to believe. This has got to be a fixed poll and their trying to B.S. the people. When will the madness end?

AP-GfK poll: Obama approval hits 60 percent By LIZ SIDOTI and JENNIFER AGIESTA, Associated Press – 2 hrs 3 mins ago WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama's approval rating has hit its highest point in two years — 60 percent — and more than half of Americans now say he deserves to be re-elected, according to an Associated Press-GfK poll taken after U.S. forces killed al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden.
news.yahoo.com...

If he win's the next election, it will not be by an honest vote.

Yes something is rather fishy.
Rassmusen pols show more than half of Americans "disapproved" of Obama in the recent past except for two days where he got 51%
see daily history Here: www.rasmussenreports.com...

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll here:www.rasmussenreports.com...

29% Say U.S. Heading in Right Direction Talk about a vote of no confidence !!!

This is the really surprising poll:
50% Are At Least Somewhat Confident in U.S. Banking System
We have a lot more educating to do out there folks!

Generic Presidential Ballot
Obama 45%, Generic Republican 43%

Voters are fairly evenly divided over whether they want to give President Obama a second term in the White House.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that the president currently earns support from 45% of Likely Voters across the nation, while a Generic Republican attracts 43% of the vote...

Consistent with the results in 2008, Obama handily wins among voters under 40, the Republican wins among voters over 50, and 40-somethings are fairly evenly divided. The Republican candidate does best among middle-income voters, while the president is stronger among those who are in both upper-income and lower-income categories....

Eighty-four percent (84%) of Democrats prefer the president, while 81% of Republicans support the generic candidate from their party. Among voters not affiliated with either major party, 41% support Obama, and 38% are ready to vote Republican. One challenge for the president at this time is that the number of people who consider themselves Democrats today is down significantly from the fall of 2008.

The survey of 3,500 Likely Voters was conducted on May 2-7, 2011 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 2 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence.

t is important to note that results could change dramatically over the next year-and-a-half, particularly as perceptions of the economy change. The president currently receives good marks for his handling of national security issues following the killing of Osama bin Laden but weaker reviews on the economy.

Looks like ATS has a much larger sample size although the sample is very bias. ATS doesn't include as many the brainwashed sleepwalkers

edit on 12-5-2011 by crimvelvet because: add

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I didn't get to take the poll but I think one issue really needs evaluating by those who answer it... Look at #s 3 and 4. The statement is that Obama was killed earlier but his body was retained.... If that happened, why haven't we seen the body? Why did they hold onto this smoking gun and then, when they had the opportunity to parade it as PROOF of his death by the US military's hands (as the questions imply), decide not to show it at all?

There's no logic there. Remember, we haven't seen the body. Nor will we.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

Osama killed over 3000 unarmed Americans, so what if he was killed unarmed.

‘WHAT REAL AMERICAN WOULD EVEN CARE OR EVEN ARGUE THAT‘.

Some one who believes in the rule of law not men.

Or do you want "Justice" to be carried out by lynch mobs and the KKK from now on? The difference is only in the amount of power the leader has and nothing more.

The USA is different because it was to be rules by LAW not MEN! OBAMA just trashed that and turned the USA into a dictatorship where HE rules and not our laws. He should be impeached for this offense!

The fact US citizens do not understand this just shows how well the Dumbing Down of America is working.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperSecretSquirrel

you make it sound like everybody who comes here believe's 9/11 was an inside job. there are numerous people who believe one thing or certain things and not others. i see enough debunking in threads to know alot of people do not agree with what has been posted.

it is nothing like asking people who go to church, because everybody has the same belief and you would'nt go unless you believed, some people come here and say 9/11 was an inside job, but think chemtrails are crazy, others come here and post in the u.f.o. section but believe the offical version of 9/11. just because the site has conspiracies on it does not mean that all that come here believe them all or the same things, plus you get some here who would'nt believe a thing even if the evidence was slapping them in the face, their number one goal seems to be to try and debunk everything.

and by the way we are all members of the general public, why should our opinions be void? since when were we not a member of society?

edit on 12-5-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

The media propaganda will do anything to keep the nation looking like a shiny star, unemployment is down, jobs are created and the banking system is doing peachy.

And Obama have Osama killed for the American people.

I have learned so far that is nothing done by elite in power government that doesn't have a hidden agenda.
edit on 12-5-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Looks like ATS has a much larger sample size although the sample is very bias. ATS doesn't include as many the brainwashed sleepwalkers

edit on 12-5-2011 by crimvelvet because: add

Right, just the paranoid sheep who will believe anyone who rebels. Not to mention that most members here will always come up with the worst possible assumption on any given subject and then close their mind and defend said assumption until they're blue in the face.

Many people on this site think they know exactly what's going on in the world just because they question the "official" story. You deny the official story, but then you accept some crazy story with zero evidence instead. You deny ignorance on one level and openly accept it on another.

When's the last time you've questioned your own assumptions? Sought evidence to prove your SELF wrong. Considered the validity of those who don't agree with you? And the ultimate question; Are you laying your emotions aside when seeking the truth? because if you hate Obama, you're going to seek anything and everything that validates that emotion and vice versa. Be a scientist and not a rebel. Be objective and not emotionally invested.

This site has some interesting content and it's a good way to get fast alternative news but as far as it's main population goes, just black sheep bahhing at white sheep.
edit on 12-5-2011 by brianmg5 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join