It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian deaths in protests top 750

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Syrian deaths in protests top 750

www.freep.com

A human rights group reports that more than 750 people have been killed in Syria during a government crackdown in seven weeks of unrest.

Meanwhile, the U.S. is edging closer to calling for an end to the long rule of the Assad family in Syria.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

The military has been sealing off various areas of Syria and conducting house-to-house raids in searches for people whose names are on wanted lists. Many people fled cities and towns for fear of being detained by the Assad regime.

Frankly speaking, I'm a bit disappointed that I haven't seen this posted yet. This should be on top of all breaking news here, but it seems that Osama bin Laden has taken control of the MSM and hence, of ATS.

Hundreds of people have died in Syria in the last few weeks and this malicious dictator doesn't waver. He goes on to brutally crush down the rebellion.

www.freep.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Very sad news. I hope things change for the betterment of their people soon.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Enough is enough of this. I don't know, I'm angry. I'm really angry and I'm taking this to the streets, and this will be heard. ENOUGH DEATH, ENOUGH VIOLENCE. I don't know if I'll wake many people up, but if I can get a few people, I did something.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
750? More like 5.000 - 10.000...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDarkestHour
reply to post by Mdv2

Enough is enough of this. I don't know, I'm angry. I'm really angry and I'm taking this to the streets, and this will be heard. ENOUGH DEATH, ENOUGH VIOLENCE. I don't know if I'll wake many people up, but if I can get a few people, I did something.

You know what they say.. Peace Sells, but Who's Buying... love your avatar.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I wonder what the whole idea is behind all these rebellions in the middle east. Are they all coordinated and by whom and for what? I find it highely suspicious that suddenly everyone does not want their ruler after 30-40 years of power.

And if the government of libya and syria are anything to compare to, just imagine what the USA government will do any revolters when the american economy collapses and everything slips into chaos. Those FEMA camps and all that black budget alien technology will probably be put to the test.

If you can't undue a dictatorship in a third world country then what chance do you have in a first world country with tighter gun laws and a superior military? Probably zilt, unless the military sides with the people and brings down the government.

But then the military takes over and sooner or later some other tyrannical government gets elected by deceit or put into place covertly. Its a never ending search for liberty and peace although none are apparently attainable on this satanically alligned, alien infested planet. They want evil leaders and lots of dead people...no matter what it seems!

The battle is not against government(s)...its against evil, and the church is probably not what you think it is!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

edit on 5/11/2011 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
,see what he is up to,while the world is falling apart.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I dont support the Syrian rebels, protests, nor the fake libyan rebels, the libyan rebels aren't libyans they are hired western terrorists, and mercenaries, along with government agent operatives.

These so called uprisings in the middle east are created by the NGO groups to fulfill americas & elitist agenda.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
I dont support the Syrian rebels, protests, nor the fake libyan rebels, the libyan rebels aren't libyans they are hired western terrorists, and mercenaries, along with government agent operatives.

These so called uprisings in the middle east are created by the NGO groups to fulfill americas & elitist agenda.

Ah of course. You don't seriously think that these people gave their lives for "Western terrorists"? I am confident that Western intelligence agencies have helped instigating these rebellions. However, the fact that these movements enjoy great support says more about these country's leadership than it says about Western intentions.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Ah of course. You don't seriously think that these people gave their lives for "Western terrorists"? I am confident that Western intelligence agencies have helped instigating these rebellions. However, the fact that these movements enjoy great support says more about these country's leadership than it says about Western intentions.

This "support" is highly exaggerated by Western governments and their media.

As stated many times on ATS, when the US started claiming massive rebellions and heavy casualties in Libya, they were reporting only 1500 rebels tops (who happen to have links to Islamic extremist groups that we've been fighting all along). The rebellion skyrocketed after Western support.

Same thing in Syria. Difference in Syria is that they are able to crackdown on foreign incursion much more effectively than Libya, and after witnessing the events of Afghanistan, Iraq, Egypt, Tunisia, and Libya, who can blame them? These aren't humanitarian revolutions; they are Western reforms.
edit on 12-5-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

top topics

join