It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2011 in perspective

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

I'm letting the facts speak for themselves...if the facts happen to suggest that 2011 is an important/deadly year, that's not my fault or intent.

That is just saying you have no idea what the facts mean. As far as being a deadly - not true.

There's no agenda behind it, it is only meant to provide important facts in one quick glance.
It seems to me that it is you that has an agenda.

So you think that there is an agenda when I point out that you misrepresent facts and provide a thread with nothing but laundry lists with no value? Really?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

The disinfo comes from those that misrepresent. Disinfo comes from those that post laundry lists that are manipulated and then stand back and ask what do the facts suggests.

This thread was not derailed. The train stopped when it was shown that the basis for the thread was misrepresented data.

If you actually have something to add to the thread then please do.
edit on 31-8-2011 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

So you think that there is an agenda when I point out that you misrepresent facts and provide a thread with nothing but laundry lists with no value? Really?

You didn't point out I misrepresented facts...You accused me of doing that, gave examples and I shot them down. Then you kept at it. Seems agenda driven to me.

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by lestweforget

The disinfo comes from those that misrepresent. Disinfo comes from those that post laundry lists that are manipulated and then stand back and ask what do the facts suggests.

This thread was not derailed. The train stopped when it was shown that the basis for the thread was misrepresented data.

If you actually have something to add to the thread then please do.
edit on 31-8-2011 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

I'm not misrepresenting anything. You've said blatant lies. I have not. You've misrepresented what I have said. I have not done such to you.

Example of a blatant lie:

Disinfo comes from those that post laundry lists that are manipulated and then stand back and ask what do the facts suggests.

LIAR!
I have done no such thing. I never asked what the facts suggests. Anyone can go to the "member" tab under my name, click on "posts in thread" and see this is not true at all.

You're the only one that is manipulating data. GTFO.

edit on 31-8-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-8-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Here is the aftermath of Irene
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f0897b54ad9a.jpg[/atsimg]
No kidding!

What!? Talk about misrepresentation. You havve got to be kidding me.

ETA:
Billions of dollars in damage, and you post that? Vermont underwater, and you post that? People died, and you post that? I'm laughing at the superior intellect.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9779f92ee0dd.jpg[/atsimg]
www.thegrio.com...
edit on 9/1/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: ETA

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

You have not shot anything down. Keep dreaming.

Billions of dollars in damage, and you post that? Vermont underwater, and you post that? People died, and you post that? I'm laughing at the superior intellect.

Strawman arguments are pointless.

Irene was not as destructive as other storms. Fewer people died than in other recent storms.

What does any of this have to do with 2012?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

What does the photograph you posted have to do with the multi-state damage caused by Irene? And I don't actually remember referencing 2012 anywhere in this thread.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

What's so strange about a heat wave in July?

merriam-webster.com defines "strange" as

"not before known, heard, or seen"
www.merriam-webster.com...

And this summer's heatwave is the very definition of strange as at least 9000 records have been broken as of August 7th. It's a record heatwave. Here's an interview with Climatologist Heidi Cullen, senior research scientist with Climate Central, a journalism and research organization.

This summer of record breaking heat followed a spring that brought some of the most extreme weather on record. Climatologist Heidi Cullen writes, "It's time to face the fact that the weather isn't what it used to be."
www.npr.org...

Also:

July 2011 Heat Wave Breaks 9,000 Heat Records
www.thinkonthat.com...
Posted by NeilS on Aug 7, 2011 in Featured, U.S. News

Conversely:
In addition to yourself, others who are in a state of denial regarding the record setting weather trend include Rush Limbaugh:

Denying Existence Of Record Heat Wave, Limbaugh Suggests The Heat Index Is A Government Conspiracy
mediamatters.org...

So you're in good company.

Want to fight about it?

edit on 9/2/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

You have not shot anything down. Keep dreaming.

Strawman arguments are pointless.

Irene was not as destructive as other storms. Fewer people died than in other recent storms.

What does any of this have to do with 2012?

Can you point the readers to my "strawman argument". I just don't see it. I must have dropped it somewhere...

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

What does any of this thread have to do with 2012? The answer as corroborate is nothing.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

And this summer's heatwave is the very definition of strange as at least 9000 records have been broken as of August 7th. It's a record heatwave. Here's an interview with Climatologist Heidi Cullen, senior research scientist with Climate Central, a journalism and research organization.

I'm sure more records than that were broken. There are all sorts of records to break when it comes to weather and we set all sorts of records here all of the time from most precipitation on a given day and highs and lows and dew points and the list goes on and on.

What's so strange to break heat records in July? What's so strange to have a heat5 wave in July?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Can you point the readers to my "strawman argument". I just don't see it. I must have dropped it somewhere...

Keep looking. It's very obvious.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

What does any of this thread have to do with 2012? The answer as corroborate is nothing.

It's the year before 2012. duh.

Can you point the readers to my "strawman argument". I just don't see it. I must have dropped it somewhere... "Keep looking. It's very obvious."

You say keep looking to him because he doesn't use ANY strawman argument. (I noticed that right away, I wanted to see someone else bring it up
) I know you're lying, but if you're not, I'd love to see what you consider a strawman argument.
We all know it is you that is using strawman tactics, Sterio.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

He is ether unable to respond, or he is unwilling to respond. And so it goes as our attention is drawn away from discussing the implications of the so-called "laundry list". We are instead now being steered into a script of Stereologist's, one in which nothing we present is taken as prima fascia by him, and where his responses seem to be advice to others to do the same. Instead of focusing ourselves on the issue of the thread, we have been blindsided into a seemingly endless defensive posture, bailing ourselves out of a sinking ship of ideas that have been attacked only by diatribes with no legitimate substance.

In other words, our ship of ideas is not sinking. His attacks have no substance. But I would also advise you, the reader, to come to your own conclusions.

So say we all?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

The deviation from the thread was performed through straw man arguments which you have used.

There has been nothing in this thread to connect it to 2012.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

The deviation from the thread was performed through straw man arguments which you have used.

There has been nothing in this thread to connect it to 2012.

You continue to avoid answering the questions asked.
Anyway, nothing of interest there - at all.
Thanks for another evidence free moment

edit on 9/2/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typos and a thank you note.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Still nothing in this thread that is about 2012.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

The user name is stereologist, not sterio. If you do not spell my user name correctly I will report the post.

This one made me laugh.
I gotta stop feeding this troll, but it amuses me as much as it does you, sterio. You say the funniest stuff.

Time to stay completely on topic no matter what Sterio says,

I found this list of "notable August records" on weather.com...

August's notable records

Hehe, I'd like to see someone try to downplay that.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Still nothing in this thread that is about 2012.

And still nothing from you in your 22 posts to this thread concerning 2012 either. Why is that?
edit on 9/2/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join