It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billy Graham Admitted for Treatment of Pulmonary Condition - Didn't he DIE?!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
being reported now on cnn.com -
um, deja vu?

www.cnn.com...

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
Don't use "txting" shorthand in posts.
Use snippets and links for external content.
Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

Mod Note: Starting A New Thread ?... Look Here First.

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!
edit on Wed May 11 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Timeslip ?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
we've discussed this "to death" on ats - people we think have died but are alive - i've always thought it was just our memories playing tricks on us, but this one made me go 'say whaaa!?'

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzohome

Its happened to me , more than once .

I'm interested to see where this thread goes

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
No, I'm 14 he's still here what parallel world are you living in ?
His wife died, he didn't

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Why am I thinking he died in 1999.
edit on 11-5-2011 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Whaaa? I swear I remember hearing he already died. After 1999 but at least a year ago.

Too weird.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
After the tax season was over, he was mysteriously resurrected.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Yup! I remember very vividly a few years back (07?) a huge full page write-up (tribute) to Mr. Graham detailing the world's loss and the future of his ministry. It was not Oral Robarts, or Jim Baker, or any other preacher for that matter (for you thread derailers). He actually had a syndicated column in our paper up until that point. I am not a particularily religious man so I never paid much attention to it afterwards. Low and behold I was reading a thread on this site a few months ago and this very topic came up. I was blown away to see him still alive. In fact it prompted me to open an account here
What the hell happened? How does this happen? Is my local paper out to lunch, randomly printing obituaries for world preachers? Of course I will get the guys here who will say I'm delusional or whatever. Whatever makes you sleep at night. I wouldn't be so vehement in my declaration if I wasn't certain. There are other anomolies like this that have not gone unnoticed but I don't want to derail.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Egyptia

He retired a few years after that and is in very bad health with Parkinsons and other issues. He did not die though, obviously. I think he had cancer once also.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Holy shi^e check this link.

mediamatters.org...

Shepherd smith says it The late Billy Graham, This was from the 25th of April. I mean I know its FOX News but still .............

Trowa

edit on 11/5/11 by TrowaBarton because: To add content

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Something tells me the trolls will be arriving soon .
Prepare for another thread hijack

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Holy !@# dude, when I saw this thread title I immediately thought.

"idiots, they are talking about his son, not THE billy graham he's been dead."

I thought this because I was raised hardcore Pentecostal and I had heard a lot about him and could of sworn he had died some years ago.

I used to laugh at these timeslip threads now I am seriously creeped out.

Crap my wife just told me she thought he was dead, She mention a Greg Laurie (local calvary chapel preacher fairly popular) sermon where he said he remembered his funeral and how his wife would continue his ministry.
edit on 11-5-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Egyptia

I am 25 years old now but I also have memories of hearing he had died in 1999. Did something happen to him that year that would have made me think this? I would have been 15 at the time. I was raised in a religious home, so his name came up frequently.
edit on 11-5-2011 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The clones are coming ......

Remember just after the election, how old and haggard the obama looked.....like he aged 20 years, and then the next thing you know, to looks like a new man with a spring in his step....
Really caught my attention.......
Maybe the cloning process takes a Hugh toll on a person.

But anyways....do you think they can clone an animal/person To a specific age?
edit on 11-5-2011 by 1000TonBlocks because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Not related to Billy Graham, but his son Franklin Graham just went to North Korea, I noticed something interesting in the article..

US evangelical preacher visits N. Korea

(AFP) – 1 day ago

SEOUL — A US non-governmental group led by evangelical preacher Franklin Graham flew into North Korea on Tuesday and met with its foreign minister, state media said.

Graham, son of famed pastor Billy Graham, held talks with North Korean Foreign Minister Pak Ui-Chun, the country's official Korean Central News Agency said in a brief report.

The preacher heads Samaritan's Purse, an evangelical Christian aid organisation that was one of five US groups to send representatives on a visit to the isolated communist state in February.

Samaritan's Purse said in April that parts of North Korea were expected to run out of food in less than two months due to a poor harvest even if foreign donors agreed to provide assistance.

It said that a harsh winter had reduced crop yield by up to half and that some people were already eating grass, leaves and tree bark.

The United States and South Korea have been cautious over reports of dire food shortages in the North, with some officials suspecting that the communist state is exaggerating the problem to win assistance.

But former US President Jimmy Carter said after visiting Pyongyang two weeks ago that the United States and South Korea were guilty of a "human rights violation" for withholding food aid from the North for what he called political reasons.

He travelled with other former world leaders belonging to a group called the Elders, which jointly described the food situation in the North as a crisis.

The group also aimed to to help ease tensions between the two Koreas, assess food shortages and encourage nuclear disarmament, but failed to secure a meeting with reclusive North Korean leader Kim Jong-Il.

Carter was criticised by South Korean media for a perceived pro-Pyongyang bias.

The Elders? WTF is that?
edit on 11-5-2011 by Mercurio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Yeah, I keep pointing this mystery out here, and a lot of people become interested, and then nobody can make anything of it and interest goes away again. But it's obviously one of the most blatant weirdnesses on this site. I also spotted the Shep Smith thing, which to my knowledge has not been corrected by Fox, though I could have missed it.

Ask anyone you know -- I have. The fact is very simple.

Everybody, including me, has specific, clear memories of him dying.

These memories take different forms, have different content and even seem to come from different times. But everybody -- not just people at ATS, but every single person I have asked in RL -- remembers him dying and is SHOCKED when they found out he is alive.

I have had to prove repeatedly to people, on this site and in person, that he is still alive. But he still writes columns, gives occasional interviews, and I even managed to dig up a photograph from last year. People -- again, ordinary people, and again, every single person I have asked and tons of people here, at this point dozens if not more than a hundred people -- are SO sure he's dead they refuse to believe me without lots of evidence.

See the below thread for the main discussion, though it takes place more toward the end.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 11-5-2011 by sepermeru because: edit button likes my hair this way

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Ok here is an interesting article I found from 1999.

www.thecrimson.com...

The Reverend Billy Graham, 80 years old and suffering from Parkinson's disease, grasped the lectern before an electrified congregation in Memorial Church yesterday morning, delivering an evangelical oration tailored for the undergraduate population.

"My time is drawing to a conclusion on this earth," Graham said, adding that his faith has given him confidence to face life after death.

Unless of course we are thinking of THIS Billy Graham.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Just to add to my above post, here's a couple of my posts in that thread with links to the Shep Smith slip, the columns and the photograph:

I'd forgotten about it, but I also noticed that it occurred to me in that thread that the way so many people are sure of a central fact but differ widely on details has the feel of a cover memory...which makes me wonder, if that were the case, who really died instead.

Please note if you're new to this discussion -- I know people misremember deaths all the time. But if you read that thread, it's obvious that in every other case, someone else can show that there really were reports of a death that turned out to be false, or the memory belongs to only one or two people. The Billy Graham issue is very different. It does not have at all the same quality of the many vague and generally unsupported impressions some people have of celebrities who turn out to be still alive. It's much stronger and many, many, many people share the impression so strongly they don't just go 'oh, wow, that is a surprise', they actually become shocked, confused and even angry in some cases, the way people are when they've been presented with something causing them serious cognitive dissonance.
edit on 11-5-2011 by sepermeru because: edit button makes me happy

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The only thing that would make this weider would be a report of him taking a plane from Australia to India, and the plane running out of jet fuel because Australia had moved further away.

Seriously though...this is really strange, I would have bet $$$ he was already dead, I swear I think I remember seeing the funeral on TV.

Like another poster said,

TIMESLIP!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join