It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question that I'd like to have answered.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Feel free to move this to the appropriate forum if it's not in it already.

I've looked all over Google to try and find out the answer to my question but I can't find a single link that even presents the question. So it would be sweet if the smart ATS people had an answer to it.

What do you call someone who believes in god but doesn't worship, pray nor follows his word?

Now how's that for a question!?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Me . . . agnostic.

Well, then I guess it does matter of which god you speak.

edit on 5/11/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

A heretic!

Not too difficult!

Hows that for an answer?

See ya,
Milt

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Screwed? Not sure how to answer that - they'd be theist of some sort, but lapsed? Lapsedtheist?

An AnteBellum, that doesn't make any sense. If you're agnostic, then you shouldn't believe in god, you should believe that you can't know for sure one way or the other (right? Or did they go changing things on me again?)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I personally would call them a "well weather Christian" or maybe an evolved Christian maybe even a solitary who knows for sure. With how churches have become more commercialized over the years it is no surprise people are walking away. Then with constant misinterpretations learning the proper ways to practice faith can become discouraging. I guess the title is more of a matter of opinion.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
A deist, I believe.

Deism (Listeni /ˈdiːɪzəm/ US dict: dē′·ĭzm)[1][2] in the philosophy of religion is the standpoint that reason and observation of the natural world, without the need for organized religion, can determine that a supreme being created the universe. Further the term often implies that this supreme being does not intervene in human affairs or suspend the natural laws of the universe. Deists typically reject supernatural events such as prophecy and miracles, tending to assert that God (or "The Supreme Architect") has a plan for the universe that is not to be altered by intervention in the affairs of human life. Deists believe in the existence of God without any reliance on revealed religion, religious authority or holy books.

From Wiki:
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 11-5-2011 by FundamentalFrequency because: Credit & Clarification

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

The way I see it is, that I believe god exists in some way or form, I just don't know what it is.
I don't see one religion better then another but at the same time, think organized religion is all bad.
After lots of self searching I came to the one thing that keeps me looking - Faith!
I have faith that there is an answer to what I seek (god) but at the same time prescribe to none.

I hope this clears things up. . . If anyone could say this in a way easier to understand, please do. I run into problems trying to explain my beliefs all the time on here.

PS - I used to think I was a deist but it didn't fit all the explanations for things I had on this subject. Soooo, I slowly moved more into the Agnostic area with the help, believe it or not, of a Vatican Nun who is a good friend of mine and has a brilliant intellect for these things.

edit on 5/11/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

top topics

join