It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The second possible Atlantis in Wisconsin ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Oh there are lots of good people there, I still breathed a sigh of relief when I came back to New Zealand
Earthquakes and everything

I'm just not sold on WI, it goes against all the evidence, then again some folks think Ireland was Atlantis too

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noinden
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Oh there are lots of good people there, I still breathed a sigh of relief when I came back to New Zealand
Earthquakes and everything

I'm just not sold on WI, it goes against all the evidence, then again some folks think Ireland was Atlantis too

One thing that all the folks with the "I FOUND ATLANTIS!!!" sites keep forgetting is that according to Plato, Atlantis conquered almost every other city state EXCEPT Athens. And Athens defeated them.

There's a distinct lack of evidence that Wisconsin (or Ireland or Spain) dominated all of the cities in the Mediterranean and fought a large battle with Athens (Athens' history is reasonably well documented by the Athenians themselves.)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I also have to wonder whether Plato’s account of Atlantis is a description of an actual civilization that sunk beneath the waves, or a tantalizing tale that rose up wholly from the depths of the Athenian philosopher’s imagination,Or a blend of fact, fiction plus Atlantis is mentioned by no one before Plato so maybe its just a beautiful tale to captivate people’s imaginations ..Or maybe its real who knows..

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
So, I was thinking...... what if the Kennsington Ruestone and this finding in Wisconsin are from the same people?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
So Sugarcookie, you think that maybe Plato was the first J.R.R Tolkien, and instead of using the term storyteller they used the term philosopher?

Better theory than most, I mean wasn't Plato blind?
edit on 19-6-2011 by xXR34P3RXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXR34P3RXx
So Sugarcookie, you think that maybe Plato was the first J.R.R Tolkien, and instead of using the term storyteller they used the term philosopher?

Better theory than most, I mean wasn't Plato blind?
edit on 19-6-2011 by xXR34P3RXx because: (no reason given)

You're thinking of Homer (the blind poet) not Plato.

Plato's teaching method (if you read the books) was to tell his pupils a story and then spark discussion about it. These discussions covered a lot of the classical philosophical problems (I won't go into them now because i'm working on another project, but you can google for them.) Atlantis-as-story fits perfectly with the book and its discussion and fits the standard teaching style he used.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Sorry I always get Plato and Homer mixed up and I don't know why, but thanks for correcting me.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Just an update i never made it out to Rock Lake this summer to many health problems but its on my to do list for next summer ..Plus I've got a few friends that want to come with me so im excited and looking forward to this journey! Peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
there's no more info out there on this?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
There are numerous pyramids found in this lake that appear to be very ancient but no one has really been able to tell if they are man-made or just natural rocks left by glaciers. But all across America there are mysterious structures and carvings that local Indian tribes do not take credit for and say that a fair skinned race settled in the area long ago and were responsible for the work. To me, it is quite obvious that some Europeans or Scandinavians made it to America hundreds if not thousands of years before Columbus and built these structures. There is also a stonehenge structure along with a mastodan carving underneath Lake Michigan. The following link has some basic information on the pyramids in Wisconsin along with several other mysterious stuctures in the United States that appear to be very ancient and not constructed by the local indian tribes.

socyberty.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MConnalley

There is no more info on Rock Lake and the pyramid's this lake has not been explored to any extent and very little research done on the site thats why im anxious to go there..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Mitch555

What i don't get is even the article states its most important ancient structures that exist in the United States yet its hardly been looked at seems like they should do more then what has been done there..And thanks for the site it was very interesting..Peace,sugarcookie1

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join