It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by pellian
... melt them on a pan and you have a alloy that is almost stiff as steel.
Originally posted by mkkkay
how to power a radio with a cactus. Macgyver style..
What You Need
A galvanized nail
A small radio
Your MacGyver knife
What You Do
1. Open the radio’s plastic case.
2. Find the power leads. They will be a pair of black
and red wires connected to the battery terminals.
3. Cut the wires away from the battery terminals.
4. Strip the plastic coating from the wires to reveal
the copper inside.
5. Wrap the copper part of the black wire around the
6. Insert the nail into the cactus.
7. Insert the copper part of the red wire into the
8. Turn on the radio. Congratulations! You’re
operating on cactus power.
What about making activated charcoal for water filtration.