It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canucks Fans. Who do you want Detroit or San Jose

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
For the record I think they beat either team in the next round, but who would you rather face? Initially I would have said the Wings. They're banged up and the oldest team in the league, but they are rolling right now and have all the momentum.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
ima be biased because im from detroit and say wings all the way haha

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
im a canuck and i dont like hockey. always wanted to try playing it but theres no team where i live

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The guppies are being filet'd by the Wings. I hope the Wings continue the huge comeback and send the Sharks into another post season depression. Sharks are famous for playoff breakdows and will always be as long as Jack's on the team. Go Wings but in the end the Canucks will wipe the ice with either team. So go Canucks and better luck to my team the Ducks next year and may Hiller get healthy!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Buddha1098

I would have to say San Jose for 2 reasons...the same time zone and they have shown the same weakness as the Canucks for losing with a resounding lead...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kunuk
im a canuck and i dont like hockey. always wanted to try playing it but theres no team where i live

Go to one live game and you'll be a fan for life and if you still don't like it there's usually a fight or two to watch.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kunuk

Whoa whoa whoa whoa... Are you saying there is a place in Canada where they don't play hockey??? I call bullsh!t =)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I wouldn't be so overconfident if I were a Canucks' fan. Detroit and SJ are good teams and Vancouver hasn't exact;u been playing their best. I like Detroit to complete the comeback in game 7. And I won't be surprised if they beat Vancouver. Guaranteed the series goes six or seven games.

Tampa Bay will give anyone a run for their money in the Final as well; one of the best coached teams in the NHL, with a lot of talent and grit and experience. Yes, I'm taking TB over Boston.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Well, SJ won another close game. Detroit had a couple chances in the last minute but couldn't tie it.

This was probably the best series of the playoffs so far. All games were tight and, not only that, each had extended periods of end to end excitement.

The best series of the playoffs so far IMO are:

1. Det/SJ second round
2. Mtl/Bos first round
3. Van/Chi first round

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098
reply to post by kunuk

Whoa whoa whoa whoa... Are you saying there is a place in Canada where they don't play hockey??? I call bullsh!t =)

Haha, totally agree!

Just bumping this thread since the Canucks are now in the Finals awaiting either Tampa or Boston. I'm rooting for the Bolts but honestly don't see either Tampa or Boston beating Vancouver. San Jose put up a good fight, out played them at times but still came up short because great teams always find ways to win whether because of lucky bounces (see 2nd OT in game 5) or the hockey gods just determine who wins.

new topics

top topics

join