It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you wanted ww3

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
*sniff, sniff* I smell false flag.

9/11's ten-year anniversary is coming up. Interesting that its the same year we get Osama and even the most sane people find the tale of how he died and what we did with is body a bit questionable.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I hate to burst the anti-western bubbles here, but this isn't a western conspiracy. This is the true face of religion. Poor, mostly uneducated people, that can only experience the world through superstition. People that feel disenfranchised, seperated from the world, because their societies stagnated for a thousand years in dark age belief systems that could not evolve. Now they see a world that has left them behind, that they do not understand. A guy tells them they can have power and bliss and dominate the world, but only if.... They become radicalized and determined.

It's easier to destroy than to evolve..

Unfortunately it has reached such levels of insanity that we are all forced to take actions that we do not approve of. We are being radicalized by the threat.

The things you all fear may happen. Martial law, global war, famine and disease..

It's not a couple of gray bearded Westerners planning it all out in a back room though, it's a clash of cultures. A clash of world views in which one groups wants to force their ideology on the other and the other will not accept submission... At any cost.
edit on 11-5-2011 by Fiberx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
i thought not showing pictures of bin ladens body was going to prevent this.

obama is an idiot. he should be showing the pictures of bin ladens corpse to demoralize the enemy and as a warning of what would happen if you attack america.

a majority of the mid east and al qaeda groups believe he is alive and escaped, and even his son released a statement that he doubts they killed his father until he see's proof.

instead they have this attitude that you're some kind of idiot or half wit if you doubt he's dead.

news flash to president barry: it's not us you have to prove you killed osama, it's the enemy.

al qaeda will never believe anything the united states says without proof.

but i guess barry is so much smarter than us, and intellectually unmatched by us common folk, that he would rather have terrorists believe their spiritual strength and greatest leader is alive or that america didn't kill him.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
In another thread someone made an excellent quote and it is equally relevant this time also. It goes something like this......
When mommy bird dies its the baby birds that cry the loudest!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Interesting. I don't take this broadcast as an idle threat. I sense that ABC has been getting a little more attention from the feedmaster lately. Likely for a reason.

Damn I love ABC news. It brings me back to my childhood in a way, it's the quality, the old american broadcaster style speech and general professionalism of the anchors. However, it's no fun now that I can see, plain as day, that they are a mouthpiece and becoming a very active mouthpiece, more everyday, at that. Looks like ol gubbermint is throwing them some meat for a change now that every waking soul knows that cnn, fox, msnbc, nbc are long gone.

Sit back and enjoy the decomposition of this fine broadcaster.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Taliban - Terrorists

Al-Qaeda - US false flag group made up and trained by US to strike fear in our country and allow the government and TPTB to do whatever they want.

This is sad but ive lost a lot of respect for our country in the past few months. I can only hope that our own government doesnt perform another false flag like they did on 9/11.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
well it seems that the cat is out of the bag news.yahoo.com... i will post the hole link here is the first part

Pakistani Intelligence: Friend or Foe?
AP

Email
Print

FILE - In this May 5, 2011 photo, Pakistani army troops guard the perimeter of the walled compound of a house where al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden wa AP – FILE - In this May 5, 2011 photo, Pakistani army troops guard the perimeter of the walled compound of …

Rep. Rohrabacher: U.S. Should Not Give Money to Rogue Nation Play Video Pakistan Video:Rep. Rohrabacher: U.S. Should Not Give Money to Rogue Nation FOX News
Pakistani opposition leader calls for bin ... Play Video Pakistan Video: Pakistani opposition leader calls for bin ... Reuters
Osama Bin Laden's Widows to Come Forward Play Video Pakistan Video:Osama Bin Laden's Widows to Come Forward ABC News

By KATHY GANNON, Associated Press – Wed May 11, 5:16 pm ET

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan – The twin towers in New York were still smoldering in September 2001 when Pakistan spy chief Gen. Mahmood Ahmed went to Afghanistan with the task of urging the Taliban to hand over al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden.

The message he actually gave Mullah Mohammed Omar was quite different: "Protect Osama. Hide him. We will help you," according to former Taliban deputy interior minister Mullah Mohammed Khaksar. His version has been confirmed by U.S. officials and former Pakistani spies.

A decade later, the U.S. has raised a stinging question: Did Pakistan's premier spy agency, the ISI, know that bin Laden had been living for at least five years near a military garrison in Abbottabad?

The answer is quite likely yes, according to ex-ISI agents, military men and analysts, but the issue is really who knew and how close they might have been to the top.

A week after Navy SEALS killed bin Laden, the U.S. has demanded the names of ISI operatives from Pakistan to investigate what dealings they may have had with al-Qaida. An ISI official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said no formal inquiry was being held, and that it was "no one's concern" whether Pakistan investigated how bin Laden had lived under the nose of the military without detection.

At the heart of the matter is the long, complicated relationship between the ISI and various militant groups.

The ISI, which is part of Pakistan's military, has a history of spawning and funding jihadi groups to fight India, in particular for the disputed territory of Kashmir. Pakistan's military relies heavily on these groups in the absence of the conventional might to take on India, said defense analyst Ayesha Siddiqua. For example, Pakistan has hosted training camps for militants and has sent them across the border into India, according to U.S. intelligence reports.

"How else do you fight?" Siddiqua asked. "It is the Pakistan version of private security guards."

However, some of these jihadi groups have links to al-Qaida and share with it a militant Islamic philosophy. Harakat-ul-jihad-Islam, the leader of the Illyas Kashmiri group against India, is also believed by Western intelligence to be al-Qaida's operational chief in Pakistan. And Lashkar e-Taiba, which the U.S. calls a terrorist group, is thought to have close funding and operational ties to al-Qaida.

Former President Pervez Musharraf long ago promised to cut off close ties with militants, but there is no evidence that he followed through. Pakistan also claims that it has purged religious extremists from the ISI over the past decade. The ISI did drop Gen. Ahmed soon after the 9/11 attacks, at the insistence of the United States, and Musharraf has handed over senior al-Qaida operatives such as Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, Abu Zubayda and Ramzi Binalshib to the United States.

In a WikiLeaks diplomatic cable dating to May 12, 2008, a U.S. delegation asked Musharraf for his views on reports that the Pakistan army and ISI were complicit in allowing militant activities to continue. Musharraf did not give a direct response, but talked instead about the job of catching militants. "Musharraf said that it wasn't as easy as it appeared," the cable notes. "The mountainous terrain, poor communications, and local supporters impeded efforts to capture and kill these militants."

Despite his protests, experts say, Musharraf grew up under a religious regime and understands the power of religiously motivated uprisings. If anything, the ISI may be as fundamentalist as ever, partly because military personnel from a time when the army was openly involved with militants still work in operations, Siddiqua said.
and the second part

The ISI also falls under suspicion because bin Laden went undetected despite the many security guards and officers in Abbottabad, a leafy city of 400,000 people close to Islamabad. Al-Qaida has a history in the area: Senior Indonesian al-Qaida operative Umar Patek was arrested there in January, based on information from a captured al-Qaida member, an intelligence official said. And in 2003, raids were conducted in Abbottabad looking for al-Qaida senior lieutenant Abu Laith al-Libi, who was eventually caught not far away in Mardan in 2005.

Retired military officer Lt. Gen. Talat Masood conceded that some people within the establishment were likely suspicious about the occupants of the whitewashed, three-story house in a middle-class area of Abbottabad. However, Masood said, most would not have considered bin Laden their first suspect, and some may have been bribed to keep prying eyes away. Security officers at airports and border crossings in Pakistan are often bribed to ignore suspicious movements.

"The most charitable explanation you can give is that it was at the local level of the police, or some local authority, or someone who carried a lot of weight and influence in the area," Masood said. "He was paid handsomely to ignore who was living there."

The least charitable version, Masood said, is that bin Laden was given safe haven by former military ruler Musharraf, who was waiting until the appropriate moment to announce his capture. Civilian critics in Pakistan accused Musharraf of secretly aiding Taliban militants on both sides of the border, even as militants routinely accused him of siding with the West.

Some analysts and intelligence officials questioned whether top ISI officials would have a good motive to hide bin Laden. It would not in any way help Pakistan, said Brig. Asad Munir, former ISI head for the frontier until 2003.

"You at least have to look at motive...what does bin Laden have to offer?" Munir asked. "It doesn't make sense."

Christine Fair, an academic expert who studies Pakistan and militant groups, agreed that the top leadership of the ISI was likely ignorant rather than complicit in the hiding of bin Laden.

"I really don't believe they knew," said Fair, assistant professor at the Center for Peace and Strategic Studies at Georgetown University in Washington, who has done extensive research in the region.

However, lower-level ISI operatives may well have been aware of bin Laden's presence, Fair said.

She cited the example of the 2008 Mumbai attacks, in which two junior ISI spies were disciplined for knowing about and possibly being involved in the operation. There is no evidence that knowledge of the attacks, which killed 166 people, extended higher up in the ranks.

Mosharraf Zaidi, a private consultant in Pakistan who advises governments on public policy, said essentially the same thing.

"I think there are people who would have known, but did the leadership know? The prime minister, the president, the army chief and intelligence chief?" he asked. "I don't believe so."

If the top officials really did not know, that suggests an incompetence on the part of the ISI shocking to many in Pakistan.

The agency is thought to have about 30,000 people, under six major generals and one lieutenant general. Its financial numbers are secret, but it doesn't have the budget for sophisticated listening devices, for example. In some parts of the country Pakistan doesn't even have the technology to monitor cell phones.

"In general the ISI has an exaggerated profile of its capabilities," wrote Shuja Nawaz, director of the South Asia Center at The Atlantic Council, in an email. "It is best in penetrating India. Worst at handling domestic politics."

The latest episode increases the strain between the ISI and the United States, already at a high because of the case of a U.S. contractor accused of killing Pakistanis. In past meetings, Washington has accused Pakistani leaders of harboring terrorists.

"There was certainly a lot of finger-pointing, a lot of accusing us, both in meetings here and in Washington, of being in bed with the bad guys," retired Gen. Mahmud Durrani, Pakistan's former national security adviser, told the AP. "On one or two occasions they were very, very harsh."

Durrani refused to divulge details, such as whether bin Laden was mentioned, citing national security reasons.

The ISI was born more than 60 years ago, with the job of gleaning information, mostly about India, from the army, air force and navy — thus the name, the InterServices Intelligence, or ISI.

In the early 1970s, then-Prime Minister Zulfikar Ali Bhutto created a political cell within the ISI to keep tabs on his political opponents. Bhutto was overthrown in 1977 and hanged two years later.

Gen. Mohammed Zia-ul Haq came to power and, as an Islamic zealot, created a clerics corps in the army. Officers who had once sipped alcohol at the army messes were competing with each other to be seen by Zia at mosques praying, ex-military officers said.

When the Soviet Union invaded Afghanistan in 1979, the ISI worked with the CIA and Islamic rebels. The same rebels later would become Taliban, or join al-Qaida, or be redeployed by the ISI to India, and today some belong to U.S.-declared terrorist groups like Lashkar-e-Taiba.

The answer about whether the ISI really knew about bin Laden's location may finally come from an unlikely source: Bin Laden himself, or rather, his documents. The U.S. is just starting to process a trove of information taken by commandos from the compound occupied by bin Laden, which may be key to many of the puzzles.

____

Kathy Gannon is AP special regional correspondent for Pakistan and Afghanistan. AP staff writer Sebastian Abbot contributed to this report.
yes it is long and i do hope you took the time to read it but it does seem that some in Pakistan did give aid, help, and a safe haven for the worlds most wanted man. Of course who will listen or take heed to what i have posted?? some not all and then there some that just post to post with nothing to add but to say how bad i spell, type or put sentences together, or well there is one in every crowed, for that is what they do best. So be it.
edit on 12-5-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2011 by bekod because: text correction

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
It seems that this might be one of them days, when i wish i was wrong, but sadly it is not

abcnews.go.com...
what the video says

Plans to strike targets on US soil found in terrorist's notebook.
not just NYC, any where, any time, small towns, big towns, and any place in the USA are we ready for it???? will this be the last of the USA land of the free home of the brave???? or will be the home of the feared land of the oppressed, DHS at every corner, armed foot patrols???? I bet the response will be "ye we have that in NYC, you get use to it"

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by Drezden

you think 9/11 was fun???? that was a fire cracker to what is coming. 3000 dead try 30,000 dead and just not in one place or in one state.

I'm not sure where I stated 9/11 as being fun?

If 30,000 people die as you're predicting, out of a population of over 300,000,000, that would not quite be a catastrophic end of the U.S. scenario. Way more than 30,000 people have died in Iraq and Afghanistan.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Yes, hardly WW3. Just the same old drivel we've been hearing from these so called terrorist groups for years.

Anti American propoganda, that's all.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
It's good to be King.

This made me

Don't worry so much. It's all nonsense and misinformation.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

i live in indinapolis and agree with your predicition of the indy 500. it is still the biggest one day gathering in the united states as far as sporting events goes. The local police say they are ready for such terrorist acts but if you go out there the night before they cant stop drunks from fighting.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I doubt it dude, its all hype they have it implanted in all your heads that there is going to be another attack....soo only thing to do is another false flag so when the dirty bombs go off everyone will be screaming for war and we will go to war but remember this most likely the ones who put the bombs there were your own countrymen

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
World War 3, in my opinion, is already being waged. We just aren't explicitly being told about it! You have, since 2000, the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq following 9/11, the attempt to overthrow Hugo Chavez, a break up in the Middle East (Egypt, Syria, Libya etc) which either was a result of the Afghanistan/Iraq wars as predicted by the US Government or as engineered directly by them a la Venezuela or was just by chance. Throw in the North Korea situation too and you see that recently big changes have been taking place across the world and all seems to be moving in the direction of a One World Government, in my opinion. And that's just going by events in the last 10 years...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Is it me or was i the only person who heard hillary clinton telling chinese diplomats,your getting democracy whether you like it or not,hmm,if anything would start world war 3,id imagine something like that would do it,but i hope WW3 does not happen because the world cant rebuild after that in my opinion

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
*sniff, sniff* I smell false flag.

9/11's ten-year anniversary is coming up. Interesting that its the same year we get Osama and even the most sane people find the tale of how he died and what we did with is body a bit questionable.

The Founding Fathers of The United States of America told us to NEVER stop questioning what our Government says or does because ALL Government, by its very nature, is evil. I refuse to be made out to be "insane" or any less patriotic than any other American by YOU or anyone else simply because Im doing what they told me to do. You sir may go watch your dancing with the stars while the people that still have a brain in their head protect your God given freedom to do so.

“Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
edit on 12-5-2011 by AndrewJay because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AndrewJay

Well that is obvious, any group that is based off of controlling the masses is clearly evil.

All the money that has been spent on every WW/current wars could have put a hospital in every country that is lacking them, and feed the world at the same time.

We as a species, have a value disorder, we value monetary gains over life, and war is the biggest monetary gain a country can participate in.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
oh boy.....I never asked for ww3.....the only thing i asked for as an individual was to be left alone.

out of mutual respect because i intend to cause no harm to anyone who causes or attempts to cause no harm to me and mine.

who are mine? my family, friends,property, nation.

the one thing i asked, was for "mine" to follow the same rule of respect.

like the old men of my hometown used to say "dont start nothin...wont be nothin..."

we, as ordinary people, dont know who cast the first stone anymore....some know and dont care and others pray for it, to test their machismo...which is foolish to tempt another man...or flirt with death....but i'll continue prepping. and hope we as a world dont come to blows with eachother.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jrocbaby
reply to post by AndrewJay

Well that is obvious, any group that is based off of controlling the masses is clearly evil.

All the money that has been spent on every WW/current wars could have put a hospital in every country that is lacking them, and feed the world at the same time.

We as a species, have a value disorder, we value monetary gains over life, and war is the biggest monetary gain a country can participate in.

Aside from the fact that unlike The Roman or even British Empires, we as Americans dont see anything in return for our 'investments' in war; even though the majority of us dont wish to even be in war, you're absolutely right. Funny thing this "WE THE PEOPLE" statement isnt it? The only thing we get is thrown out of our house on our ass, by the same banks we bailed out, after losing our jobs to illegal immigrants or Chinese slave labor camps. All this while being sexually assaulted by the TSA in the name of securing us from the scary random muslims (CIA created Al Queda) dwelling in caves halfway around the world whos leader (an admited CIA asset) is now dead. This obviously means we need MORE security now that the 'mastermind' behind the war is dead... right?

We as a nation have a very BIG disorder and it does have to do with value. We value our entertainers in a higher regard than our doctors, scholars, educators and even soldiers. Its obviously okay for Justin Beiber, who isnt even an American and probably couldnt even spell the term IQ rather than actually have one, to be making 100x more a year than the soldier, living on the poverty line, risking his life on a daily basis fighting a war in the name of Israel.... but how dare I question Obama! I must be a racist!

This nation truley is full of braindead cowards that would rather sit there and stuff their face with MSG chugging down a nice glass of Fluoride than actually deal with the problems we as a people need to face together. Try telling that to the average American walking down the street and you'll probably be thrown in an insane asylum... the sad part is its true. This country doesnt even come close to what our founding fathers invisioned for America and the majority of the people dont even know its history. Check the poll that shows that 1/3 of Americans have no clue why we celebrate July 4th.

Freedom isnt Free and when people actually think you're crazy for doing something the founding fathers of our nation told us to do, there are bigger issues to worry about than HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS! You were onto something though and here is the question; how many homeless and starving people could be fed and kept alive on the money spent on war since 2001? How many on the budget the ROYAL WEDDING had?

It truley is sickening.
edit on 12-5-2011 by AndrewJay because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by LetsBringIt

I think that the OP is trying to say that any increase in tension or violence committed by the "Terrorists" will result in a further widening of the parameters of the definition of "terrorist". Therefore in actuality more of the Arab community will fit into these widened definitions, laying the ground for the only currently realistic World War Three scenario, a war of ideologies. Or to put it simply "Islam vs The West".
Whilst the OP is in fact slightly loose in his explanation, he is none the less merely forwarding the ideas laid previously by people like Albert Pike.

This is my first post by the way!

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join