It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quotes from NASA about upcoming solar flare (days away)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Ok so I have the "3D Sun" app on my ipod touch. It is an official NASA app. I'm just going to quote everything they say. If you have an Iphone, or other smartphone, look for this app. It has some really, awe inspiring great pictures as well, but that's besides the point. It's free so I don't think quoting it breaks any copyright issue.
Well the title of the article synopsis is "Here Comes Trouble?" date is May 10th.
The rest of the synopsis states, "Crackling with solar flares, an active region just behind the sun's eastern limb is turning toward earth. Must see images from may 9-10!"
So i click on the synopsis to read the whole article.
Awesome picture of the sun
Title: "Solar Activity picks up"
Body: A sunspot located just behind the sun's eastern limb is crackling with flares. A C5-class eruption during the waning hours of May 9th hurled a spectacular coronal mass ejection into space. Pictured above is an extreme UV image of the explosion's aftermath taken by NASA's solar dynamics observatory. Earth was not in the line of fire this time, BUT THE ACTIVE REGION IS APPROACHINGTHE EARTHSIDE OF THE SUN, SO FUTURE BLASTS COULD BE GEO-EFFECTIVE! Stay tuned.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

usefull information. thanks !

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
you must be a new sun watcher? C class flares are nothing to worry about. every flare produces "GEO ACTIVITY"

You need to alert us of the high M's and X class flares

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Yep. there just isn't much going on in space for sky watchers.

Every burp,fart and sneeze out of the sun is pretty much a big deal for them.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Sounds like a cool app, I might download it!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
you must be a new sun watcher? C class flares are nothing to worry about. every flare produces "GEO ACTIVITY"

You need to alert us of the high M's and X class flares

Yeah but the title "Here comes trouble?" seems to imply that NASA is expecting bigger ones. How often does NASA fearmonger?

I find this Remote viewers predictions very interesting...the first one especially.
www.youtube.com...
he even saw a big earthquake in Italy.

edit on 11-5-2011 by Ghost375 because: RV saw exact same thing

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Sweet app! Now I can track the sun! Sun can't hide from me no more

On a serious note, thanks to this site I've recently been interested the suns latest activities

See linky for good time news.stanford.edu...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Solaris is a good app for sun watching too.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
For anyone interested this is a buggy but quite good sun app.

I make most of the movies I upload with it and the hi-res SDO images are very cool in the bluewhite and bluered filters.

jhelioviewer.org...

One important thing. Make sure you download and save any movies where the dates and times might overlap. only do segments that dont overlap time periods or it will make your PC dizzy. Might even toss PC cookies.
edit on 11-5-2011 by Shadowalker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowalker
For anyone interested this is a buggy but quite good sun app.

I make most of the movies I upload with it and the hi-res SDO images are very cool in the bluewhite and bluered filters.

jhelioviewer.org...

One important thing. Make sure you download and save any movies where the dates and times might overlap. only do segments that dont overlap time periods or it will make your PC dizzy. Might even toss PC cookies.
edit on 11-5-2011 by Shadowalker because: (no reason given)

The ability to overlay videos from multiple filters is one of the best features from that program... otherwise you're better off (much less buggy and more reliable) just using the SDO website itself.

But as far as the fear mongering, I don't see it as such because they do it all the time when there's a CME that misses the Earth. Just something I guess you get used to if you use spaceweather.com or any of the government solar websites.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
3D Sun is not an "official NASA" app. And the announcement is not from NASA.

Developed in collaboration with NASA scientists.

3dsun.org...

The alerts are provided by a

Ph.D. trained astrophysicist

(What is a Ph.D. trained astrophysicist?)

Apparently it is Dr. Tony Phillips who provides the commentary. He's the guy on spaceweather.com (hes is also an editor for NASA). He also a bit overenthusiastic at times.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
3D Sun is not an "official NASA" app. And the announcement is not from NASA.

Developed in collaboration with NASA scientists.

3dsun.org...

The alerts are provided by a

Ph.D. trained astrophysicist

(What is a Ph.D. trained astrophysicist?)

Apparently it is Dr. Tony Phillips who provides the commentary. He's the guy on spaceweather.com (hes is also an editor for NASA). He also a bit overenthusiastic at times.

The master has spoken.
Thank you for your valuable insight.

new topics

top topics

join