It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA To Confiscate Food From Local Farms In Emergencies?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

FEMA To Confiscate Food From Local Farms In Emergencies?

www.naturalnews.com

Since our nation's founding the federal government has, in times of emergency, claimed extra-constitutional powers and authority. Under the guise of acting in the public's best interests, Washington has taken away privacy rights, free speech, and habeas corpus, among others....

With that in mind, would it surprise you to find out that if disaster strikes in your part of the country, the federal government is prepared to take over local food supplies in part by confiscating farms?
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
The Truth Of It All - Conventional Farmers Won't Eat Their Own Food!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Wow, just listen to this!

A Texas farmer describes FEMA acitivity as they search out farms, record the production and locations.

It would not suprise me in the least if this is in part so FEMA knows where the non GMO food is, so they can deliver it up to the officials...yes, get the picture?

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
In certain cases and if it is indeed for the good of many then so be it. Although, they would not need to confiscate it, I would be willing to give away as much as they needed, provided I got to get what my family needed first. After all, fruits and veggies would probably ruin before I had chance to eat it all anyway. So, I would share.

The biggest complaint I see here is, NIMBY.
edit on 11-5-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

It seems more likely that something is about to go down in Texas. I'd like to know if FEMA is doing this all over the country. Since a farm just can't get up and move away, then they are sitting ducks for confiscation and take over.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Yeah, lets not take food from the overflowing Grocery stores, lets instead get it from the small family owned farmers.. This is insane.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dwmjr1985

Looters would have already stripped the shelves clean by that point.
This is not Japan, we do not have that kind of self control here in the US.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Well why not the Corporate owned farms first then?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

While I would agree that it is the job the government has taken upon themselves, clearly they
have failed in delivering - case in point - as it is made here in the video - Katrina.

I will not forget the pics of George Bush eating cake with McCain at a big birithday bash
while Katrinas floods ravaged on.

edit on 11-5-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Great, even more Govt intrusion and theft, for the so called "common good".

Control the food, control the people. If you don't know this quote, look it up.

I am sure FEMA will eye those with food surplus as well.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck

I'd like to know if FEMA is doing this all over the country. Since a farm just can't get up and move away, then they are sitting ducks for confiscation and take over.

I would bet they are. Its only logical...

Of course, being the government, they are not going to come right out and admit this is
what they are doing, they claim they are making "food assements".

edit on 11-5-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by Skewed

While I would agree that it is the job the government has taken upon themselves, clearly they
have failed in delivering - case in point - as it is made here in the video - Katrina.

There is certainly room for improvement on their part, for sure. As I see it, they have good intentions but the execution of the plan is something else.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dwmjr1985
Yeah, lets not take food from the overflowing Grocery stores, lets instead get it from the small family owned farmers.. This is insane.

I would not have believed unless I had heard it from this Texas farmer.

Really, this is beyond FEMA's needs in an emergency, after all, I thought that is what
they bought up all of those emergency meals for.

Let them go to a COSTCO and seize the supplies available. WalMart would be next.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Let them go to a COSTCO and seize the supplies available. WalMart would be next.

I say Walmart first. Costco pays their employees a decent wage and even has healthcare for part time employees..lol

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Thats just the MO of these bastards...They'll take everything you have got and take the most part for themselves and then give the rest to useless eaters....It's best you give to your friend and your friends friends....Screw FEMA and any other governmental agency...Haven't you learned anything over the past few years? They take for themselves and the elite like always....if they feel generous that day they may leave you a mouse or 2 to eat....or a worm...or a beetle.....

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I say Walmart first. Costco pays their employees a decent wage and even has healthcare for part time employees..lol

Your right, good point.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316

It's best you give to your friend and your friends friends....

Yes, really the best way to go. Sorry to say, I just could not trust FEMA to fairly distribute
home grown organic vegetables. Why do I think those items would end up on the plates of
government officials rather than a soup kitchen?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

If I felt that was the case then I would do something different, before they even had a chance to confiscate it. First, I would get what I needed. Then spread the word to all the locals that I had food that would eventually ruin and I would give/trade whatever to whoever may need it during the time of crises. I would even allow certain people, if I felt I could trust them to camp on the land if they needed a place and maybe start forming a group of people for security reasons. That way, at least the perishable items would already be gone and put to good use before they even arrive to take anything.

Believe it or not, there are ways to throw obstacles into government officials plans.
edit on 11-5-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Back in the days of the Soviet Union most of the U-2 and SR 71 Blackbird Flights were to determine the health and the size of the grain crop. The figuring was that if Soviet Grain production failed they would have a reason to invade Western Europe.

So keeping tabs of production is something the Government has long done, ours, theirs etc.

We could be looking at some serious food shortages this year, not just here, because of the flooding in the midwest, but internationally if crops end up tainted in a lot of the world from Japanese Nuclear Fall out.

I am sure food production is something on the minds of government(s) and Emergency Planner(s) right now and they sure do have good reason.

Martial Law does allow for the Government to take over almost everything including farms, transportation hubs, and warehousing facilties.

Martial Law would likely involved a FEMA run government.

We are definately seeing some concern on the part of the government here, and the biggest worry we migh have is a real food shortage occuring, with the lesser worry, losing more rights and private property.

edit on 11/5/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I don't know if you are aware, but at any given moment there is only a three to five day supply of food and supplies on the store shelves. I've been in a community when it was snowed in for a week and after day three, the store shelves were nearly empty. In large cities I doubt the store supplies would last two days.

I think it's a given that they should be able to take the food if needed from whatever source, provided the business or farm is reimbursed fair market value and paid quickly enough they suffer no harm themselves. That would be the reasonable and sensible thing to do.

I don't see this as a conspiracy or even troubling. It is odd how people criticized FEMA after Katrina and then when they take steps to fix things, they are criticized for that. Just people complaining because they like to complain.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

In any type of major emergency this can occur, and is not restricted to just FEMA. I am not sure why people seem surprised in all of this. People should also learn the difference between looting and survival. "stealing" food during a situation like Katrina is not neccissarily illegal. Stealing non needed items that would not prolong survival is however (IE TV's, etc).

In any stype of situation that devolves to the point of a near breakdown in society, measures are in place to ensure the survival of large groups of people, and not just one person who is sitting on 50 tons of food.

I find it intresting some people condem rich people for whording wealth, while being upset that in times of chaos, they would fault the government for seaizing that wealth for the greater good so to speak.
edit on 11-5-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join