It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly earthquake rocks Lorca in southern Spain

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Deadly earthquake rocks Lorca in southern Spain

www.bbc.co.uk

A magnitude 5.3 earthquake has toppled several buildings in southern Spain, near the town of Lorca, killing at least four people, officials say.

The quake struck at a depth of just 1km (0.6 miles), some 120km south-west of Alicante, at 1850 (1650 GMT), the US Geological Survey reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Seeing all the news in the world about earthquakes recently it makes me wonder whether or not its now just a chain reaction of earthquakes leading up to a huge one. Luckily this one in Spain isnt very serious but it very well could have been.

Where will the next earthquake strike next? New Madrid? Yellowstone?

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Deadly?? Really??

And BTW, Some ATS'er already beat you to it

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Elsek

a 5.3 isn't that big

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This is significant.

And for the poster that felt that was not 'deadly' , CNN just reported that there were 4 deaths so far.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrankLY
Deadly?? Really??

And BTW, Some ATS'er already beat you to it

yes, deadly. FOUR DEAD.

As in, a mother, a father, and two kids.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FrankLY

yes it's deadly because there are 4 dead for just a 5.3. Spain is not prepared for earthquakes. If those 4 persons were friends, family to you, would you say it's not deadly ???
edit on 11/04/11 by LaTouffe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I'm very sad that people were killed. And I really didn't expect an earthquake today....but this is suspiciously close to Italy.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
as mentioned before, you've been beat to posting this. Still pretty crazy, hopefully it doesn't trigger anything etc.

Original Discussion Here : www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
El País (spanish newspaper) reports death toll from 5.1 Spanish quake is now 7 !!! , in the town of Lorca, via NBC News... it s on breakingnews just now

and yes indeed close to italy as told by Raffaele Bendandi.. and the guy predicted two other earthquake before they happened to prove his planet alignment theory was right...

and guess what : earthsky.org...

and yesterday some islands got a 7.0 too, i can't remember the name :s 5.4 is not a big one but 7.0 start to look like one and i hope i m wrong

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
lol only 4 people died... whats the fuss

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I just got a text saying it's risen to 7 deaths....some of you guys are getting do desensitized to these things, people just died in ANOTHER earthquake....when can you remember during the course of time that youve been on this planet such a outbreak of deadly earthquakes? At some point you're going to have to admit that something big as going to happen. If you're not prepared you need to start...these are your signs... heed them.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
If a 5.3 damages structures and kills people, there is something horribly wrong with the construction standards there. Their citizens need to be asking why that is.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Yeah my bad guys... At the time, no deaths were mentioned. I do feel for them
sucks when things like happens. Like mentioned before me, I really hope it doesn't trigger anything else...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Yeah really like What the hell....

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
If a 5.3 damages structures and kills people, there is something horribly wrong with the construction standards there. Their citizens need to be asking why that is.

Amen to that dude, either those buildings are old or designed to kill!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Amen to that dude, either those buildings are old or designed to kill!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Be4sTXMoDe
lol only 4 people died... whats the fuss

Heaven forbid you lose four family members and someone goes "so they died? who cares? its not that big of a deal."
What a doucher...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by estebadia

Spain is not Italy and a 5.3 is not a major event. The people who died, no doubt died due to bad construction standards and people living or working in death traps. A 5.3 will not damage properly constructed building and nobody should have been hurt in an earthquake at the low end of moderate.

You want a prophecy to be true so badly you can attribute this small quake in the wrong location to it?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Blaine. If a 5.3 strikes 1km underground, it's really matter what construction you have. It's a major event (And not because some want to see the end of the world again. It's a major event, because people died. I just don't know why the Americans are so ignorant and stone hearted.). I was in Spain and the buildings are really massive, same what we have in my native country. But if those buildings are collapsing, it's because the EQ struck 1km underground. Any "great" U.S. village or town with their wood buildings would turn to dust already with the very same EQ. So, don't underestimate a 5.3, because it's matter where it's struck underground (FYI. The buildings in Spain, especially old ones are massive buildings. They're capable to withstand a 7.0 anytime... IF the EQ is struck deep underground. If not, it's really matter how the building was built.).
edit on 11-5-2011 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join