It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will our parenting adapt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I am the father of 3 girls, 8 ,10 &13 . I do not put fear in there minds only preparedness . I don't rant about the end of the world by means of comet , nukes or alien invasion ( though we do talk about the possibility of alien life because its fun to think about !) They are smart girls whom love the outdoors , information and sports.
I wonder if some world changing event does happen , how my parenting will adapt as well as their lives.
With the idea that electricity , cell phones, TV and air conditioning among others could possibly be no more, how will that transfer into a different way of living go down. I realize here in America we are a bit spoiled and there are many nations out there whom live with none of these privileges. But to go from having all these things to not will be hard I would think.
Its fun to camping and go the wilderness for a week or two during the summer or hunting during the winter, we all love this. However its always nice to jump in the truck and head home to a hot shower and air-conditioned room full off toys and gadgets !! I just hope that if I am forced to be the one to guide them as well as my self and wife through this that I can do it well. I hope I can instill in them the will to push forward for life itself and to pass on knowledge to there children.
What a big task at hand or us or them or whom ever. I pray I nor my children will be in this role but I hope whom ever is in it does it justice.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Well, if people expect to survive they will have to become responsible for their own actions. It is a choice. There will be no more interest groups telling parents how or how not to raise their kids, that might be the bright side. It will be once again the situation of, kids only having the rights that the parents give them or what they deserve, and to hell with what others think.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
totally agree there ! Iam courious as to how many cowards will leave their familys behind for there own survival...that thought sickins me.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by saintsjunky

I have faith in human nature,
that will happen, for sure.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by saintsjunky
I wonder if some world changing event does happen , how my parenting will adapt as well as their lives.

You WILL become their FEARLESS leader and risk everything to preserve them. This will make your soul stronger. You will adapt.

Important question

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I agree with the OP, star and flag.

But, I currently teach my kids survival skills, self defense, hunting, firearms and other skills as well.

I DO NOT preach apocalypse, war or civil unrest. But, they will know how to survive these things.

top topics

join