It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

JUAN WILLIAMS: The Surprising Rise of Rep. Ron Paul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Link

Here’s a news bulletin — it is becoming increasingly clear that we are living in a time when Republican politics are being shaped by a 75-year-old, 12-term Texas congressman with a son in the Senate. And incredibly, it is no longer out of the realm of possibility that this outcast of the GOP establishment may win the party’s presidential nomination.

If you have not been paying attention, it is time to look around and realize that we are living in the political age of Rep. Ron Paul.

A CNN/Opinion Research poll released late last week shows Paul faring the best against President Obama of any potential Republican candidate. He trails the president by only 7 points, 52-45 percent, in a head-to-head matchup. Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee trails by 8 points, with former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney down 11 points to Obama.

It took long enough, about 24 years, but Rep. Ron Paul is now finally being recognized by the msm. With Juan Williams declaring him a real contender for the nomination of the Republican Party and saying that much of the debate is now being centered around the issues Paul argues it is no wonder that this man is finally getting his foot in the door.

How can they lock him out now that his following is so large, his message is so clear, and he is now receiving recognition from one of Fox News' top political commentators?

The whole "he is unelectable" thing can now be thrown out the window. We are in a new era where Ron Paul and people like him are now our political reality. His rise has been watched tirelessly by many of us here on ATS and all across America and even parts of the world. Get out your boxing gloves boys, and girls, it's time for the big fight.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
They wait until he's pushing 80 to give him any credit.

That way he retires or passes before he can disrupt the status quo too much and a bunch of us get pacified by the brief recognition he gets.

Or he pulls a Reagan and goes senile making us all look like dolts.

We should be in the streets shouting "too little too late!" setting fire to government buildings and dragging politicians behind our cars like we just got married.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
You know I for one think it would be interesting if Ron Paul won the nomination and the Presidency, in large part just to see if he actually would then make an effort to institute many of his ideas and beliefs as policies or we would end up with the same old, same old Shadow Governmental System dominated by the corporations either corrupting Ron Paul or using it's leverage of the infrastructure, commerce, and banking system, to effectively prophibit him and maintain the status quo.

The real danger in a Ron Paul victory for the Powers that Be if Paul ended up as full of hot air, and as incapable as every other politician promising change or specific change and failed, I think the American people would finally realize that there is absolutely no changing this system from within, and that their only alternative moving forward would be revolution or rebellion to change it.

Because of that, I can't see the Powers that Be not using their controlled media to dig up some kind of dirt that they could slander Paul to death with in the primaries and or the runup to the general election if he won the party's nomination.

It sure would be interesting to see the outcome of a Ron Paul presidency though.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

At least with Ron Paul we know he's spoken through his votes for a LONG time...
He has not wavered from what he believes in and that's the constitution and the rights of the people..

Currently I don't think there's a better choice for president.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
The real danger in a Ron Paul victory for the Powers that Be if Paul ended up as full of hot air, and as incapable as every other politician promising change or specific change and failed, I think the American people would finally realize that there is absolutely no changing this system from within, and that their only alternative moving forward would be revolution or rebellion to change it.

Yeah well it's too bad it took all those lives, several illegal wars, Wall Street bailouts, a tanking US dollar, unreal unemployment, rampant corruption, and finally- a future failure of a Ron Paul Presidency to make them realize it.

But sheeple will be sheeple....

Bahhhh.

If he were installed, and did fail to do most or all of his key objectives- like abolishing the fed, closing overseas military bases, ending the wars, and ending fiat currency, then yes I agree. That would be it. The end, and time to lock and load. No further hope available.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Ron Paul won't win, he doesn't want to win. He knows that there is no way to fix our current system, so he just spreads his message. There is no state, there is no Constitution and there is no Congress it's all a fantasy, a bunch of people pretending to be something they are not, how can you save a country full of delusional people? You can't.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

why dont you go back to 4chan, or better yet make a new account. Worst troll ever and not even funny. Yawn is right.

And I too would love to see the results of a RP campaigne vs obama!

does anyone think hillary may try and weasel her way in there?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Newsreel: A Moment of Epic Proportions:

Go Dr. Paul. I'm still feeling much better about things this time around, even with the pimping of Cain.

We'll see what happens in the economy, but I've got my expectations and I really think it is his time. I hear the announcement is likely coming this week, any takers on if he'll run - or pass the torch to young Rand?

edit on 5/11/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen

why dont you go back to 4chan, or better yet make a new account. Worst troll ever and not even funny. Yawn is right.

And I too would love to see the results of a RP campaigne vs obama!

does anyone think hillary may try and weasel her way in there?

Tbh, I wasn't even trolling in that post. I was being serious.

What exactly did I say wrong?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

edit on 11-5-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
reply to post by Misoir

or pass the torch to young Rand?

Rand Paul is nothing like his father though. I think people put too much hope into Rand, but if you listen to him without his last name, he just sounds like a typical neo-con.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I have to disagree. I initially had significant concerns here, and know there are differences that I don't really care for, but as far as I can tell Rand is far and away still better than most of the others up there.

I would like to see more of a shift to Ron's libertarianism, but so far I have been much more pleasantly surprised by his time in the senate and what I've heard from him than I was expecting to - granted, as he's not my pick I haven't invested a great deal of research into him, but the only thing I can say offhand I take issue with is his support for military tribunals at Gitmo.

Do you have any other information or sources you can direct me to for further looking into where he differs with Ron? I definitely want to have a better picture of him in case he gets involved.

Thanks friend.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Rand is far from a Neoconservative and if you cannot tell the difference between his message and that of Neoconservatives then you should try and research what exactly Neoconservative is. Try starting Here.

While Rand may have less of a Libertarian streak to him like his father's almost pure Libertarianism that does not mean in any way that he is a Neocon. In fact I would argue that Rand Paul is more representative of the pure conservatism of the Old Right Republican Party than his father's views, although they are both members of the Old Right. Plus I am more in line with the views of Rand than Ron but the differences are rather few.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

reply to post by Misoir

Idk, maybe it's just me, Rand isn't Austrian or anarchist enough for me. When ever I watch a Rand Paul interview it always seems to me that Rand tries to come off as a old right republican, but his answers are never straightforward and always lacking any real substance. It just seems (to me at least) that Rand spits a lot of the same old rhetoric we always hear from republicans and I don't trust him. :/

new topics

top topics

join