It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ancient Indian city with nuclear radiation??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

Howdy TFP

Regretably your source for all of this is a Russian one which has been used by fringe writers like Childress to make up and expand on these stories. There was no "Davenport or Vincenti". If you run that signature line you'll find nearly the identical report in dozens of fringe sites. But no underlying papers or books to back them up.

Oppenheimer's reply for the question was , "not first atomic bomb, but first atomic bomb in modern times".

Hans: hmmm I've never seen that quote outside of UFO sites, can you provide a cite from Oppenheimers own works?

Also, excavations of Mohen Jo Daro in North India revealed towns which had been completely destroyed quite unexpectedly!!

Hans: Why wyould you say that? They appear to have been abandoned not destroyed.

There were no traces of natural disasters or wars! Scientists Davneport and Vincenti put forward a theory saying the ruins were of a nuclear blast as they found big stratums of clay and green glass.

Hans: They didn't those two guys are made up as is the evidence. Haven't you wondered why science is not all over this?

High temperature melted clay and sand and they hardened immediately afterwards. Similar stratums of green glass can also found in Nevada deserts after every nuclear explosion.

Hans: only those that are surface and subsurface bursts -an ineffectual way to use a nuclear weapon by the way.

A heavy layer of radioactive ash in Rajasthan, India, covers a three-square mile area, ten miles west of Jodhpur. Scientists are investigating the site, where a housing development was being built.

Hans: I think you may be referring to a place where there was modern contamination from a nuclear plant or to those places in India where the ground water is contaminated by radium.

For some time it has been established that there is a very high rate of birth defects and cancer in the area under construction. The levels of radiation there have registered so high on investigators' gauges that the Indian government has now cordoned off the region.

Hans: You might want to look at radiation half lives and in particular those generated by nuclear weapons - by your account no one should be living in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Scientists have unearthed an ancient city where evidence shows an atomic blast dating back thousands of years, from 8,000 to 12,000 years, destroyed most of the buildings and probably a half-million people.

Hans: Not to be mean as I know you are just quoting fringe websites but here is a question for you - which city and can you cite a REAL publication that covers this? I think you will have difficult doing so!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
If it was cosmic, wouldn't there be an impact crater?

Not if it was an air burst like Tunguska.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by thefreepatriot
Also, excavations of Mohen Jo Daro in North India revealed towns which had been completely destroyed quite unexpectedly!! There were no traces of natural disasters or wars! Scientists Davneport and Vincenti put forward a theory saying the ruins were of a nuclear blast as they found big stratums of clay and green glass. High temperature melted clay and sand and they hardened immediately afterwards. Similar stratums of green glass can also found in Nevada deserts after every nuclear explosion.

None of the above is factual.

Originally posted by thefreepatriotSo describes Musala Parva of Mahabharatha about the WMD

...Gurkha, flying a swift and powerful vimana (fast aircraft) hurled a single projectile Charged with all the power of the Universe.
An incandescent column of smoke and flame
As bright as ten thousand Suns
Rose in all its splendor...

SNIP

The quote you provided does not appear anywhere in the Mahabharata.

Harte

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I don't know if Oppenheimer said that. However, it certainly isn't unlikely. He was fluent in Sanskrit. He used the Bhagavad-Gita as a source of philosophical structure in his life.

At the sight of the Trinity Test, he certainly was moved to quote the Bhagavad-Gita, "I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."

The possibility that he might have seen his major's life work reflected in these texts is likely.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Howdy Aeons

Yes he was quite taken with Indian mythology and used it on occasion, rather well too. The question is, did he say that additional comment about nuclear weapons? I would suspect not but wait to be corrected.

I cannot find that quote except in fringy UFO sites.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join