It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ancient Indian city with nuclear radiation??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
my friend told me that he heard somewhere in news that some scientists found ancient city in India which was probably destroyed by nuclear weapon.I'm interesting in ancient history and especially in mysterious myths and questions but I don't belive it.He told me that he heard that scientists found there some forms of radiation which remain after nuclear explosion.

do you know something of that??? about any form of radiation that has been found in ancient ruins??

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It has also been reported that the ancient cities of Soddom and gamorrah where destroyed by Nuclear weapons too. Studies of the sites of ancient cities have revelaed what appear to be typical traces of nuclear attack ie; blast radius, sand fused into glass, radiation traces. I do not have a link at the mo, but i will find one a post it

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I would be very interested in that link. I've always had an interest in science and its relation to the bible. Wonder if Lot's wife turning to salt would have an explanation if she had turned around to look at a nuclear explosion?

- Was

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
This thread might help, an old one on the possibility of ancient nuclear wars:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Here's a link on the radioactive Indian city. It's from Rense though...

www.rense.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Could it have possibly been an impact from space? I have heard that some asteroid impacts can look like nuclear blasts. The radiation could be because the asteroid had some naturally occouring radioactive elements on it. Remember anything with a heavier atomic weight than lead is radioactive.

The idea of an atomic blast turns my skeptic meter up quite a bit especially when there have been naturally occorances that seem so much like a blast, remember Tunguska? (sp)

Blessed Be
~Astral

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
That has been discussed also... I am trying to find a link that isnt from some wacko fringe place, but a credible source. i know Sitchin has discussed this, but I am not certain if you guys rate him as credible. I certainly think that some of his theorys may hold water.

I do certainly believe that the bible is a copy of a copy, so to speak, and comes from much older texts, such as sumeria and Babalonia. And that the ancient "gods" where indeed Aliens or a previous advanced human race (more likely)

looking now for links.............

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Indian cities link

Theres one for the Indian cities.....I am searching now for more info.....

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The Astral City might have a point. Impacts from space...

However, found this link:
dreamscape.0catch.com...

"...sand vitrifications are also found in the Gobi Desert and in the vicinity of old Iraqi archaeological sites. Who can explain why these sand vitrifications resemble those produced by the atomic explosions in the Nevada Desert ?"

There is also on this page pointed to other places around the world with indications of nuclear explosions or radioactivity...Sacsahuam�n and Tiahuanaco, Lebanon

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
another link about Soddom and gamorrah

Soddom and Gamorrah

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
If it was cosmic, wouldn't there be an impact crater?

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

...Have to say yes to that one.
Good point.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Could be, but it also may be underwater....

I am skeptical about nuclear weapons being used. TRANSURANIUM ELEMENTS did not exist untill we started experimenting with and poping off nukes. In analyzing ancient soil beds, there is no evidence of these man made isotopes anywere except in recent soil analysis.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Could be, but it also may be underwater....

If it was underwater, surely it wouldn't leave glass in the desert sands, or vitrify (sp) rock? It would just make things very wet

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   

If it was underwater, surely it wouldn't leave glass in the desert sands, or vitrify (sp) rock? It would just make things very wet

May not have always been underwater. If we are talking about eons, it may have moved ie. Plate techtonics

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
True, but in 8000 yrs (according to the current plate techtonic theory) they would have moved almost nowhere.

However, i suppose the end of the Ice age brought with it a rise in sea levels....... but there would still be an impact crater if the sea was sufficiently shallow.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
[edit on 10/2/2004 by esther]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by esther

excerpt:
"The brave Adwattan stayed steadfast in his Vimana. He landed on water and set free from there the Agneya-weapon, a weapon to which even the gods were helpless. He aimed carefully on his enemies: then the sun of the teacher liberated the glowing projectile with fire without smoke and awe-inspiring force. Dense arrows of fire, alike a downpour came down on creation and enclosed the enemy. Meteors flashed from the sky. A thick darkness descended across the armies of the Pandava's. All directions fell in shrouds of darkness. Turbulent winds started to blow. Clouds arose roaring and made rain down dust and gravel.

This seems to say that Adwattan drops a nuclear weapon on the army of the pandava's. But Wikipedia says that it was Ashvattama and the remaining Kauravas who killed them in their sleep. The Mahabharata is 4 times longer than the bible- it's the 2nd longest book ever written. However, if anyone has a copy, you can find this part in the Sauptikaparva.

Gurkha flew in his strong and fast Vimana. He threw between the three cities of the Vrishni's and the Andaka's one single projectile, that was loaded with all the power of the universe. A white glowing column of smoke and fire, as bright as 10.000 suns arose in all its splendour. This was the unprecedented weapon, the iron lightning, a giant messenger of death, that burnt the entire family of Vrishni's and Andaka's to ashes.

I was heart-broken when I found out that this was a hoax from a site called Nexus. It is mentioned in the ancient nukes threat which is referenced earlier. Before I was prompted to check alternate (read: "mainstream") sources, I was convinced that there was a nuclear war in ancient history.

Also, according to wikipedia, astronomical data suggests 3100 BC as the date for the early form of the mahabharata. This means that the story doesn't mesh with the irradiated city in India, which I have not been able to corroborate with any objective news souce anyway.

Not drawing any conclusions, just saying that the evidence isn't all that Sitchin would suggest.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
on the subject of ancient nuclear devices, the ark of the covenant bears all the powers of radioactive material: it could give a great advantage in battle and caused sickness incredably similiar to radioactive poisoning, if it was givin humans by aliens of course they would think it was from god.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   
while i don't know about the city itself, from my readings of vedic texts like the ramayan and mahabharat, and from bollywood depictions of those epics, the weapons and crafts that the heroes in those battles used always seemed futuristic to me. Chariots that flew thru the skies, shooting flaming arrows....sounded alot like aircrafts launching missiles to me.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join