It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why China Will NOT Surpass the United States

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098

Originally posted by Ryanp5555
reply to post by Fester1882

China's one child policy does shrink it's population. It's one child per two people. Meaning when those two people die off, there is only one child left. China's population growth (49%) is HALF of the US's (96%).

www.cia.gov...

www.cia.gov...

China doesn't have an easy fix for this problem either. It's political strife does not make China an attractive place to live either. Hence, China is losing people to emigration as well. I should have quoted you because now I forgot what else you wrote.

China's population growth rate is 0.493% (2011 est.) according to you own source. The Birth Rate is 12.29 and the death rate is 7.03

You realize that means the population is growing albeit very slowly right?

Like I said, it is growing for the short term. By 2050 even compared to today, there is supposed to be 100 million less people in China. Yes my original figures were wrong, however, it doesn't change the fact that a population decrease of 100 million in 39 years is quite significant.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanp5555

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but you could have just come on here and said "China will never surpass the US because we kick ass! USA! USA! USA!"

Do the research man, you guys are in serious serious trouble. The only area you are superior to China is militarily but they are catching up there too. If you allow them to catch up with you there I'm sorry but you guys are screwed.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly

It is unfortunate, but your simplistic post shows in part why you are wrong. It is also clear you don't work in the business world and maybe you don't read the labels on the things you buy. China will surpass the U.S. within the next 3 years and that's a fact as clearly demonstrated by economists.

Even the most aggressive projections placed China ahead of the US in 2016. Not in 2014.

There are more Chinese students in college studying engineering than there are American college students studying everything combined. China manufacturers most goods we in the U.S. use. American literacy rates are falling and the U.S. has lost over 60,000 factories in the past decade alone.

Okay, of course there are more Chinese students in college studying engineering than American college students, there are 1 billion more people in china than in the US. Their population is 4.33 times the size of the US. Not to mention, when did "engineering" become the most critical subject to study in college as it relates to economic growth? Ever think there may not be as many engineering jobs in China? Ever think that China's corrupt government alone makes it harder for those people without jobs, due to excess, to start their own business? I don't know too much or anything about how easy or hard it is to be an entreprenuer in China, but I still think those are some valid concerns.

Meanwhile, while you say the Chinese system is rife with corruption, I counter that the U.S. political system is rife with corruption and filled with religious zealots who think the world is 6 thousand years old. We are the DUMBEST "idustrialized" nation on earth. Our people are unable to think critically and value big business and war over anything else. In America, people come dead last unless you are wealthy. Fall through the cracks in the U.S. and society discards you. We are also a nation filled with police forces more militarized than the police force of any other supposedly western nation.

This is laughable. Yes, our High Schools are behind most other industrialized nations. However, our colleges are on par with even the most advanced nations, and our graduate schools are far better than any other industrialized nation. It's becoming clearer and clearer that blue collar jobs are being thrown by the way side and colleges are becoming the new High Schools in the US. What I mean by that is: you can no longer expect to make a really good living merely by graduating high school. I hope that makes sense. Also, please don't compare US political corruption with China. Yes, there is corruption in every country, but the US is no where near as severe as China's.

As a nation we are so heartless and inefficient that we spend twice as much per capita on healthcare, yet our national outcomes are far worse.

America is already a dead dream as most whistle past the graveyard and avoid looking at the homeless veterans that line our off ramps. Europeans understandably think America has gone insance as we life up idiot opportunists like Palin and see Sharia around every corner.

We have allowed the courts to put big business firmly in control of EVERYTHING. We are a rotting corpse of a country where half the population loathes the other half.

I'm not sure how the courts have placed big business firmly in control of everything. Pretty sure it is congress and state legislatures which make the rules governing big businesses. There is a reason DE is a favorite of corporations, and its not because people like to shop there. But whatever. The rest of what you said is a very pessimistic perspective.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Buddha1098

There are many views out there. Not all spell out that the US is going to be overtaken by China. I can tell you one thing for sure: today China announced its growth is slowing. In fact, they are worried about their market as the slowing and inflation are making for a "bad scenario." You can read more about it here:

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Of course there are many views out there, but the unbiased one's don't paint a pretty picture. My advice would be rather than believing the favorable views are correct you prepare yourself in case they are not.

Anyways I'm out, thanks for the debate

Namaste

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Buddha1098

I'm prepared for anything to happen. However, I just don't buy that China will actually overtake the US. Maybe in terms of total GDP produced, but never in terms of actual GDP per capita. It was nice to debate with you too.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
theres a flaw in this arguement

its got nothing to do with population the us with our 300 million use to control the largest wealth in the world

and we have pissed it away all on social programs and other needless things.

we have regulated and taxed our unionized business and manufacturing out of this country and it has found a home in other parts of the world including china.

alot of people say war with china is unavoidable and it most likely is there are not enough resources to go around theres not enough oil to go around.

china is in the best position of any world power all they have to do is sit back let everyone fight amongst their selves and then come in after everyone else has exhausted themselves.

we have almost achieved that dark days are ahead of us the world think america is evil incarnate but

i got news for you we are nothing compared to what the chinese are capable of and there are not any bleeding heart liberals over there to cry and persuade public opinion.

dark days.....indeed.
edit on 11-5-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I like to compare the good ol USA to an over the hill boxer ........ So full of pride at past triumphs , but sadly the legs have gone and you are a little bit punchy

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Silly, China won't pass the US in 20 years like you stated, it'll happen before 2020. It seems you don't understand at all how China works.

News exists outside of the U.S. get familiar with it.
edit on 11-5-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Technology is the new workforce, you don't need billions of people to make economic giants any more. It's the biggest problem for all societies in a system like capitalism, or pretty much any other system really.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
American's and their self ego.

"We are the best! You cant be! Because we say so!"

"Haha nobody will invade us! We will nuke them, we are the best!"

Heard it all before, america this america that. Huff puff huff puff.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65
I like to compare the good ol USA to an over the hill boxer ........ So full of pride at past triumphs , but sadly the legs have gone and you are a little bit punchy

"I didn't hear no bell, get up you sonofabitch, cause Micky loves ya."

edit on 11-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by tpg65

"I didn't hear no bell, get up you sonofabitch, cause Micky loves ya."

Heehee . Great line from a great movie , but alas too late for the U.S

Great clip too .
edit on 27/04/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
One child policy only applies to the cities, rural area and minorities can have more than one child, plus rich chinese who want to pay fines to have two children. And the Chinese government is considering getting rid of the one child policy very sooon.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeBoss
One child policy only applies to the cities, rural area and minorities can have more than one child, plus rich chinese who want to pay fines to have two children. And the Chinese government is considering getting rid of the one child policy very sooon.

Good timing, as they now have babies with 2 heads.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by zookey

Originally posted by MikeBoss

Good timing, as they now have babies with 2 heads.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join