It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you name a single absolute lie from the TV news media?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedonk

Originally posted by pyrodude
First global cooling, now.....GLOBAL WARMING!!!

and now Climate Change to ccover all bases

He asked for confirmed absolute lies.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Ahh, I misread too (see? Headache)

In that case, CONFIRMED lies? None spring to mind actually. None at all.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I was four yrs old when JFK was cut down in Dallas. I remember it like it was a movie I've seen. My Mom had me sitting on the couch watching T.V. while she was ironing. The news break preempting my cartoon. The iron
even falls to the floor in slo mo. I remember it because all I knew was it hurt my Mom. She always said there is
more footage of that assassination then just the Zapruder film. She remembers CBS ran a graphic recording of
of what happened twice and it was never seen again. She said by that footage alone you can tell there we're six to seven shots fired at least.

The thing is I've always known not to believe in any of the crap that comes from a politicians face, or from the talking box. You can wright it all off as lies. That's how much truth there is in any of it. Lieing, murdering, thieving
even high treason is all legal when you are above the justice system. Money buys anything.

edit on 11-5-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifttheveil
I think this fake footage from CNN is enough to confirm to anyone that they are full of stinking BS

You sir, have just blown my mind. Just, wow. This reminded me of a bad SnL skit. Terrible acting, cheap sets, & the skit just keeps going and going and going

My favorite part is when they don the gas mask & helmet, then hitting the deck. Shouldn't CNN be brought up on charges? Oh wait, I'm sorry, they & gov have free reign. I wanna fight that entire cast and crew who reported this! Where can I find the pedo with stach'?

They did a fantasic job of creating fear by playing that siren. The sound itself creates an illusion of panic. I couldn't wait for the video to end, but I had to watch the whole thing!
edit on 11-5-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
During the poll tax riot in the UK on Saturday 31 March 1990 the BBC news showed the protesters charging police and claimed they'd started the violence. It later emerged that the police had, prior to the protesters charge, engaged in a horse charge on the protesters. The BBC also aired video with falsified time stamps in an attempt to reinforce this perception - Shocking !!

I'm sure there's many but that one has always stuck in my mind.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Norway Spiral
GOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOM-eat the fish !!!
the weather man does it everyday almost
the war of the worlds broadcast-JUST SAYEN
Pac & Biggie causing west coast east coast war even tho it was about them
Micheal Jackson seen jumping out of corner van or touching or not touching youth he did 1 or the other but both sides were covered
ALIENS dont exist nor do ET
Sadam had WMd WMD WMD WMD aint see non
Princess Diana death-RIP- coverage mess
My favorite motivation young black males will become extinct in the future
Jupiter is total gas giant even tho a black spot was made during recent impact
A few...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This question is like "here's a shotgun, and a barrel of fish."

Bin Laden attacked America on 9/11
Terrorists use anthrax to scare the public (this is actually literally true but 100 percent implied lie as the "terrorists" are the government).
Weapons of mass destruction in Iraq (there were none)
The economy needed a bail out
Obama is change we can believe in
Bin Laden killed in raid.

Just to name a few.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Lies are not only in what IS told, it is also in the choices about WHAT is told. Our media routinely avoids real issues, instead follows and stokes mindless controversy and faux issues. The American media (CNN in particular) tries to equivacate everything, no matter how idiotic one side may be. FOX spends countless hours on jingoistic, chest thumping and says nothing that controverts its fascist hard right views. MSNBC is at least intellectually honest about its positions and presents factual things, though its delivery has become all too smarmy. Want to watch REAL, raw news and reporting? I challenge you to watch Al Jazeera online. If you can get beyond your chicken s**t fears about Muslims and actually watch it critically, you'll see what real reporting looks like and sounds like, much like it did in the U.S. before commercial interests took over American newsrooms.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

The laughter is added, but quite a relevant one at the moment.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly
Lies are not only in what IS told, it is also in the choices about WHAT is told. Our media routinely avoids real issues, instead follows and stokes mindless controversy and faux issues. The American media (CNN in particular) tries to equivacate everything, no matter how idiotic one side may be. FOX spends countless hours on jingoistic, chest thumping and says nothing that controverts its fascist hard right views. MSNBC is at least intellectually honest about its positions and presents factual things, though its delivery has become all too smarmy. Want to watch REAL, raw news and reporting? I challenge you to watch Al Jazeera online. If you can get beyond your chicken s**t fears about Muslims and actually watch it critically, you'll see what real reporting looks like and sounds like, much like it did in the U.S. before commercial interests took over American newsrooms.

Good points and I agree. I'll check out Al Jezeera, labels don't frighten me ;-)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Paschar0

How about instead of blaming the person, or the media, that people actually do some research on their own. Its like being presented with a scientific paper. Peers will review it, then they will go about doing their won research to reach their own conclusions.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

When do they ever confirm that they have lied?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The biggest lie is that they call themselves the 'news media' - when they are simply the propaganda machine for spreading lies and spin for TPTB.

They are neither journalists nor do they report the news. THAT is their BIG lie.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Originally posted by Ghost375

When do they ever confirm that they have lied?

Actually, I said "know", which leaves room for belief or confirmation, I'm just really curious to see how far the trust actually goes

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Google Fox lies

Stand back the screen explodes with results.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Dendro on page 1 of the thread wins it for me so far, and I had a little chuckle too, it was the 3rd post.

"An absolute lie?

Bush beating Gore in Florida. 100% BS reported on by Fox."

Well done Dendro 10/10

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Not only can I name a Confirmed absolute Lie .. I can also tell you why the lie was reported.

"EXIT POLL"

Why are they done ? To sway the Votes ! If your guy is loosing by a long shot in your district .. then why vote eh ? Still 6 or 4 or 2 more hours to vote..but they already have that state Plastered with blue or red .. Oh yea.. then come back later and say " erm..yea we were kinda presumptuous with those exit polls..its actually kinda different ..sorry about that Fact we plastered all over the map and the tickers and such.."

You mean to tell me that CNN,FOX ABC NBC etc. etc will PAY guys to stand out in front of a polling station to ASK " So..who did you vote for..". Then report back to H.Q. .. then Pay another set of guys to tally up the polls and then Those guys give a 3x5 card with the info to whomever inkjeted face is on camera to Openly tell you a lie ( false unconfirmed data ) .. Yes..they do..

Now what ever other "unconfirmed " information is being released as Fact News .. I have No clue. But I would suggest as others have that you need to confirm and reconfirm information as Fact before you read it and take it as Truth.

Its a big sandstorm of information we are dealing with and everyone has a keyboard ..

JG.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Can't go wrong with this.

There are videos of it on Youtube if you don't believe it.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Good video. Hadn't seen much of that footage before. Even more convinced.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Paschar0

I think the real answer is the MSM is complicit, after all who gives them the news to report? The government doesn't invite them to find stories good or bad. How long would it have taken for the MSM to find out what was going on in Libya? How about the on going UBL story? Who told them about that, piece by piece they dish out the story and it changes everyday. I don't blame the news media for the obvious lies. I blame them for sensationalizing it and not making the effort to investigate the story for accuracy. I blame them for not asking questions when the information they are receiving is obviously inaccurate an example would be a left handed UBL in a video clip operating a remote control right handed. Why didn't they ask about presidential directive 12333 2.11? Or question why we didn't capture the unarmed UBL and water board the crap out of him? Maybe someone would have had to ask why he pleaded innocent on 911 then. We will never find out.

But the greatest lie ever told by the MSM CBS if memory serves, and BTW it cost them a ton of money in a law suit from Ford. Was the explosive gas tank they rigged to explode on impact to sensationalize the story, and reporting it like an impact would cause an explosion every time. The MSM is nothing more than a willing accomplice to a government feeding us what they want us to know. There is so much to write about this topic great OP, anyone want to pick OK bombing apart MSM wise? or 911?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join