It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you name a single absolute lie from the TV news media?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Not long ago, I would watch the evening news and believed most of it would be at least somewhat accurate. I thought there might still be something called journalistic integrity and if they were to just outright lie, it would be exposed by a competitor immediately.

Now, I have a somewhat different view. I believe it is a coordinated effort to shape information. However pick almost any thread right here on ATS and there seems to be a group of people that believe what I used to

This question is for those of you who still believe that the MSM is still trustworthy and accurate, that said, can you name just ONE story that you know to be an outright falsehood or lie despite having an overall trust?

I'm hopeful this is a very short thread.
edit on 11-5-2011 by Paschar0 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Shouldn't this be asked the other way around..Like "Can they name one story they know to be the real, complete truth"....then this would be a very, very short thread indeed....
edit on 11-5-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Paschar0

Wouldn't someone who believed and trusted Mox News and SeeBS NOT want to admit the lies they spread?

I've got a great one. It's called 9/11.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
An absolute lie?

Bush beating Gore in Florida. 100% BS reported on by Fox.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I believed every last word of the news and papers till a few years ago myself lol was very blind. always new they exaggerated though. but in my opinion i think there are to many stories which are majority based on lies and deception. Sportsmen stories, like news on sports peoples lives are mostly utter balls, especially the glossy women's mags. utter balls lol.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
To some people on here the truth only gets in the way. They want to believe they are among a select few who know the real truth.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Paschar0

Oklahoma City Bombing, 1995...

Official story is completely different from the first 24 hours of news coverage...

why were we told that there were multiple explosive devices IN the building in the intial reports, but 16 years later, all anyone 'knows' about the event was that a truck bomb exploded outside the building...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
waco

wmds

watergate

jfk

oil scarcity

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Obama cares about the little man

Hydraulic fracturing is safe

the economy is improving

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
They said that the United States didn't arm the rebels in Libya, but then a week after the attack on Libya, the NY times had an article saying how the CIA had been in Libya for weeks and even armed the rebels.
I'm pretty sure that 75% of what they say about Iran and Syria is complete BS.
then i was watching Napolitano on fox news and he was listing these things that I hadn't heard about. But then he listed one that I knew was a bold faced lie. i can't remember what it was, but it really made me doubt the veracity of his other statements.
Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I read the news everyday, mainstream and alternative.

What they are really more guilty of is bending the truth to fit agendas. Fox News is the most guilty of this, but they all do it. CNN, USA today, MSNBC, you name it, they do it.
Hehe, one day I was watching Fox News. And that hot blonde brought up something the Director of "some alphabet agency i didn't care to remember" had said.
He was being interviewed by Congress and asked what countries pose the most threat to the US.
He responded "Russia and China." And then he clarified that they weren't planning to attack us but had the greatest capabilities. Let's just say the blonde was very insulted that the guy told the truth and didn't say Iran.
Then he was asked do you think the Rebels will win over Qaddafi. He said, "no, not they way things are going now" (Before the airstrikes; it's funny how before it happened they called it a no-fly zone)
She got offended again. she got offended at how honest he was being and even called for his resignation. Many republicans were offended by what he said.
Later in the day CNN got a hold of this story. They basically laughed at it and made Fox News look foolish.
Fox News literally got upset that a director of security told the truth to congress, and even called for him to resign.
/facepalm

edit on 11-5-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

What I find really scary is everytime I watch Fox News I find myself agreeing with whatever they say. Then i turn it off, think about what they say, and realize most of it is utter bull crap. E.G. I was actually thinking that maybe that guy should resign. This happens almost every time I turn it on.
edit on 11-5-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I think this fake footage from CNN is enough to confirm to anyone that they are full of stinking BS

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Journalist have been caught many times using a chroma key to make fake backdrops for their reporting. It will appear that the journalist is in the middle of a hurricane or in the middle of a heated gun battle in the middle east when in reality they are in a studio.

There are many youtube vidoes showing this. I will try and find some and edit it in in a bit!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Mudman21

HAHA, so that's what the daily show was making fun of when they had their news reporters do that.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The one the only evidence anyone needs ever to show the world and media are manipulated is this BBC video from 9/11 where they report that WTC7 has collapsed 20 mins BEFORE it actually did.

'nuff said!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I believe absolutely nothing in the MSM . I don't buy newspapers or watch the news on TV.
The "Breaking News Forum" on ATS pretty much supplies my needs

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Media Consolidation -- brought to you by Reagan and Clinton (to be thoroughly exploited by Bush and Obama)

www.calitics.com...

Interesting side story in this about how John Edwards was the only candidate to campaign on this issue and went against the grain of corporate controlled media and Government. See what happens when you don't play ball?

See how corporate media for profit works for the public's best interests? Need to See(Anymore)BS?

edit on 11-5-2011 by SphinxMontreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
First global cooling, now.....GLOBAL WARMING!!!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

More like Global Fleecing.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by pyrodude

and now Climate Change to ccover all bases

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Global Warming and the Madeleine McCann stuff.

They're the only ones I can legit think of right now. Nothing else comes to mind. I have a headache though so....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join