It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MAY 11th-EQ 5.3 magnitude SPAIN- Will Rome Get The "Big One" As Predicted Today?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by cakeordeath
reply to post by Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm sorry but you and the other guy are generalizing big time. I am Spanish (living in the UK) and I certainly do not believe the infrastructure or construction practices are poor. I don't know what kind of sh!thole did you go to, man, but that certainly does not represent the whole of Spain! WTF are you talking about, I don't know.

Some areas like this (Lorca) is not specially renowned by its new buildings (since it is an ancient city) but if you go to the cities, buildings tend to be brand new and cutting edge.

I live in Spain mate. Hondon Valley. So does my father, who is an electrician. Trust me the electrics in most of the towns are shocking.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The construction here in spain is pretty weak.
Brick and stone.
This is coming from a former framer from california.
Cali we over build
in Spain they under build
pretty lucky to escape this with minimal casualties considering how they do things here

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

You mean the electrics at Hondon which is where you have been to. Do we have to imply that the electrics at every freakin' city in spain is sh!t or what? Hang on, I need to take off my sombrero to put on my tin foil hat

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I'm way up north (Barcelona). It's a strange night, confusing because precisely tonight the soccer league is being solved (that would be in regular conditions more or less like a SuperBowl night here).

Regarding Lorca, Murcia. It's a farming or more accurately an agrarian and fruit area, miles of land, small towns, mild smooth weather in winter, hot in summer.

Ten people dead and still missing. Dozens of buildings gone down. 10.000 people have left Lorca afraid of aftershocks. The UME (which is our FEMA; Emergency Military Unit) is deploying in the area.

The strangest thing is that it all seems out of place. This is not an area known for such activity at all. It's more than unexpected I'd dare to say.

I'll try to keep you all posted.

And, as Spanish native, thank you all for your concern and debate.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDooz
I love how the majority here are simply waiting for some humongous event, disaster, or alien invasion to take place, constantly, always on the verge, waiting, sitting idly, going around in circles, looking at anything or anyone that might fulfill the moronic 'predictions' by the charlatans that often linger around here like ghosts.. . .
Predictions about earthquakes, alien invasions are made, the date passes, and nothing. . . and then, some imbecile says that it's another date. . . and the game goes on. . . never ending. . . wasting their pathetic existence on absurd theories, predictions, and so on. . . ask yourself what THAT type of behavior does to a life. . . does it make it any better, does it fulfill some higher purpose?

Seriously, what website do you think you on, take some time to navigate and get familiar with the over all subjects of this website, not to mention the purpose of it.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Just to try to stay on topic, it is certainly unusual for that area to get such devastating earthquake(s). Although it is true that is located near a fault line. It might be related to the planet alingment and prediction after all. I guess we will have to wait and see (let's hope we don't get any other catastrophic event, though).

Ps. so if it is so sh!t why do you go back there? You could go to better places in Spain

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom
I can't remember the place now exactly, but in NW Africa there is a volcano that has people worried that if it erupts and a big chunk falls off of it that the resulting tsunami would devastate the eastern United States. Anyone know what I am talking about?

if you look at one of my previous posts it probably the Tenerife
www.abovetopsecret.com...

is this the one you were thinking of

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by cakeordeath

It's rural and quiet, the scenery is beautiful and I'm surrounded by vineyards. :-)
edit on 11-5-2011 by Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by psyclops777

That's the one Cumbre Vieja.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

touche. But I still don't forget you've called me a prick
... little bitch would be best suited, though.

Peace

Ps. All my condolences to the victims and my best wishes for those injured or touched by the tragedy.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyclops777
reply to post by kalunom

Your link doesn't work...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom
I can't remember the place now exactly, but in NW Africa there is a volcano that has people worried that if it erupts and a big chunk falls off of it that the resulting tsunami would devastate the eastern United States. Anyone know what I am talking about?

Let me clarify:

La Palma Island, Islas Canarias (Canary Islands) in the Atlantic off the NW coast of Africa.
It would not exactly be a volcanic event, rather a huge crack already exists in the mountain that, if seperated, could cause a huge chunk of land with the mass/size equal to the Isle of Mann, (UK).
Mega-Tsunamis would ensue affecting every Atlantic coast of surrounding lands:
East coasts of N.America (USA, Canada); Caribbean Islands; S. America, mostly Brazil; West coasts of Africa; Portugal; Spain; France; Britain. The surge could enter the Mediterranean Sea and the North Sea into N. Europe.
(Not forgetting the islands surrounding the Canarias, which this would devastate: The Azores and Cap Verde Islands, etc).

This would be a semi-global event, not just for the Eastern US coasts!

*Note: When researching, do not confuse the Island of 'La Palma' with the City of 'Las Palmas', capital of the Canarias.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

I just checked it, ? it works for me ?

try this one

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyclops777
reply to post by kalunom

It's La Palma Island (Canarias), not Tenerife; See my post, above.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Mount Etna is erupting, wasn't something mentioned about that in one of the predictions from Cayce?
Seems to be a quite a bit of activity in the med area this last week.
Go to cam 6

edit on 11-5-2011 by JackieO because: picture

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JackieO

see this I Said in march of this year

psyclops777
Mood: subtle
Member is on ATS now.
P 60 F 21 S 34
W 0.56 K 12

posted on 26/3/11 @ 10:46 this post by psyclops777
"
Looks like what I was saying is coming close to possible. I suggested that quakes would start happening West Coast of Africa and they have happened. I mentioned Portugal and today 2 happened earthquake.usgs.gov...
It looks like the whole of the worlds plates are shifting and I dont think the big one has really happened yet I think its still due. And due quite soon by the patterns recently. I think we need to keep a closer eye on West Africa plates and the West of Europe. www.emsc-csem.org...

Also I mentioned the ALEUTIAN ISLANDS, ALASKA. I still say that this place is also to be watched carefully. I know I might sound like a MAD MAN and yes people will say ' they happen all the time there ?' but I have these strong feelings and feel that I need to post it here.... earthquake.usgs.gov... "

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JackieO

just to back up you story
www.volcanolive.com...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join