It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor Made Believe He was Navy SEAL, Included Aspects of Seagal Movie, GI Jane in Stories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
This guy is a complete moron.

It seems like people want credit for being heroes-- even when they are far from it. Now that Osama bin Laden has met his end at the hands of Navy SEALs, there are many that want to jump on the bandwagon.

One case is a pastor from Pennsylvania, Jim Moats, who has been telling his congregation for five years that he was a Navy SEAL in Vietnam: Apparently at least part was based on Steven Seagal's 1992 film Under Seige:

Among other things, Moats said he was subjected to waterboarding when he trained at Little Creek Amphibious Base in Virginia Beach in 1971 and was assigned dishwashing duty for his bad attitude. "I had almost no discipline. I was as wild as they came. That was my nemesis," he told the paper. "They weren't looking for a guy who brags to everyone he is a SEAL. They wanted somebody who was ready but had an inner confidence and didn't have a braggadocio attitude."

OP:
Pastor Made Believe He was Navy SEAL, Included Aspects of Seagal Movie, GI Jane in Stories

What should we do to this guy?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
nothing

lying while meritless

is expression

as it does not infringe
upon any ones rights

he is free to do as he wishes
stolen valor act
infringed upon the first amendment

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ineverknew

In my opinion he is worse than a moron,,a spiritual leader that bases his life on a lie...what next ,is he going to tell people he was one of Jesus' disciples?Really it's just more of the same,government lies,big business lies,now the church lies(at least this small part)>it all just makes me sick...I served,I wasn't a seal,I wasn't a squid I was just a Marine and I'm damn proud of that fact,why lie about it,does he think that makes him a better preacher?I think it qualifies him to run for public office.....peace Ya'll

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
His first mistake was using a Steven Siegal movie.....He would have had more credibility using Hot Shots, over a SS movie.....

Maybe he will learn from his mistakes, maybe his future sermons will be about the time he was a marine, and his mission was to infiltrate an alien culture, learn their ways, then help destroy their big tree!!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Truther9111776

utter twaddle , lying does have consequences : try shounting " fire " in a theatre

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by gary714

a spiritual leader that bases his life on a lie

Nothing new there then!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by lektrofellon

I know,I just keep hoping ya know...
he will definitely get his in the end...peace Ya'll

top topics

join