It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brother watches kids eat!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
What is this going to change?

We all know that school food is ridiculously unhealthy. Even before Jamie Oliver started his campaign. School lunches go out to the lowest bidder and as a result kids usually end up eating processed and reconstituted garbage.

But what is photographing what kids eat and don't eat going to change? Are they actually going to keep tabs on what each individual student (in a school of likely hundreds), and then force each child to correct their diet? That would take untold man-hours, and the cost would be enormous.

Why can't the school just reinvest that money into providing healthier foods?

None of this adds up.

Exactley, alsi, this is a relatively poorer area, alot of these students are on foodstamps this is an assumed fact, having lived in the school district, and knowing the area.. Could this be the "proof" they need to restrict foodstamps to only "healthy" foods?
Just a wild speculation is all

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JJDoggie84

I just saw this on the local Dallas/Fort Worth news today on my way out the door. On one end it is very weird, but on the other end I can kind of see things "just going" this way with technology being as readily available as it is.

Either way I am contemplating not putting my 1yr old through public schools. I can't really afford private schools, but I think home schooling would still be better. Until they outlaw home schooling.........

Heres a news segment on the "Calorie Camera"

edit on 12-5-2011 by westrock2000 because: figuring out youtube embed

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Hmm...I have two thoughts on this:

1) As the parent of a school-age child, the leftist-hippie side of me comes out. We don't always have time to fix lunch for our child, so he eats what the lunch room provides. I wish I could keep track of what he eats there, because I know what he tells me he ate is B.S.

2) The Libertarian side of me says "Nazi-fascist-totalitarian-commie-monsters!"

My heart says to look at it as a blessing as it's one more way to keep tabs on my son's health and well-being. My mind tells me that the government has yet again oozed into a crack in our rights as Americans.

/TOA

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

My heart says to look at it as a blessing as it's one more way to keep tabs on my son's health and well-being. My mind tells me that the government has yet again oozed into a crack in our rights as Americans.

/TOA

I agree that we would like to know those things, but at the same time we are trying to instill values and trust in children. The closest I ever had to this growing up was an elementary school that wouldn't let you buy ice cream unless you purchased a complete meal and it had to be the good meal, not the burrito and fries fast meal. This was also the only school I ever attended that still spanked kids (early 90's). But yet I managed to know when I was eating something that I probably shouldn't.

I also agree with some of the comments I have seen on various news websites that are running the article that $2 million dollars could fund ALOT of educating. Even sending young people through local colleges to get teaching degrees could fund 150-200 interns. I mean ANYTHING to save our childrens educations.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JJDoggie84

Am I over reacting, or is this officially Nazi America?

You are not over reacting. I do not want to repost the Rockefeller/Big Pharma/Childrearing psych post I just made so go to the two posts, it is will make you sick.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by showintail

Exactley, alsi, this is a relatively poorer area, alot of these students are on foodstamps this is an assumed fact, having lived in the school district, and knowing the area.. Could this be the "proof" they need to restrict foodstamps to only "healthy" foods?

I would not trust these sneaky SOBs at ALL! In the last years we farmers learned the USDA works for the Ag Cartel/WTO/UN Calling them Vipers is an insult to the snakes!

See this for what they are really like:
www.opednews.com...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Honestly think they might care about how to get kids to start eating healthier, which is something we all have to think about ..children as well as grownups.

It seems a big watse of money though, and I wish they's give some to Jamie Oliver to show them how make great tasting ,nutritious alternatives.

It seems like the heart is in the right place..how to get children on a healthy road to nutrition , but maybe the means on how they are going about it is a lil scewed...(which is typical)

Hopefully this isn't some ploy ,to get cameras in the schools , for some future purpose that has nothing to do with nutrition. (I know I know..the dark side of my brain is gearing up, but after all...I do believe in conspiracies...so it seems , at times, what they tell us the purpose for something is... is really smoke and mirrors for some far more sinister reasons) Hopefully it isn't the case.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join