It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Activists Confront Condoleeza Rice at Stanford University

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Cheers OP, appreciate the vid.

You're right we definitely do need more people willing to stand up and be counted, like these two people in your clip.

But shall i tell you what we need, even more than them?

*A LOT LESS* of the other so called 'free Americans' in the room at the time.

Listening to the very vocal crowd jeering and shouting her down made me sick, these people are doing what it takes to ensure freedom and accountability of government to the people.

And they sneer at...that..in the USA?!

Are they predominately idiots at Stanford or something?

If they don't like someone voicing a free opinion at an accused war criminal, perhaps they should study elsewhere...China or North Korea maybe? I hear they don't like people speaking up against corrupt politicians either...they'd fit in fine, i'm sure.

Wake up people...it's not about decorum, it's about freedom and justice.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by wasco2

Funny, I heard a man's voice say, "Go to hell!". Of course the far left has never bothered to let fact get in the way of a good rant.

It was warming to see the actual students at Dr. Rice's lecture supported her.

edit on 11-5-2011 by wasco2 because: to add

Dear Dear me.........How old were you when this woman helped kick off those wars ?
When this woman lied through her teeth to the American people ?
Were you asleep or about 10 or 11 ?

How anyone can support a known war criminal is beyond me !
All those people dead and Americans still let her and the other criminals in her gang walk the streets.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Idiots at Stanford? Not really. Idiots on ATS? Oh yeah, droves of them.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Not idiots per se, but stanford.... You either get really lucky and get a scholarship there, or your parents got a lot of dough. They run in the same circle as the elite.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by lambros56

Well, cupcake, I was 50 and running my own business. How old were you?

She's not a war criminal because YOU and ilk think she is. As far as I know she's never been convicted or even indicted.

Now for the meat, tell me, specifically, what lies she's supposed to have told to the American people?

Bear in mind too that both as National Security Adviser and Secretary of State her job might have REQUIRED her to lie to the public.

Last it seems you are probably not an American so probably know little more of what you are talking about than knee-jerk far left talking points. In point of fact the woman is smarter, more intelligent, better educated, more successful, and infinitely classier than you can ever hope to be.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by wasco2

Sorry Wasco but your points are irrelevant and misplaced. A poop sprayed with perfume is still poop. It doesn't matter how educated, intelligent, successful or classy she is there is still mounds of potential for her to commit crimes.

Often found in surveys is the fact that most people would commit a crime or morally objective action if they knew they could get away with it. about:startpage

Regardless of whether or not Condi is a war criminal I applaud the woman for standing up for her right to protest in every fashion. I didn't see her get unruly and when approached by enough people she left. I do think however that this video DOES show how naive Condi's supporters were as they didn't even give the poor lady a chance to speak her peace before yelling go to hell etc.

to my point earlier in this post. Many successful, educated, intelligent and "classy" people rob, kill, and deal/do drugs everyday. so what is the difference we're all people and deserve to speak honestly with one another. The only thing lies and treachery will get you is a one way ticket to dying alone.

edit on 11-5-2011 by HellstormRising because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Who was the jackass that immediately started yelling "shut the hell up"?

I think there is something seriously wrong when the people of this country cannot freely express their opinions to those that were supposed to serve us in the first place. These people (Rice, Cheney, etc. retired politicians who make a small fortune giving controlled talks at Universities) seem to be in a protective bubble. What is wrong with a little back and forth? This woman's outburst might not have allowed that, but the fact that there is no accountability in the eyes of many and there is no way for most people to directly talk to those that were supposed to serve this country is the reason for it, IMO.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Again the left wing /right wing paradigm has been mentioned ... what will it take for people to understand its just a farce.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
she was george bush's pet and she was there because she has absolutely no morals or ethics and if bush ordered her to a hospital and to shoot 15 newborn babies she would do it without any hesitation, question or thought.

she might actually enjoy it, because she is full of herself and is full of self intellectual elitism.

she is the kind of person, along with bush, cheney and rumsfield that che guevara would have lined up against a wall, without a trial and shot. yet che is a murderous war criminal.

edit on 11-5-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon102
Again the left wing /right wing paradigm has been mentioned ... what will it take for people to understand its just a farce.

You know exactly what it will take.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I think the guys shouting at her are just upset that she is more a man then they are.

Brave thing to do for sure.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by wasco2
reply to post by lambros56

Well, cupcake, I was 50 and running my own business. How old were you?

She's not a war criminal because YOU and ilk think she is. As far as I know she's never been convicted or even indicted.

Now for the meat, tell me, specifically, what lies she's supposed to have told to the American people?

Bear in mind too that both as National Security Adviser and Secretary of State her job might have REQUIRED her to lie to the public.

Last it seems you are probably not an American so probably know little more of what you are talking about than knee-jerk far left talking points. In point of fact the woman is smarter, more intelligent, better educated, more successful, and infinitely classier than you can ever hope to be.

Yeah, classy enough to warn the American people about a mushroom cloud that was never a threat. Nothing but lies and misdirection... and her education or speaking ability is the benchmark of credibility? If she knew the intelligence was false, she is a liar and should be prosecuted. If she couldn't see it was false, she is an idiot...which one is it?

edit on 11-5-2011 by SmokeandShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
My favorite Connie Rice moment was her testimony about the Presidents daily briefing she gave to Bush. Went something like this at the 9/11 hearing on the matter: Congressman "Ms Rice, do you recall the name of the memo"? C. Rice response "I think it was TITLED....Bin Laden determined to attack inside US". Loved it. What a joke. Sure she's smart, but doesn't that just make her a smarter liar?
edit on 11-5-2011 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Code Pink, Really? That lady has to be the most annoying woman on the planet... OP Thank you, for reminding me why I liberals are all morons. That woman didn't have a original idea in her head... no stars for you, and thanks for yet another "free spirited" liberal suck feast..

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth

Code Pink, Really? That lady has to be the most annoying woman on the planet... OP Thank you, for reminding me why I liberals are all morons. That woman didn't have a original idea in her head... no stars for you, and thanks for yet another "free spirited" liberal suck feast..

With such valiant defenders of freedom of speech like you around, I'm sure we'll be heading down the path of Freedom Town in no time!
edit on 11-5-2011 by Cuervo because: tired.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I have learned that Liberals believe in free speech, that is unless you disagree with them. After that it is "Hate Speech". you just proved my point, since I believe these "Spirited Activist" to be text book zombiesque liberals (which they most certainly our) it must mean I don't believe in free speech. Free Speech only goes so far, I'm all for them to go to their Liberal news source's (that nobody reads, or watches) but you can only create so much of a disturbance before you have to leave... I'm sure your a lawyer, and know that free speech isn't a free pass do anything you want unlike most people on this site... oh wait a lot of people do.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I find it funny that 21 people actually gave this thread a flag.... because liberals acting like flakes, not letting people talk doesn't happen every single day
what a joke

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth
reply to post by Cuervo

*snip* Free Speech only goes so far, *snip*

Please go back and read through our dialog and at least admit you are guilty of the same thing you are accusing me of.
edit on 11-5-2011 by Cuervo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Here here! I concur... I hope she is tried as a war criminal.
After 911 when she said that there was no way they could predict that
Terrorist's would hijack planes and crash them into the world trade center??
Even their own people were saying that in numerous documents. I know of at least
one person who could refute that. Her name is Susan Lindauer. We all know
what happened when she tried to speak out.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I certainly support the ideas behind her action/speech, but she just comes across as a loud-mouth. She sounds half- pre-scripted half just repeating catch phrases.

The left needs to do better than this if they are going to do anything other than marginalize themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join