It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Gas Prices Ridiculous? Try living in Canada.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Speechless

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
HAHA You Canadians can't complain, here in England regular gas is now over $10 a gallon and rising every week by about $0.02
edit on 11-5-2011 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoSpace
HAHA You Canadians can't complain, here in England regular gas is now over $10 a gallon and rising every week by about $0.02
edit on 11-5-2011 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

Oh we can complain...

See? I just did. lol

Yeah, I noticed your prices as well. How are you folks coping over there? Ridiculous.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
We can certainly complain...Last year at this time we paid about $0.94/L Now we are paying anywhere from $1.35/L to ove1.50/L...But our prices go up anywhere from $0.05/L to $0.07/L PER WEEK...That a 296% rise in gas prices in the last year alone!
edit on 11-5-2011 by misfitofscience because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
My car (of course) only takes premium - says it right on the cap, the tank, the book everywhere. So I pay (as of today) 1.62 LITRE or about 6.48 a gallon ... and I have to drive 40 KMS each way to work ... its KILLING me

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

What is truly amazing is that Canada is a chief supplier of oil to the U.S.

Canada should definately build a new state of the art refinery or two.

That would be a game changer.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Think Canadian gas prices are high? We're 2/3 the price that they pay in Europe.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

If you can afford a boat and vacation time to enjoy it you're probably not too worried about how much you spend on gas for it.

Count your blessings.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueInstinct

It was $1.39/L, but got raised to $1.41/L where I live. Thats just North of Toronto, say 50 mins up Yonge Street. Apparently they only have to keep it at 85 cents a litre to make a profit.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
One thing a lot of Americans don't realize is that our Federal Taxes also help subsidize the gas and oil industries (despite huge profits), so the true cost of gasoline in our county is not reflected in the gas pump listed price. Similarly, the cotton farmers first started getting subsidies in the 30s, after prices collapsed. Those subsidies are still around even though most of the cotton farmers are now actually corporations rather than individual farmers or families, and cotton prices are near record levels as well . Your Tax Dollar At Work (to line the pockets of corporations again).

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Plenty of those here in PA.

Gas is $3.95 here last I checked. Might be $3.89 now. I miss the days of filling my tank with $20.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by zookey
American's just like to whine loud how hard done by they are.

They have no real clue how the rest of the world live.

They think they have a right to easy living, cheap oil, big wages blah blah.

They couldn't handle it in other parts of the world. they always run to get home because they would have to contribute and pay their taxes here.

This is the dumbest post ever. Can't you get it that people can't afford to pay that much at the pumps? Who's complaining for comfort and easy living? And what has the rest of the world to do with how canadians (which I'm assuming you've refereed to as americans, since most of the poster here are canadians) feel about how hard their pockets are being hit by the crazy high gas prices? We don't think we have a right to easy living: We work hard to make a living and worked very hard to create a canadian way of life, thus this is our life style. We're not asking cheap oil (even though our pumps in Saskatchewan, Alberta and further North are pumping oil in huge quantities that only God knows where it goes) we're asking reasonable prices according to the market value. Big wages? Well I'm sorry but I can't blame the high standard, economy and the richness of my country for giving me the possibility of a well paid job. Instead of whining and pooh poohing, try to do what we did with our country. It doesn't take a miracle, just share of will power, dedication and desire to improve you own life.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The short answer is, well it's all coming apart thanks to greed and corruption. Don't worry about gas prices. It's designed this way. Just know that design will destroy this fail world we live in. What awaits us isn't the dark days most end of dayer's claim. They will be dark times if you see it that way but I see a bright future, a renewal.

It is interesting to know how other countries fair in this oil game. In early 2001 - 2006 I lived in Italy and Spain. Gas prices were insanely high then and have been for so long the entire population drives small compact vehicles to scooters. The dump trucks are so cute compared to an american dump truck
I've see an entire family on a scooter. The father driving, a kid on the 'floor' at his feet, the mother sitting back to back with husband holding a baby. There very could have been another passenger on that scooter that I'm forgetting about.

Screw religion, government, corporations, greed, money is the root of all evil

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I just filled my tank yesterday at $1.23/litre here in Manitoba.

But that was yesterday...

Maybe I should put on a diaper when I go to fill it again in a few more days ?

Crap.
(pun intended)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Try living in UK right now ... £1.40 A LITRE!!! ... A LITRE!!!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
First off, a disclaimer regarding 'peak oil'.

Last time I was in Canada, I had to warn the Canadian officials of a possible terrorist act in the tunnel, on the inbound side. My assumption was that since every car coming back into Canada was most likely fully fueled, it would be the perfect tear-iss fuel source. In America, gas was around $2 /gallon. It was simply twice as much the second you crossed the border, so it was really no great stretch for me to help them with this usable information. They insisted on looking me over at length, so I thought I'd give them some pointers. Tear pointers.

During prohibition, runners used boats hopped up with surplus WW1 airplane engines. Maybe if the tunnel melted down there'd be more of those hopped up boats making the rounds.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

Shell just closed one in the province of Québec!
2nd line, free of gas...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Or try to live in the Netherlands.

Last week I payed €1,78 a Litre.
That's about €80,00 for a full tank.
And that's about €300,- a month for the car I drive.
Plus road taxes and insurance i pay about €400,- a month. That's even more than i pay for rent

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by hoover1980

It looks like the elites are trying to have the exclusivity on everything, like their ancestors did... Us slaves at the bottom will be left to pick up scraps...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by brindle

Originally posted by delboy644
reply to post by jude11

Here in Scotland just filled my car up at £1.41 a litre. There are nearly 4 litres in a U.S. Gallon (3.7854 to be exact) and at the current exchange rate that works out at $8.73 a Gallon. Soon I wont be able to afford to go to work.
You dont need a car in Scotland.Scotland is small enough to ride a horse anywhere you need to go.You dont need a car.Toughen up a little bit.
You can't ride a horse in Scotland!! If you turned your back on it for 5 seconds, it'd be up on bricks

Petrol is £1.37.9 at the nearest garage to me. £1.32.9 if I want to travel to the cheepest (6 miles away)

(anyone tell me what the freaking point of the .9 is? Make us pretend that it's cheeper than it really is.
)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join